“Great place, great bargain” 4 of 5 stars

Carriage Inn of Ridgecrest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 North China Lake Boulevard, Ridgecrest, CA 93555   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest
Redlands, California
“Great place, great bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

One of the less expensive of the nicer hotels in Ridgecrest. We got a suite for three for under 90 bucks after tax and that included a wonderful free breakfast!

Desk help was professional and more than accommodating. They even took the time to help me research where I could purchase a piece of equipment that I needed to purchase at the spur of the moment. Wifi is strong, and if you need they have a computer and printer available in the lobby.

Pool and spa are nice with plenty of towels, seating shade and BBQ equipment. They have an exercise too.
I have stayed here for work and with my family and will return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. The rooms are large and comfortable, and have refrigerators and microwave ovens. The rooms are in bad need of updating but are well cared for. The one complaint is the shower - the hot water was variable, and kept coming and going -and not just by a little bit - it was wide variations and the temperature never stayed the same for more than a few seconds. Hot breakfast was included and was serviceable, if limited. French toast, eggs, bacon, toast and oatmeal. I would have liked to had cereal as an option. Cannot recommend the restaurant (Charleys)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Right outside China Lake Naval Weapons Test base with, an old box low-def TV featuring the Pentagon Channel and the Naval Channel along with HBO, Showtime etc and free wi-fi. Coffee machine, microwave and small fridge. Individual A/C units which of course have the compressor kicking on and off through the night. Your standard two story motel with parking, nice swimming pool area, fitness center. Clean and comfortable. I came with a group so I can’t give a value for money estimate. Nice large sports bar that was not too loud.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sacramento California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

First, the good; the staff is friendly. Then the bad; no hot water on a cold morning when I had to be on the road early. Then the ugly; the management knows about the problem, but instead of fixing it, they just blow off the complaints.

This hotel charges over $100/night for a very ordinary room in the middle of nowhere. When I mentioned the problem at the front desk as I was checking out, the manager's response was "gee, we're sorry. This doesn't happen very often." VERY OFTEN?!? Every day? Every week? Shouldn't you comp the customers or at least offer a token discount for the next stay?

There are other, newer hotels nearby. You can get nicer rooms at a better price there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Ridgecrest hotels

Los Angeles California, Chatsworth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I find ourselves in Ridgecrest once or twice a year for endurance horse events. The horse stays with the trailer but we like to have a warm shower and a real bed, so we rough it at a local hotel. We have stayed at this place a few times now and the rooms are if nothing else, quiet. This is not to say that the place is the Taj but it is relatively clean and the staff is pleasant. We have not had much of any experience with the restaurant as we tend to come in late and get out early. So far this is the place that we like best in Ridgecrest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Diamond Bar, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. The room was large and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. I stayed during winter,18° F at night, and room heater was efficient and relatively quiet. The receptionist was attentive and helpful.

However: (a) The included breakfast selection was mediocre; (b) Pancakes were "outdated" on two days I stayed (you know what I mean); (c) Shower water was hot but its pressure and volume just little above than that from a conventional water cooler. Tried to get nice hot shower after long cold day working outdoors - it was frustrating experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Lets start off by saying this will be the last time I stay at this place. I mean really why pay 109.00 plus tax for a crappy place like this. Everyone the Marriott has rooms for 99 dollars. Now I.stayed here frequently along with my other partners. And let me say 1) short old orange hair housekeeping lady went into my friends room at around 8am luckily he happen to be just on the toilet -_- mind you check out isn't till noon! Can you say creep. Next from my previous stay I was charged multiple charges in which I spoke with Jennifer a unpleasant person. Questioning me if I just didn't check out or if i ate in charlies and she couldn't figure out why I was charged so much. She didn't fix it because she knew nothing about what she was doing and kept asking "her" boss what to do. Some supervisor.. I'm definitely not worried about the money that you falsely charged me for however be expecting a lawsuit soon as my friend was burned in the shower cold water was scolding hot cough cough did you forget to mention that to guest. Last but not least on my last stay the pool wasn't open. Just an fyi if your staying at a hotel a real hotel owner you would expect what your website says but hey I won't stay here again. Carriage in is filthy,expensive, and very uncomfortable where is your security guard?

Gage and stevisha. You guys have made the stay more plesent you guys rock

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Carriage Inn of Ridgecrest? Share your experiences!