“This place has changed.” 3 of 5 stars

Dynasty Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3735 Iowa Ave, Riverside, CA 92507   |
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Victorville, CA
“This place has changed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here before when were in the area for a function last year. It was nice then and that is why I decided to book with them again. Something happened in the space of a year and this hotel is starting to show signs of wear and a lack of upkeep. First of all we arrived after 3:30 pm and our room was not ready even though check in time is 3. We had to pile up our luggage outside the room and wait for the maid. It was warm outside. We tried turning on the air conditioner and it did not work. When we asked to have it look at they seemed put out that we asked them. The maids finally got it working. I knew we were in trouble when I looked and one of the beds had a dead fly on it. Next issue was the refrigerator. It was warm and we couldn't get that to work either, found out it had been unplugged and the cord was jammed behind the dresser. When we plugged the thing in it was easy to determine why it had been unplugged. It made a lot of noise. From there it was just a bunch of little things that were annoyances, like the fact that there are no lamps in the room. They switched to overhead lighting and it has one setting, blaring! There is no middle ground here. The sink had a dirty scum ring around it of which I have pictures. The bathtub has a permanent non skid surface in it and it was dirt as well. I swear this on my life, when I got up in the morning there was a cockroach running across the floor, it disappeared under the dresser. Now I was disturbed and had to go through every piece of luggage, clothing, shoes, etc. to make sure we were not bringing any little hitchhikers home. Needless to say this place has to clean up its act before I would ever even consider staying here again. Also don't go here expecting to swim the pool is drained and full of garbage. The positive things I can say is the room was pretty newly painted and they had nice wood flooring.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Just needed a place for one night to avoid a long drive home between a 2-day event. We didn't want to spend a ton of money, so we booked a one night stay here through Orbitz. We ended up driving back home instead.

We booked a room with two queen beds, instead we were given a room with one king bed and a small pull out sofa. Unacceptable. The woman at the front desk told us that they were at capacity and didn't have any other rooms, but confirmed that the reservation they received form Orbitz was indeed for two queen beds. We have a family of four and will not settle for less than what we booked and were paying for. She then said we could get a refund for the price difference between the two different rooms... the difference was $5. Gee thanks. We were told the manager was not available and she wouldn't be there until later. Once we asked to cancel the room, another lady (manager?) came out to help us. They told us to call Orbitz back for a refund which we did on the way home. Orbitz immediately contacted them to try to figure it out, but it was too late, we were already on our way back home. Orbitz did everything to try to avoid refunding the money we had already paid up front... if they don't want to issue refunds, then they should make sure customers get what they paid for the first time. I'm not sure exactly who's fault it was, Orbitz or Dynasty Suites, and I don't really care, I will not book with either of them again.

Not only was the service not acceptable, the room they tried to give us was in bad shape and not a place I would stay, even when trying to save a few dollars. Don't be fooled by the pictures from them taken ages ago, I've included a couple of more current photos from our experience. The pool is disgusting (I don't care if it is the cold season, this is CA, there is no reason for your pool to look like that). The carpet was dirty and stained, the furniture was old, the sink had moldy dirty cracks, the shower floor looked like dirty feet had recently been in it with no cover on the faucet knob, and the old and loud ice machine looked like some sort of moonshine contraption.

There are not a ton of great options in the area, but find another place and spend a little more if you have to because this place is not worth the few extra pennies you might save. I don't expect perfection at these prices, but I do expect to get what I booked and to get a clean well maintained room. I got neither here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

after going in the office, and finding the clerk behind bulletproof glass, I almost regretted the reviews I had read. then when the desk chair had tears, I swallowed hard, and figured for $64 what do I expect. But what I got was a lot more, too many channels on a new flat screen, very comfy bed, lighting that surpasses anything else I ever stayed in, and little touches like free water in fridge, and free toiletires, including comb, toothpaste and brush, mouthwash. room was immaculate, very quiet, and best $ 64 I ever spent for a $100 room. You will be a fool if you pass this one up!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was looking for budget priced lodging near my friends at UC Riverside and I saw this on the internet. At first I was skeptical and I didn't want to book on-line without seeing the hotel first. When I arrived at the hotel on a Saturday afternoon, the Front Desk Clerk was borderline rude. I asked to see a room before I made a decision and was told that was impossible after 3 PM. Well, I decided to take a chance because with the AAA discount it was $64/night. What a GREAT find! The was well appointed and extremely clean! There was a nice sitting area with a pull out couch, a large desk, Mini Fridge that works well, clean bathroom and very comfortable bed. I enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and the do-it-yourself waffles were very good. The internet connection worked perfectly. All in all this was a great find and a tremendous bargain. I would definitely recommend in the future. The only drawback was the rather unpleasant receptionist. It was also convenient to have the pizza parlor next door. Had a delicious take out dinner in my room.

Room Tip: She told me it wasn't very crowded that night so it was very quiet. I was in 107 by the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

As a solo female traveler, I felt very safe at this small, affordable motel. My king deluxe suite was spacious and clean, the shower was luxurious with bi-level spray, the TV provided many channels, the in-room free Wifi was very welcome, and I made good use of the mini fridge with free bottled water and the in-room coffee maker. The bedding was also very deluxe, soft and clean. The complimentary breakfast served in the small lobby included cold cereal, oatmeal, bagels with cream cheese, waffles, sweet rolls, coffee, orange juice and apple juice. The young man who staffed the front desk was unfailingly welcoming and helpful. And just across the street was a shopping area with several food options and a movie theater. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Kolkata, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a property in between a motel (your car is parked just outside your room) and a hotel (fancy room, breakfast included). For two nights I was in one of their high-end rooms with fridge, microwave, a large screen TV, wireless, and a Jacuzzi to boot. Alas, the Jacuzzi did not work well. The room is well furnished (comfortable couch, desks, plenty of towels, etc). Continental breakfast has rather limited range with no variation from day-to-day. There was a waffle-maker which for a one-day stay could be an attraction. Apples were the only fruit option. The weaknesses of the place were, however, largely made up by the helpfulness and courtesy of the staff. It is within walking distance of UC, Riverside and there are plenty of eateries close by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Two story motel adjacent to University village and down the street from UCR. Nearby restaurants, convenient stores and a Starbucks. Paid less than $100 so was a great value. Room was average size. Had refrigerator, microwave, TV. Free wifi, continental breakfast. Even provided comb, toothbrush. Room had a few maintenance issues but nothing serious. Room was spotless. For those needing to visit UCR this is a very good choice.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Dynasty Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!