“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
Frankenmuth, Michigan
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a top shelf Hampton Inn. I love the rooms and the decor of the hotel is modern and up to date. Beds are great, bed linens are crisp and fresh, Towels are soft. The room I stayed in was a one room suite with a sofa and descent size commons area. There was a little refridgerator and a descent sized bar / serving top just inside the door. I look forward to staying here. there are restaurants within walking distance. Speaking of walking, there is a nice walk besides a river just accross the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Auburn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have stayed here many times in the last 2 years, as our daughter attends college at nearby California Baptist University. We have always been very satisfied. The rooms are clean, beds fresh and comfy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Garland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was very happy with the size of the Queen Studio Suite, but I needed a good internet connection to conduct business, and I was very disappointed. The download speed clocked in under 2 MB/sec and the upload speed came in under 0.5 MB/sec. To give you benchmark, youtube videos wouldn't even load. The average internet user is accustomed to at least 5 MB/sec download, so the hotel wasn't even pushing 1/3 the speed of a recreational internet user. If you need internet for business, this is not the right hotel for you. If you want a nice clean room for a good rate, then you found the right spot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

MORENO VALLEY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Checking in was a pain, not very friendly, and no solution to having no room available for me as late as 3:15, 15 minutes after official check in time. I had to get manager involved, and he DID solve the problem. I decided on a suite so I could have a microwave and refrigerator, no other rooms in this Hampton Inn have micro/refrigerator?? Unfortunately, even the refrigerator in the suite is tiny, the smallest Mini Fridge I've ever seen in a hotel room. Not what I expect from a Hampton Inn. Otherwise room is large and spacious, but again, very small flat screen TV. Just not up to normal Hampton Inn standards.

WIFI went out the first morning I was there and technical support couldn't help, they had to send it to the 'next' level. It was working within an hour, but it is embarrassingly slow. Be aware, you won't be able to do streaming video with this wifi. Again, not what I expect from a Hampton Inn. Hotel TVs do not have local stations to watch Angels, Dodgers, Clippers or Lakers. Weird!! Noisy neighbor, dog and screaming child. Walls not insulated up to standards I expect here.

Do Not Disturb on my door, but it was serviced anyway. When I called front desk, she didn't seem too concerned, wasn't much she could do. She will put a note in saying don't service this room. Now I'll never get service.

I wish housekeepers wouldn't holler down the hall at each other. Not all of us have checked out, or are even awake yet!!

Exercise room does not have weight machine.

I think its time to find a new hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Near highway and University. Centrally located. Only 30 mins away from Ontario Airport. Very clean and the staff was very helpful. However, my room was next to the laundry room and there were a couple of nights that the people working in there talked so loud that I would wake up in the middle of the night. Also, internet access was extremely slow, wifi or wired, which made working at night a challenge. If you are visiting for leisure, it is an excellent hotel. However, if you are on business, they should have their internet work a bit better and DO NOT let them put you in the room next to the laundry room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

riverside, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the overall appearance of the Hotel. It was exceptionally clean. For me this is a #1 priority. The bathroom looked new- not one piece of grim! The bed was very comfortable.The room was modern. My only pet peeve was the placement of the t.v. It is awkwardly placed further into the corner that I would have liked. Other than that, I'd say this is definitely one of the better hotels I've stayed in awhile. I would definitely recommend staying here. It's worth the price. One other thing, It is a little bit difficult to find at first because it is tucked into a shopping center/ business park- very quiet though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Santee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was attending a two day California Soccer Certification Class at Cal Baptist University and needed to find a p-lace to stay the night. I drove around the area and ran across this Hampton Inn. Tired and just wanting to stay the night and leave back to class early, I needed something quick and cheap. WOW! Was I impressed with what I stumbled on!
I explained the situation to the front desk who without hesitation took care of me. Discounted rate from Cal Baptist quests, quick, friendly greeting and even included breakfast. Fresh Coffee bar was offered right behind me and 10 minutes after arriving without a reservation...I was in my Room with a hot cup of fresh coffee!
The room was spotless and extremely clean comfortable sheets and linen! 100% top notch at a GREAT PRICE!

Room Tip: My room was spotless and extremely clean! I did not ask for anything fancy...just a cheap room to...