“Wow, I still think about the meal.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Coronado, California
“Wow, I still think about the meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was my first time to this place. The four of us ordered different dishes to share and they were all good. Even the vegetarian in the group separated the beef/chicken/fish from the dishes to enjoy the noodles and vegetables. Great service, good food, and happy customers all around us. I am looking forward to my next visit there.

• Visited February 2014

Riverside, California
“VERY GOOD TAI FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Bann Tai is located in an old home converted to a restaurant. The menu is very large and has a variety of special dishes and combinations. The food is excellent and the service is very good. Very tasty and not over filling.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Riverside, California
“Pineapple fried rice (with Shimps)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a family owner restaurant, they are very kind with customers, but the best is when you get your order: the food is so yummi. I love it!

• Visited July 2013
Riverside, Ca
“Automatic tip, really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We've been eating at Bann Thai for the past few years and have liked it but their new policy of automatically including a tip for everything is crazy! I know many places who do this for large parties but for two people? Really? Seriously? Why should a server provide good service when all diners are forced to leave a tip anyway?? Looks like it's back to Table For Two or Gra Pow for a change of pace and to avoid the extra fee. It's not like people wouldn't leave a tip anyway for good service so why the need to make everyone leave a tip? Seems kind of obnoxious and tacky.

Visited July 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Try this Thai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was in Riverside for a funeral, and wanted to eat something other than the fast food offerings my relatives kept putting in front of me. I was yearning for some Thai or Vietnamese food, and I found Bann Thai with my Tripadvisor app. The online menu looked appealing so we gave it a try.

It was great! My wife and I stopped in for lunch and took advantage of their lunch specials. My wife had the pad thai (one of the better ones I've tasted anywhere), and I had garlic pepper pork, to which they added an abundance of chili at my request.

Our $6.95 lunch specials came with a delicious salad, a potsticker, and a battered potato wedge. Our egg roll appetizer was light, crisp, and tasted house-made.

The restaurant is in a converted old house, and has a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.

There is an automatic 15% gratuity on the check for 1-6 people, and 18% for 7 or more. Other reviewers were bothered by this, but we had excellent service, and didn't mind at all.

If I lived in Riverside, I would put Bann Thai into my regular restaurant rotation. I'll definitely return when in town.

• Visited May 2013