“I usually don't do chains, but this one is an exception ...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #147 of 621 Restaurants in Riverside
California
“I usually don't do chains, but this one is an exception ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just went to Riverside's IHOP for the first time in years, after the Mission Inn Run. Used to go there all of the time when our son was in grade school. We were always pleased that they were so good for their signature items. Times have changed, but, hey, it's a trip down memory lane. Wow, who would have thought fresh veggies at a chain. My wife and I split a garden (all fresh veggies) omelet. Added (fresh!) spinach for 59 cents. Our free side was buttermilk pancakes. Added an order of hash browns. Everything was very good - and plenty; we couldn't finish it all. We sat at the counter and watched a constant flow of good-looking and good-smelling food being whisked away by the waitstaff and managers. The service was friendly and efficient. The price - including drinks and tax was less than $20. I've been to other IHOP in the past few years and they simply don't measure up to Riverside's on University Avenue.

• Visited November 2013