“Cold cold room in winter” 3 of 5 stars

You added Budget Inn & Suites Ridgecest to your Saves list
Budget Inn & Suites Ridgecest
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   831 N. China Lake Blvd., Ridgecrest, CA 93555   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest
“Cold cold room in winter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Heater barely worked, very cold room in winter. Receptionist nice but said the heater would get warmer later which it didn't. Used the hair drier to heat room in the end! Very thin blanket too so slept in clothes. Apart from that ok and wifi works.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
La Mesa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The room was functional and it did have a fridge, which I required for my stay. When I got there, they couldn't find my prepaid reservation. Turned out "someone" put it in the wrong place. I told them the other person in my party (second room) wouldn't be there and they would charge the one night and refund the other, but I received no receipt or other confirmation of that. When I got to the room, the fridge wasn't even plugged in let alone cold. And the temperature controller didn't have a knob. The AC unit wasn't on either and it was very stuffy in the room. I turned both on and they worked fine, but the cleaning staff turned the AC off then next day when they cleaned the room! The carpet seemed dirty and I didn't want to walk around barefoot. The wi-fi worked fine. The bathroom was fine, but small, cramped and had little counterspace. The bathroom door was not ADA compliant and the shower was super small. There were hairs in the shower and on the bathroom counter. All in I will, I will not stay there again. I will pay the extra $30 a night to stay a nicer, more reputable hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Ridgecrest hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Like another reviewer said, this place is a decent place to stay for one night. Although the place wasn't dirty, the room itself was very small and cramped. There was not much space to move in around. Then again, I only stayed on the first floor and not the second and I think there are larger rooms (for a steeper price). I was slightly disappointed but as this was a last minute decision, it was not bad.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We had to stay one night in Ridgecrest and choose the Budget Inn for our stay. The location of this motel is pretty good. Shopping centers and restaurants are in walking distance.
The rooms are tiny, but clean and okay equipped. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
escondido, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I go to Ridgecrest on a regular basis for business. If I'm staying alone and want a clean, nice place to stay at a good price, I go to the Budget. I have stayed at most of the hotels in Ridgecrest over the years, and this is the best value in town. Unlike the Motel 6, it's safe and nice. No pool or frills, but I don't care about that.

If I'm with family and want something fancier (for Ridgecrest) I stay at the Carriage or Marriott - but it's twice the money. I highly recommend the Budget if you want an economical, clean, safe place to stay. The people are friendly and helpful. The location is also good, and in a better part of town. Walking distance to shopping centers, drug store and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Owner831, Manager at Budget Inn & Suites Ridgecest, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
David W.,

We here at the Budget Inn & Suites Ridgecrest appreciate your comments. Please know that it is our desire that each and everyone of our guest have the best possible stay. It is with such comments that we are able to improve upon our service so that should you stay with us again, we can hopefully exceed your expectations. And also know that we are working on correcting whatever deficienies we may have.
I thank you for your time and effort.

Respectfully,

Adam - General Manager
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I had to come to Ridgecrest for some Court related issues. I booked a place at the Vagabond Inn via internet as I was coming in from Maryland. However, when I got there the Vagabond turned me away saying they were booked. I ended up searching all over town but most every place was booked solid. I found the Budget inn by chance as none of the other motels/hotels in town seemed to even have it on their call lists.

When I got to the Budget, I was met by the proprietor [a nice Indian lady]. She got me hooked up for $49/night. It was cheaper than the rest of the hotels in town including the Vagabond [$79/night].

It is a small strip-looking motel and I was worried what I would find when I got into the room. However, while the blue-green decor isn't my idea of swank, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the shower had both hot water AND pressure.

Some other reviewers mentioned wifi issues. I had this my first night as well. The budget seems to have 2 wifi connections and you have to periodically alternate between them for a connection. However, once the connection is established you get great streaming and it works fine.

Parking and turning around is a bit of an issue. There are plenty of spots, but larger cars parked at an angle have a hard time turning around to get out of the lot. However, it's manageable so I'm not deducting a star for that.

I'll have to come back into town at some point, and I think I'll skip the hastle of the rest of the places and just come back here. It's nothing fancy, but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

I had to travel last minute for business, and this was the only place available for my travel agent. When I got there, the room was tiny, the internet wasn't working yet, and overall the room wasn't very clean. I called the comfort inn down the road and made a reservation there. I went to the desk to cancel the rest of my trip (19 nights), and he refused saying he would only refund me half of the money which he made me pre-pay for the entire stay. He got very irate when I said that was unacceptable and that I was leaving and he would hear from the credit card company.

Stayed July 2007
GS831, Owner at Budget Inn & Suites Ridgecest, responded to this review, November 17, 2008
We had refunded the remaining nights back to the customer. The internet was working with other guests staying on the same night. We had commented to him, saying that was a conflict in his settings on his laptop.

Been to Budget Inn & Suites Ridgecest? Share your experiences!