“Great food. The service...” 4 of 5 stars

951-341-6767
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Duane's Prime Steaks and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 638 Restaurants in Riverside
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food. The service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

Great food. The service is very professional but slow. Perfect if you want to spend a lot of time talking with your date. Not so great if the date is not going so well :D

Glendale California
“What hapened to Duane's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

For the past sever years my sister and I have taken our family to The Mission Inn in Riverside Calif. to see the Christmas lights, and have dinner at Duane's. This year the lights were beautiful, but Duane's was terrible. The steak was tought, the garlick mash potatoes were tasteless the four asparagus were over cooked. In the past we have had very good meals at Duane's I wounder what happened this year?
Duane's is not cheep and this makes the dinning experience even worse. Next year we will be back to see the lights, but we will not be back to Duane's.

chi
“Dreadful service, so-so food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

Note: This is a review only of Duane's, the "premiere" restaurant at Mission Inn.

Let me urge you to stay away from this overrated steakhouse. I eat at plenty of high-end restaurants at various places across the US, and often enjoy myself. This is one of the few times I felt the urge to get online and warn people away from a place.

We reserved the private room at Duane's for a party of around 15 people, and had a range of problems. First, our waiter immediately gave us the impression that he was not happy to be working our room. I guess the 18% guaranteed gratuity wasn't enough to make his day.

Second, I ordered a Calif. wine of a great vintage from the menu. What they brought me was the same brand of wine from a terrible vintage. When I pointed this out, the waitered sniffed, and spent 5 minutes verifying that they were indeed out of the good vintage. NO EXAGGERATION, I then proceeded to order THREE MORE wines, all of which were they only had in inferior vintages. Now I expect most people wouldn't notice this kind of thing, but when I am spending $100 per person, and $50+ per bottle of wine, I don't expect to see the old bait-and-switch.

Third, those of us who ordered Filet Mignon were never asked by Mr Sniffy how we wanted it prepared. I actually had to go flag him down so he could note our requests. (And by the way, I asked for medium rare, and got medium well. Thanks for the $60 piece of shoe leather, Sniffy. I guess you win.)

If I can stop one group from wasting their money at this place, this was worth my time.

riverside, ca
“Quality food, but is overrated for total experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

Duane's is the namesake restaurant of the owner of the Mission Inn, and is probably the most expensive and popular 4/5 star restaurant in Riverside. You get the experience of dining at the Mission Inn, and for a special occasion or for those who stay at the Mission Inn, it has to be tried at least once.

The food is good, and usually flavorful. I have never had a quantity problem, but I completely understand any issues with "getting what you pay for". You will spend at least $125 not including tip on a dinner for two. That's your entrees, salads(none come as part of your dinner), a couple drinks, and coffee or dessert. You do not get a lot, but you do get quality food, and I suppose that is the trade-off. I do however have a problem with service. The wait staff is never available when you need them. I don't care how professional and polite they are, they should constantly be checking on their customers, considering the tip they expect from such an expensive meal. My husband and I have eaten here a few times and this is always the thorn in my side at Duane's.

No, you don't have to spend this kind of money for a good steak in Riverside, but many people just go here because of it's location, location, location. l have had better for less, but if you want the upper eschelon dining experience in Riverside, then Duane's is at the top of the list.

California
“Very expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

My husband and I dined at Duane's recently and though we thought the food was good, the price was a bit stunning for what we got. We both had the filet mignon which was done very nicely and they have an extensive wine list, but the sides of vegetables were nothing to special and the presentation was average at best. The service left something to be desired as our waiter disappeared sometime between the main course and dessert. This being said, this area of So Cal is lacking in fine dining and Duane's is probably the best place for a "fine" steak in the area.