“Great Location in Riverside” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Location in Riverside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A great location for a great, comfy hotel with great employees that remember me every time I return. Located on the corner of Market and 5th St in Riverside, the lobby is filled with natural daylight during the day. Check in is usually quick and easy. The business center is off the lobby with an open well lighted atmosphere. There is a workout room with a couple machines and free weights. The pool is in the center of the hotel with an atrium effect. All the rooms are large and comfortable with large sectional couch, computer desk, room divider to distinguish between the bed and lounge area. The plasma TV is able to be viewed from either side making the room so functional and comfortable. There is a nice large shower in the bathroom and the bed is so comfortable with nice linens and pillows. Nice large windows allow more natural light to the room. The free breakfast is good with lots of fruit, yogurts, egg entrees, and cereals. I like this hotel and look forward to staying there when in Riverside. Lots of good walking, restaurants and historic sites nearby.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jay K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Dear lilly172:

Thank you for the nice accolades! Hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I visited this hotel during a short stay for an out of town interview from the SF bay area and while changing my clothes in the ladies bathroom, I left my diamond ring in the bathroom. The bathroom was in a location with public access and I didn't realize it until I was on the plane by home that I left it. Ashley, a hotel employee found my ring and was honest enough to put it on her manager's desk. This was a 1/2 carat ring and meant so much to me. I thank Ashley for her honesty and professionalism. She had the ring shipped back to my home within days. Thanks Ashley and Eboni for turning my anxiety to happiness!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jay K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Alexandria B:

I am so glad to hear that you were able to get your ring back! I do recall it coming across my desk. I can understand how that would be extremely scary misplacing a valuable such as Diamond Ring. Kudos to Ashley! Thankfully, she was able to recover and get that back to you.
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

without any doubt it was a very comfortable stay with Hayatt Place at Riverside. friendly staff and always ready to help you in al aspects. would like to thank Mercedez, Justin and Bijon for their hospatality and kindness towards their customers. ya the breakfast was wonderful but i would request to increase the time of it if possible. the bed and pillows were excelent

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hello syyed33:

Thank you very much for the kind words and nice accolades regarding your encounters with Merceides, Justin as well as BIjon! I have already shared your generous review with them and they are very thankful for the acknowledgement. We hope to see you again very soon in your travels to California.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Overall this was a comfortable stay. The beds/pillows were comfortable and room air/temp was good. Slept well. (Which is why I gave it 4 stars because it fulfilled basic needs very well). The room was spacious. Now for the not so good.

We were greeted in the lobby by a very talkative (at 1 am) desk clerk, who bothered to show us the pool, fitness room, etc. We were clearly blurry-eyed and in need of rest. So while this would have been a nice welcome at 1pm, at 1 am not so much. We were given water gratis upon request.

The lobby furniture was worn, stained and shabby. Luckily, the room furniture was a bit better. The room was basically clean. But for $180/night in Riverside WAY overpriced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Truthbetold2U:

Thank you for taking the time to post your most recent experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us and we greatly appreciate the time taken to express it.
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had about 8 rooms that were staying at the Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown during Memorial Day Weekend. We had a wedding at the convention center so it was important for us to get an early check-in for at least a few of those rooms. We had been communicating with Jay Koury (the GM) and he explained that the hotel was sold out, but would try his very best to get some of the rooms cleaned and available for an early check-in.

After the wedding, I contacted the front desk and was greeted by Ebony. Ebony explained that she would be able to get most of the rooms checked-in and had preassigned our rooms close to each other. This was very important for us because we had a short window to get ready prior to the reception. When I checked-in, Ebony was extremely professional, courteous, and patient; she quickly got us checked-in and we even got a chance to take a short, well-needed nap. As we were heading to the room, we met the Manager on duty - Silvia. Silvia was equally sweet and polite and was telling us more about the hotel and the area. In fact, all of the Team Members that we encountered at this hotel were top-notch!

The hotel is directly across the street from the Riverside Convention Center and the rooms are spacious, well-kept and decorated wonderfully. I would certainly recommend and stay again at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mr Aquachef79:

it was truly a pleasure hosting your group! Thank you very much for the great accolades towards Eboni as well as Silvia. I have already taken the liberty of sharing with the team. We appreciate the awesome Shoutout and will look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Irmo, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I am a southern girl born and raised. I had been warned before my trip to California to not expect everyone to "speak to me" because people in California don't do that. I was really worried. The minute I stepped into the Hyatt Riverside/Downtown all of those fears went away. Bijon, who works at the front desk, is absolutely wonderful. She was so friendly and efficient. I can't think of enough good things to say about her. The house keeping staff was very helpful as well. The continental breakfast is above standard, and the 24/7 grill is excellent. On my next trip to California I will definitely be staying at the Hyatt Riverside/Downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Konica M:

Thank you for your very thoughtful remarks and kudos to Bijon! She is truly a joy to work with. I am very thankful that we were not what you were expecting although I am not surprised:). We will look forward to your next visit to California and continue to hopefully break this misconception.
Cambria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is fairly new and presents an affordable option....the famed Mission Inn is a few blocks away but is more expensive and usually booked due to weddings and events. The Hyatt is right on a Main Street with easy parking and security. Rooms are standard but very clean and nicely appointed. Good breakfasts with many offerings. We tried the pool but on two different stays it was too windy and cold. Overall, this is much better that most hotels in Riverside....stay away from any hotel on University Avenue! Try the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Up high less noise!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello Terril64:

Many thanks for the kind words and nice accolades regarding our hotel. We look forward to next time you are visiting the Inland Empire!

All the best,

Been to Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown? Share your experiences!