“Extremely dissatisfied stay at the hampton inn riverside” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Redlands, United States
“Extremely dissatisfied stay at the hampton inn riverside”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The service from the staff was good, the rooms were well equipped, the hotel in general offered everything you would expect. My objections are in the cleanliness of the hotel over all. I noticed trash on the ground just before the entrance of the hotel. The lobby was a mess particularly the floor. I observed cleaning equipment sitting around in open view that was obviously not being used nor had been used for some time. When I finally reached the room it was even worse. The walls had dirt and scuff marks throughout, one of the lamps did not work, and the worst was the seat at the bottom of the bed that had stains all over it. I won't go into how those stains got there but you and I both know. My final complaint is the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work. Over all I would rate my stay extremely dissatisfied and I will make a point of staying anywhere else but a Hampton inn as well as discouraging others from staying at one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jerry G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hello Joseph M,

I appreciate you taking time to share your experience with your recent stay and do apologize for the challenges that occurred during your stay. I have shared your experience with our housekeeping team and maintenance department as we are always striving to improve. I did send you an email and look forward to your response.

Jerry Guzman
Hampton Inn & Suites-Riverside/Corona East

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The customer service at this hotel is TERRIBLE! If you are thinking of staying here, I highly discourage it! I just had the WORST experience from my Memorial Day stay. Discovered on my own after looking at my credit card statement that my credit card was charged twice for my entire stay. Called hotel. They said they realized their mistake after it happened (apparently they used my card on another guest's reservation - that's comforting) and supposedly refunded my card right after it happened. It would have been nice to get a courtesy phone call to let me know what happened rather than discovering it on my own after my credit card declined when I was checking out at a store a week later and was inconvenienced & humiliated because I had no available credit. When the refund didn't show, I called the hotel and spoke to a front desk rep. She said she would have the Mgr call me back. Never got a call. I called again the next day. Spoke to another rep. Again they promised me a return phone call the next day. Still no call. I have since called TWO MORE TIMES and still can't seem to get the GM or the Assistant GM to call me back. It has now been 1.5 weeks. I even talked to the same front desk agents from the first couple of phone calls and they said they didn't know what to do anymore, as they gave the info to the GM, left sticky notes all over the desk explaining the urgency and the GM is just ignoring the situation. I STILL don't have my refund. Unbelievable!! So tonight I called the corporate office for Hampton Inn. And I am disputing the charge with my credit card company. Hopefully they can help me. I have never experienced such horrendous customer service in my entire life. I realize mistakes will happen from time to time, but there was no need for this to escalate to the point it has. If someone would have just called me back to resolve the situation, this whole thing would have been a non-issue. The GM at this property needs to be terminated. It's pretty disturbing when their own staff is telling guests how terrible their boss is. Should be a red flag for senior management. BTW, if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem, here's the # to the corporate office: 1-800-HAMPTON. Good luck!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very pleased with the Hampton Inn, staff and amenities were wonderful. The air conditioning was a champ! While I did not use the pool or fitness center I did check them out and was impressed with the cleanliness and fresh smells. The breakfast included quite a variety of goodies, the eggs were warm and the yogurt cold. Very pleased.

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at this property for 6 nights. Our room was always cleaned very well. The entire hotel looked great. Breakfast was also excellent. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help us with directions and recommendations. I will be staying here the next time I am in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This particular Hampton Inn was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful and more than polite! My room was very nice and the internet was very fast!! The breakfast was delicious. I would recommend staying here to anyone in need of a stay in California!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Due to unexpected complication with a cross country move, my wife and I wound up staying here 5 months with our cat. I can't imagine it working out better anywhere else. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. We got quite a few packages delivered and they had to clean the room on our schedule to accommodate the cat. The room was clean and very, very quiet, but we were the furthest room from the elevators. We got a suite with a fridge and microwave. The hotel is in a office park are with several business and a few restaurants without much else within a short walk. Many dining options within a short This was fine for an extended stay, but the sparsity of nearby dining might be an issue for some. The Internet is free, but slow. The free breakfast buffet is just okay, but the price is right.

If I needed an extended stay again near riverside or corona, they would be the top of the list.

Room Tip: Room 401 is large and very quiet.