“Extraordinary staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in Riverside
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Extraordinary staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had 6 rooms for business--difficult reservation with people arriving and leaving on different dates--from the moment we talked with Donna and Denise--all of our concerns were erased--she took charge of making everything go smoothly---the check-in was so welcoming-Mercedes was so pleasant-the rooms were perfect--very clean and comfortable--the hotel was across from the Mission Inn- several little restaurants--but the magic of this hotel is the staff--everyone spoke to us--asked if they could be of service--my husband dropped a fork while bringing breakfast up to the room-a passing staff member ran to get him another one--I commented on just why everyone was so happy and agreeable and was told that it was because they all loved their jobs--it made our experience a very enjoyable one--will never stay any where else--

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dianne F, General Manager at Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Kathy Holden P!

Our secret is out! It's true, we love what we do! When you love what you're doing it doesn't feel like work! We are very lucky to have a team of people here that are truly passionate about the service we provide and it is a top priority for us to ensure that each guest is happy and leaves our hotel with a smile! I am so happy that you have joined our hotel family and will stay with us any time you are in the area.

Thank you so much for everything and we look forward to your next arrival!

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is my second stay for a swim meet and I was again exceedingly impressed by the service! The facility itself is very comfortable too and the rooms are extra roomy with the spacious lounging/seating area. It is conveniently located. The standout thing beyond all of that is how lovely and accommodating the staff is. I HIGHLY recommend staying here for any Riverside event.
P.S. I never write reviews, but this hotel really deserved it!

Greetings Robin G!

Thank you for the wonderful compliment about our spacious guest rooms! We like to call them oversized guest rooms because they offer so much space! The decorative divider wall makes the room feel more spacious and gives you separate spaces to relax in. And thank you for your HUGE compliment about our staff. It is the people in a place that make the difference and I am so thankful that you appreciate them.

Thank you so much for everything and we look forward to your next swim meet!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I didn't realize that this was a Hyatt "Place" as opposed to Hyatt... I was expecting a full service hotel, but none the less I was OVERLY impressed with the customer service here! From the valet, front desk and management... I really enjoyed everyone I came across!
Breakfast was awesome and so was the food from the restaurant!

• Stayed June 2013
Hi there Rugonnawearthathat!

Thank you so much for taking the time out to post a response regarding your stay with us! Hyatt Place is a new style of hotel developed about 8 years ago designed to offer a very close-knit experience for our guests! I am very happy you had the chance to experience our full breakfast in the morning! We are the only hotel in downtown to offer this included in every guest's stay! And finally we believe that guest service has to be a full-circle experience from beginning to end and I am very happy you experienced amazing guest service from every person you encountered!

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 951-321-3501.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I were in Riverside for a friend's daughter's college function, and stayed the weekend at Hyatt Place. We weren't in the hotel a great deal, but still felt we got our money's worth. Three things stood out, 2 for me and 1 for my hubby. 1) the rooms are like a mini-apartment, very comfortable, with a sofa for relaxing. All too many hotels have the bed also serving as a couch. 2) the breakfast was fantastic. Because I don't eat breakfast often, when I travel it is kind of my favorite meal, and Hyatt Place has the real deal as opposed to a pastry and coffee. 3) this is my husbands perspective--while we were leaving the parking lot on Saturday, an employee (janitor, maybe) was cleaning the parking lot, which was nothing special, but the gentleman was on one knee with a knife scraping something off the asphalt (gum, maybe?). If they pay such attention to little things like this, it speaks well of their attention to big things. We're not in the area much, but when we are our hotel will be an easy choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings Leonora!

We are pleased that you chose the Hyatt Place Riverside for your destination while visiting Riverside and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, the rooms are quite spacious and many see them as "Junior Suites"! We also take great pride in our breakfast, and we know, that as the 'most important meal of the day', having a fresh, well-rounded breakfast is a great way to start off the morning. Lastly, it warms my heart to know that our team is thoroughly dedicated to making our property the best of the best by paying attention to details and I am very pleased that you recognize this as our commitment to excellence!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were in Riverside to pick our son up and take him home for summer after completing his Freshman year at UC Riverside. Staff was exceptionally warm and welcoming. They really cared about the guest experience, and were very gracious and accommodating. Room was clean and modern. The chaise lounge sofa was a bonus added feature that we really enjoyed.

Dear SanJoseAppraiser,

Great job to you and your son! What an accomplishment and a relief it is to have made it through freshman year of college. We are pleased that you chose to stay at our hotel and I encourage you, if you have not done so already, to sign up for our Hyatt Gold Passport program. By signing up, each time you visit your son at UCR and book a room through our website or with a Hyatt Guest Service Representative over the phone, you will earn points, which can be used to book free night stays, get room upgrades, amenities, and more!
These points can also be earned by staying at other Hyatt properties worldwide. If you have any questions regarding the program or would like us to book your next stay, please don't hesitate to call the hotel directly!
We look forward to seeing your family again soon! Enjoy the summer!
Saratoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were down in Riverside for our son's graduation and booked a total of three rooms. We felt very welcome as soon as we walked through the door. The check-in was very efficient even though Leila (?) kept apologizing for the delay. She offered us a free drink and half off parking. The room was beautiful, modern and clean. The closet was tiny but it was sufficient for us. Our room faced Market street and the cars were noisy, do ask for a room not facing the street. The breakfast was wonderful, eggs, sausage, waffle, oatmeals, fruits, bagels, etc. The surrounding area was nice, definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
Hello Lingyeepo!

Congratulations to your son! I am glad that we were able to be a part in this momentous occasion and look forward to hosting you during any future visits to Riverside. Our goal is to make every aspect of your stay seamless, and I'm pleased to hear that you were well taken care of upon your arrival to the hotel! For your next visit, we would be more than happy to book you into a room that faces the inner courtyard for your comfort; just give us a call to put in your request! Also, we can provide you and your family with specially-crafted sleep kits--designed to promote restful and uninterrupted sleep--for your next stay!

We are dedicated to meeting all of your travel needs, so please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you need additional items or services during your stay and we will do our best to accommodate you! My direct line is 951-321-3501.

And again, congratulations to you and your son; what an achievement!
Riverside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

From the moment that we arrived, we felt welcome. We had our family stay there for our wedding and could not have asked for better customer service or a more friendly staff - Eboni and Courtney really made everyone feel comfortable and welcome. We had a total of 6 rooms and everyone is still talking about the wonderful time they had there, how they enjoyed the hospitality of the all the staff and the great breakfast that was offered every morning. In addition to the made to order items, they also offered gluten free items which came in handy for two of my family members. The hotel was very clean and the staff ready to provide anything you needed. The Mission Inn is within walking distance along with several choices for dining so we had options for our large group of 15+ people without the worry of transportation. Parking was limited but we never had an issue finding a spot. Overall my family left happy and all said they would stay there again on future trips.Thanks Hyatt for helping make my week great!

Room Tip: We found the queen rooms to be a little more room then the king but both were extremely comfortable...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dianne F, General Manager at Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear 1Gl0balTraveler!

First and foremost...Congratulations! We understand that when it comes to planning a wedding there are a lot of details to account for and I am so pleased that we were able to make your hotel stay for you and your guests worry-free! I am happy that you found the layout of our guest rooms comfortable and spacious during your stay! That especially comes in handy when traveling with families! Thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

And again, congratulations!

Been to Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown? Share your experiences!