We just returned from a 5 day trip to CA during which we spent Friday and Saturday night at this hotel. We were visiting my daughter who works in the area and was running a race in Redlands over the weekend. We loved the character of the Mission Inn. The bed was sooooooo comfortable and cozy - once I got to sleep. Like a previous reviewer, we had a room on the corner (an expensive suite) above the entrance. It was NOISY both Friday and Saturday nights. Fortunately, there's Melatonin. It helped. BUT, if you like quiet, be very careful about your room. I can't remember our room number for certain, but I think it was 248 or 258. The suite, otherwise, was very nice and roomy.
We visited the pool both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday we experienced excellent pool service. I had one of the best cocktails I've had in years at the pool on Saturday - a Grape Mojito (this was supposedly the Mojito of the month). However, on Sunday all bets were off. There was no service in the pool area on Sunday. You could order drinks or food using a telephone, but was not the same level of service or quality. I ordered a grape Mojito again, only to be served a standard Mojito without comment. When I tasted it and questioned this, I was told that they "ran out of the key ingredient" the day before. Really? They ran out of grapes in California?!?
On to the spa. . . .
I had a massage at Kelly's spa on Saturday and I have to say it was a perfect massages - one of the best I've had. Davie - you are amazing!!! It was the highlight of my stay. The spa staff are courteous and professional.
Despite the less-than-perfect moments (pool service on Sunday and NOISE), I would stay at this hotel again. The positives outweigh the negatives. I will be sure to ask for a quiet room next time. If possible, I will try to stay during the week when things are more relaxed (no weddings or large groups) and I can wander about and appreciate the history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside