“All Gave Some, Some Gave All” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 43 things to do in Riverside
55 attraction reviews
“All Gave Some, Some Gave All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

A reverent memorial to all those who served this great Nation of ours....some came home & lived a full life, others saw battle never to return. The grounds are beautiful; lakes, trees, flags & two gorgeous memorials. There is the National POW/MIA memorial near the entrance & the Medal of Honor Memorial- spend time at both & say thank you....I am honored to be related to Joe Foss, the number one Marine Ace from WW II & I was honored to have met two others from WW II before they passes, Mitch Paige & John Finn....all great men who never believed thy did anything heroic. Take an hour or two & pay your respects....enjoy!

Visited June 2013

California
4 attraction reviews
“Bless those who serve our country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A very nice and respectful final resting place for those who have served our great Country. It's also right across from The March Airfield Museum and Reserve Base.

Visited May 2013
Riverside, California
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

nice and clean, people were friendly and helpful. no trash and quite. would recomment this to any one coming to this area, a must see.

Visited March 2013
Glendale, California
106 attraction reviews
“Kind Staff and a Dignified Burial for my Uncle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This morning my family went to Riverside National to bury my uncle. I found the staff to be exceptionally kind during our service. We arrived early and rather than immediately waiting in the staging area, the guard gate told us to wait in the administration building and out of the heat.

I loved the organization at Riverside. Just before eleven am, we parked our cars in Staging area one and we were greeted by Yolanda, the cemetery rep. She went over all of the details and was both compassionate and efficient.

She led the procession to the outdoor ceremony area, where we were met by a Naval Color Guard group, who picked up my Uncle's remains and a flag from the car and carried it in procession to a covered seating area. On the grass three service men fired off three shots, followed by taps and the flag folding/presentation. Two service men approached my aunt and said very kind words to her, presenting her with the flag and the casings.

Even with the military formalities, it was a brief, simple, intimate service. It was a perfect way to say goodbye and I know my uncle would have loved it.

I really appreciated the respect and care that we were given by the staff and volunteers at Riverside. We didn't spend a lot of time driving around the cemetery, but the grounds looked beautiful as well. It was much nicer that Forest Lawn Glendale, where other family members are buried.

Please visit my blog for more reviews and thoughts.

Visited May 2013
Riverside, California
66 attraction reviews
“Very Sobering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Go the the southeast part of the cemetery for the new graves. When you see how young some of these folks are who are currently fighting and dying, you will appreciate what they do to protect us.

Visited January 2013