“Would go back again!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Monza, Italy
“Would go back again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Good rates, friendly staff, clean and spacious room. The position is not the best in town, but you have to take your car anyway and there's no need to walk around (there are no attractions nearby). Would definitely go back to this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I got Room No. 110. Every minute there was air pressure or bathroom plumbing pressure was making 10-15 seconds. That was on going every minute. I could not sleep at all. When I noticed the noise at first I thought it was happening when other people were using bathrooms but it was an ongoing all night and day event every minute. I even recorded to confirm how often it was happening. It is every minute for 10-15 seconds noise like tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh... tuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. I told the lady on the front office in the morning and she said she would talk to the manager and took my phone number but no call or nothing. DO NOT WASTE YOUR NIGHT IN THIS LODGE. IT WILL DRIVE YOU NUTS. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF I SLEPT IN THE CAR. WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE IN LIFE.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend. I actually live in the area but no air conditioning at the home and my family and I need to get some A/C. Thought this place was a good idea, good price for 80.00 for one night. My husband had reserved a room with a king bed but was told it was not available anymore and had to get double beds??? We get there room inside is tidy and cleaned, except the fact the furniture was ratted and the armoire's bottom shelf was broken. First thing my husband does is turn on the A/C unit. It works but only on one side, and the piece on top of the A/C, that angles the air flow, was broken plus the air was cool, not cold. Secondly, the shower. My husband and I could not get the shower on, because the attachment to the shower from the handle, was broken off the wall. We were trying to push it in the wall to see if would hook on something so the water can go from the tub to shower...but no success...had to resort to a BATH :/ Turned the water on and waited forever for the hot water to come, but never did. We had the handle all the way turned to hot but it was only warm, if that. Every time I used the toilet the toilet seat would jiggle around. Finally after going for the 4th time the seat popped right off the toilet, to the ground.

To top it off, we brought our bathing suits to swim but was told by the front desk that no one is allowed to go over there, that they had no "handicap" signs up something. So pool was off limits. They've had the pool for how long, and they have no signs??? i figured it was crap they were telling us and the pool was not clean. How can they not keep it up to standards, especially during the summer...

Thunderbird Lodge is nice to see on the outside but its just a whole front. Beware of a deal that is too good to be true. Most of the time you get screwed over on something or a few things.

Room Tip: Get a top floor, people in this area area up all night and like to stomp around upstairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Placentia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

stayed here for a dance competition at the convention center my girls were in. Room was clean but a little small for 4 people. Bed was comfy. WiFi never did work the two nights we stayed. Could not understand the shower. Had to fool with it for a while to get it to turn off. Not enough plugs for phones, hair dryers, etc. Price was right for the amount of time we were in the room.

Room Tip: bottom floors are noisy if someone is in the room above you.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed at the Thunderbird Lodge four times and have had only great experiences. I believe the place was renovated shortly before I began staying here and it was done very tastefully. The staff is friendly and always remembers who I am (even though there are six month gaps between my stays). Great location near downtown, not far from the university, and is usually pretty inexpensive!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Glendale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hotel had excellent customer service. Mattress was awsome, I usually complain because of a bad back, but not this time. Very close to downtown but not a good neighborhood to be walking around. Wifi was slow, but the manager made sure I was able to do what I needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Well I stayed at the thunderbird lodge in riverside for their good reviews and great advertisement . I was going to be in town for a few days so I just decited to give it a try. Everything was great clean rooms, comfy bed nothing to complain,... -the Negative side when we arrived I had asked for a non smoking room because I'm truly disgusted with the smell and allergic to it. It turned to be that the Deskclerk was clearly a smoker "she smelled from head to toe like cigarettes " yuck! Even tho I was given a non smoking room It turned to be worse. clerk walked around the lodge smoking another cigarette, great now I have to deal with the smell outside my room. i don't understand why in working hours she would do such thing! only in california im guessing. can things get any worse? Yes .later on that night I stepped out my room to get some ice and I seen the same clerk talking to a guest comfirming on a date!? I was truly shocked to witness such thing. Although clerk was nice when we checked in what kind of prefessionalism is that? I will never allow my husband or family stay at this place again. I know most of it all is non of my business but I just think everything about my stayed was wrong! I will not be returning to this place again. Ill recomend people that If you need somewhere to stay, to keep on driving theirs plainty of vacancy with professional staff around the area.

Stayed March 2013

Been to Thunderbird Lodge? Share your experiences!