Because of its eclectic design and the artifacts the owner collected, this hotel is simply the coolest we’ve ever stayed in. We scored a great rate from Expedia which made our stay even more of a treat. Our deluxe king room in the Mission wing room was very clean and well-appointed with large casement windows, a great bed, a big screen TV etc. We faced the street with a view of the cathedral. More expensive rooms face the inner courtyards with prices rising with the floor numbers.
After sangrias and Calamari at the Mexican café we wandered around the hotel for over an hour checking out the spectacular views and antiques the hotel is justly famous for. We did exactly the same thing the next morning minus the food. We checked out the on-site restaurants, and then had dinner at the Mexican restaurant to keep within our budget. The food was tasty and the service and atmosphere pleasant. The giant margarita was a real treat and reasonably priced too.
Parking is a touch confusing (at least it was for us). If you are using self-parking @ 8$, drive around to the opposite side of the hotel, park your car, then trundle your luggage from the parkade to the street, turn left and follow around the hotel until you come to the first entrance.
At Christmas the hotel is fully booked and crowds of visitors come to see the lights. After New Year’s the place returns to normal and the decorations start to come down on Jan. 8th. The reviews with complaints seem to correspond with the Christmas season.
We really enjoyed staying at the Mission Inn, and we’ll definitely be back.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.