“Wonderful Anniversary Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Riverside
california
“Wonderful Anniversary Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I got married here ten years ago so we decided to relive the magic for our anniversary. Needless to say the moment we walked onto the grounds we were once again in total awe of the beauty of the hotel. The staff were all incredibly kind & our room was gorgeous! Now I'm going to a bit nit picky here...the mattress was really uncomfortable BUT I do have a tendency to be a snob when it comes to this. We had dinner at the steakhouse which was good. We also really enjoyed the pool. More than anything make sure you walk around the grounds as there is a lot of history to the place & so much to see!

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Templeton, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Mission Inn is a fascinating historical and architectural Hotel. Wander the hallways and different levels to get the full ambiance. Because many areas of the hotel are unique, many of the rooms are not the same. I have stayed there approximately 20 times and often get a surprising new room lay out. The Presidential Bar commemorates the ten U.S. Presidents who have been to the Inn. They often have week-end jazz. They also have a nice wine bar with a great selection of wines, with opened wines being preserved and dispensed in a state-of the-art manner. Three restaurants are available with a great steak house if one is in the mood for excellent, if not pricey, steaks. (Yes, I do eat something besides fish and seafood.) They also have an outdoor Mexican restaurant with large margaritas and tableside-prepared guacamole, which is delicious. I have also eaten at their courtyard Mission Inn Restaurant which offers a buffet (which I seldom try) but with a nice selection of food with a great view of the internal courtyard of the hotel. There are also other good restaurant within a short walking distance. Staff are always helpful, pleasant, and professional. Parking is a ways away so whether self-parking or valet-parking, factor that into your schedule. Depending on availability, I am often able to get a business rate when I am there for work.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms situated near the two main streets to avoid sirens at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Crosslake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Five English teachers from central Minnesota traveled to Riverside to attend a five day conference at U.C.R.. We booked rooms here, and, what a treat. Our only regret was that we were gone every day for eight hours. The service was supreme. Everyone from the valet staff, restaurant staff, front desk, to the fitness room staff, was friendly and accommodating. At the end of each day, we enjoyed pool time and a great meal. The atmosphere at the Mission Inn is very relaxing and there are all kinds of quiet spots to think, read, or sip coffee in the mornings. This was the best choice we could have made!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I found this hotel while reviewing my book on Historic Hotels of America. I was attending a wedding and made a special trip to stat at this incredible inn. I was amazed that when I spoke to people all over California so few actually new about this landmark.

If you want a destination that has it all this is the place no doubt! I did have some minor issues with my room so make sure you know what type of room you are getting. I preferred the older rooms with more character. I you want a room that will truly wow you go for a mission room. I would like to thank the front desk staff including Ashley, Ingrid and Brayton. They helped me stay in some terrific rooms

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
San Marcos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The trip started off well with an upgrade to our room. Overlooking the pool, it was wonderful. The architecture was beautiful, the flowers, the history of the hotel was impressive. Room service was delicious but pricey. I chose this hotel for the ambience and romantic atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Unexpected beauty in Riverside. Really no need to leave the property. We didn't other than to venture out for an amazing latte down the street. Didn't get a chance, but the spa looks beautiful too. Pool needs new cushions otherwise it was historic and wonderful. By the way... Best Sundsy buffet I've had yet !

• Stayed June 2014
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My daughter and I wanted a spa mini vacation and this turned out to be the place we were hoping for. The hotel itself is very unique in that it has so much history. The decor makes you feel like you have stepped back in time. It is beautiful but the hallway and stairs carpeting need to be replaced. I loved the antique pieces. Our room was on the 2nd floor. It look like it could of been an office at one time but was converted to a guest room. It was long with nice comfortable queen beds, very spacious. The bathroom was small but had nice tile and was clean. It overlooked patio dining but was still a quiet area. Exploring the hotel was fun and interesting. The pool was a nice area with a spa. We ate at the Mission Inn restaurant for breakfast and the food was great and priced right for a hotel. We also eat at Las Campanas and enjoyed our dinner there. The spa package was a good deal and we both enjoyed our massages. We will definitely will stay here again and recommended it for a 1 or 2 day get away.

Room Tip: The upper floors seemed nicer.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!