“Cheapest in town” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   535 South China Lake Blvd, Ridgecrest, CA 93555   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest
“Cheapest in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Don't expect much if you're watching your pocketbook, but they are pet friendly. Always someone at the desk. Some rooms better than others. Good resting stop if you search for a discount. Rooms closer to pool are nicer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The room I first looked at was a non smoking room of course the room smelled like cigarettes and pee. The top sheet had stains on them and we only had a pillow case on one pillow. I went to the front desk and asked them for another room. The next room had nats all over the bathroom and the toilet was not flushed. I had already purchased the room and when I tried to get my money back the front desk lady told me there was no reason to leave she will just put me in another room. I ended up leaving but the refund took over two weeks. Really disappointed if ur looking for a good hotel but cost a little more about 75 dollars a night quality inn right next door is the way to go its a beautiful place. I will never go to a motel 6 again.

• Stayed April 2013
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The names says almost everything, except the pool looked like a cloudy swamp with trash cans over flowing. Pick some where else

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We got town at 9 after a hot day on Death Valley just looking for a place to shower, do laundry and sleep. This fit the bill and the pocketbook. Staff was friendly and room was ok. And I gotta laundry done!

• Stayed June 2012
meridian
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was like staying in a bug infested dog-house. Checked in lady was nice, went to room, nats everywhere. Other nice front desk girl changed our room to another non-smoking room, just to find it was smoked out. I had an asthma attack, and there were nats in that room too. Changed straight to another room, smelled better but like pee. Went to use the sink and it ran out everywhere on the floor. They sent the new girl to fix it, but finally sent the repair guy...Yes, we have nats in this room too. They would not clean our room because we were staying a week, so we have had to clean our own room, or we could have payed extra. Bull*#%&!~That is not right!

I AM NOT THE CUSTOMER THESE PEOPLE WANT HERE BECAUSE I EXPECT GREATNESS EVEN IF I AM PAYING LESS. IF YOU WANT ME TO KNOW MY STAY IS GOING TO BE SUBSTANDARD--STATE IT! THEN I WILL NOT BOTHER TO STOP.

For a company that still leaves the lights on, you clearly cannot see what it right in front of you.....Things that need to change to keep customers coming back.

~Barb

Room Tip: Good luck...Go see the room first...Look for flying things
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bologna, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Motel 6 means to me and to millions of travellers no frills, clean and correctly priced accomodations.For these reasons and because it was properly located and it offered a swimming pool I opted for the Motel 6 in Ridgecrest, CA. Since a few days before I had had a negative experience at a motel of the same chain I asked to have a look at the room before checking in.
On the way to the room I was glad to see people having fun in the swimming pool and I already savoured some longed relax there, The room was the typical small basic motel 6 room. Because of my previous experience I decided to have a look at the bed sheets and what I discovered was not typical of this brand: they hadn't been changed after the previous guest's stay, long hair were anywere beside other kind of dirty I can't ( or maybe I don't want ) to mention. Back to the lobby I complained to the young girl on duty, adding that I really regretted it since both the location and the price would have been perfect. As I've already written in other reviews I can stand almost anything but dirty sheets. Moreover I'm not willing to give my money someone who doesn't have any rispect for the guests and who try to cheat them. Ask me a few dollars more and I'll be willing to pay them but don't fool me and act honestly towards who grants you a living. The young girl at the reception seemed really sorry and embarassed and she deeply exsused. On the way out I met a family and I warned them to have a look at the room before cheking in. They had done it and they too had decided not to stay there.

Room Tip: Before checking in ask if they have changed the bed sheets
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Ventura
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We found this hotel was a good value for the money in Spring 2012. Rooms were clean and of decent size, and it was a good place to spend a quick night while travelling with a Dog.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Ridgecrest? Share your experiences!