“good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Glendale, California
“good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hotel had excellent customer service. Mattress was awsome, I usually complain because of a bad back, but not this time. Very close to downtown but not a good neighborhood to be walking around. Wifi was slow, but the manager made sure I was able to do what I needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Well I stayed at the thunderbird lodge in riverside for their good reviews and great advertisement . I was going to be in town for a few days so I just decited to give it a try. Everything was great clean rooms, comfy bed nothing to complain,... -the Negative side when we arrived I had asked for a non smoking room because I'm truly disgusted with the smell and allergic to it. It turned to be that the Deskclerk was clearly a smoker "she smelled from head to toe like cigarettes " yuck! Even tho I was given a non smoking room It turned to be worse. clerk walked around the lodge smoking another cigarette, great now I have to deal with the smell outside my room. i don't understand why in working hours she would do such thing! only in california im guessing. can things get any worse? Yes .later on that night I stepped out my room to get some ice and I seen the same clerk talking to a guest comfirming on a date!? I was truly shocked to witness such thing. Although clerk was nice when we checked in what kind of prefessionalism is that? I will never allow my husband or family stay at this place again. I know most of it all is non of my business but I just think everything about my stayed was wrong! I will not be returning to this place again. Ill recomend people that If you need somewhere to stay, to keep on driving theirs plainty of vacancy with professional staff around the area.

Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice hotel. Rooms were nice and tastefully furnished. Close to downtown area which is quite interesting, although hotel appears to be in a slightly run-down area of town. Features complimentary parking near your room, working and free wi-fi, air conditioning, bar fridge and coffee machine. Overall, the price is about right for what you get.

• Stayed May 2013
Benson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in king size bed. Room was large and comfortable. Bed was extraordinary comfortable. Room was not dark at all. Pillows not comfortable. No coffee or breakfast. No tissues in room. Old style 19 inch tv. Service wasn*t good - couldn't get a reciept.

• Stayed February 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our experience was generally positive during our one-night stay with one major disadvantage. The hotel was easy to find with a colorful neon sign. There is a liquor store across the street and a McDonald's within walking distance but not much else nearby. Parking is within the perimeter of the rooms, so it was easy to keep an eye on your car. It was a little chilly the night we arrived (February). The heat worked well but blew the curtain about until we used the supplied iron to pin the curtain against the window. The shower was nice and the towels were thick. There was shampoo and body lotion but no tissues. The television and coffee maker worked well. Usually hotels offer a continental breakfast but the Thunderbird did not. Perhaps no breakfast is customary in this part of California. There was a small pool and hot tub which we did not use. The wifi worked better with my phone than does my home wifi. The major annoyance was that our key cards didn't work in our room. We either had to let each other in or be let in by staff (staff's key worked fine). I was able to enter once using the key card through vigorous rubbing in the lock. When the manager was made aware of the problem, he offered us a room on the second floor (this room was on the ground floor) but since there were two of us and we were only staying one night it was not a big problem for us, so we put up with it. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this location earlier this year on Easter weekend for an event at the NOS center. Upon coming in its a nice calm location, we arrived rather early so that we can look around. The Lobby was clean and seemed new. The man at the check-in desk was friendly and got us the room we wanted, on the second floor. The carpet was clean and had a working AC , bonus points. No water bugs found, no roaches, and no bed bugs. Which totally made me fall in love because i am terrified of all three. The bed was pretty comfy and the sheets were clean and soft. There were hangers,a hanging rack, an iron, and a mini fridge available. Everything went great they even didn't mind that we checked out an hour later than planned, no fee was added, nor were we scolded for it.
Only down sides was that there were no matts in the restroom to keep you from falling on your way out of the shower, and the shower only had a cloth curtain and no plastic gaurd to keep the water from drenching the curtain as well as soaking the floor. If we would have had extra towels, I wouldnt have minded, but we didn't want to ask for extra towels so late at night (I would suggest you ask for them on your way in). Also the fridge was not on,nor did I see anywhere to plug it into (we didn't bother letting them know), we didn't use it either way. The tv made the worst noise when turned on but in a way it was nice to spend quiet time with my boyfriend haha so it was a good thing for us.
The lodge is also close to a liquor store, couple restaurants, and a Mc Donald's; we didn't entirely starve during on of our 1am craving kicks.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Thunderbird Lodge? Share your experiences!