“great wedding venue” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 hotels in Riverside
Long Beach, CA
“great wedding venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Came here with my bf for his brother's wedding. Lovely wedding, lovely venue...only 2 glitches, they gave us the bridal room and we had to scramble to clear the room for the bride and groom and the filet at the reception was way under cooked (and I always medium rare). Otherwise, beautiful. Recommend.

Room Tip: Great Sunday brunch
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

558 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
California, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mission Inn during December 2012. While I can say the staff was very nice during our stay, I was disappointed with the way guests are not given some sort of preferred treatment over walk-in guests for dinner reservations. We stayed for 3 days and were celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary. I asked the concierge at the time of booking for assistance in reservations at Duane's Steakhouse. She was unable to secure a reservation, but gave us reservations for the Mission Inn Restaurant and not at the time I asked. It was for 9 p.m. Mind you, that was three weeks in advance to our stay.

I was troubled to learn the day of our reservation, while standing the the hostess desk, people with no reservations - just stopping by - were told the same thing I was. 9 pm.was the first available time to be seated.I was decidedly angry by that revelation and the Mission Inn never acknowledged our anniversary in any way.

And I don't believe hotel guests should pay more per day for parking than short term visitors. And internet access in this day and age should be complimentary.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

For being so expensive for the area the service here is quite poor. The building and rooms are dated, bell desk unresponsive and not very comfortable beds. The only saving grace is the fast Internet. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my second visit here and everytime I visit, I find it very difficult to leave. I keep adding a day and then one more. I have just extended my stay til Friday and i must be home at least to give my husband one day of face time or he might divorce me.
To make a long story short...this is THE place where you pull your car into the valet driveway, the bellman comes with his rack and quickly loads it up, gets your room number and you just turn your brain switch off. VACATION MODE IS AUTO SET. Hardest decision from here is what to do first - Eat,, have some refreshment. Lounge somewhere in the hotel...or do absolutely nothing or hit the whirlpool spa or go for a swim. From here on til you leave the world is yours. . You never have to get in your car till its checkout time.
They don't have MacDonald's but they have many diverse dining options from reasonable to prime. My advice is to not miss any of them. The MISSION INN makes sure that every dining option excels. Today I'm thinking i am going t,o try Las Campanas. My room and patio area are directly above it & it smells wonderful. For some reason its the only option I haven't enjoyed at least once. A don't miss is the lounge area titled 54. They have a nice little cheese fruit and flatbed snack at happy hour + small plates and appetizers. Bonus...would rather eat in DUANES PRIME but if your attire is not' bus casual you can catch some of the delicious food from DUANES.
The INN has so much history it is an adventure just to walk up and down stairs and snoop in every available nook and cranny.
This is truly a destination and a place to land for a day or two..or three etc. .
It is to me next to impossible to review because i don't have the time to hit every highlight & you don't have the time to spend reading them. Just come & enjoy it. It is not only a luxury hotel without an attitude, but it is very kiB friendly:.they will LOVE IT!!!
Sorry I had to rate it 4 for value...but it CAN be a little pricey. I h
Highly recommend getting on the mailing list & let them send you specials and keep you up with the goings on.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

my wife and her daughter and myself visited this hotel in Jan 2013 . The Xmas lights were fantastic . we visited the bar earlier in the day and the barman was very friendly and welcoming. he gave me a couple of drinks to sample and also gave my wife and daughter cocktails to sample. in return we taught him how to make a British shanty ie beer and lemonade. he made our day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I chose to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversay at the Mission Inn and we were very pleased. The staff was courteous, friendly and efficient. Our room was immaculate and up-to-date. The hotel retains its historical charm but with all the modern amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Big Bear Lake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the Mission Inn during their "Festival Of Lights" event over the Holidays, and it's a real treat. While you can visit the hotel and enjoy the light show for free, I think you'd get a better experience if you take advantage of their Festival of Lights hotel packages and stay one or two nights. We did the one-night package, where you get free valet parking (very nice!) and a $25 gift card. The room was excellent, and we had a great view of the lights outside. I love the Keurig coffee maker in the room, as well as the large flat-screen TV. You get night bathrobes and nice bath products. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had a wonderful night's sleep. We also had dinner in the Inn and very much enjoyed it. The hotel has some great antiques throughout, and the history is really fascinating. The hotel staff was also excellent. Definitely worth a visit!

Room Tip: Book your Festival of Lights package as soon as they come available, since they can sell out.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!