“Extremely Pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest
Arizona
“Extremely Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited this America's Best Value Inn a few weeks ago. We arrived too early for check in, but were willing to wait. The hotel clerk, possibly owner (man) greeted us outside and offered us a bottle of water to enjoy while we waited for the rooms to be cleaned. We also received a great rate, $56 approx. I was extremely impressed and surprised at how nice and comfortable the room and property were for the price. The room and bathroom were very clean, The a/c was off upon our arrival but worked great to cool the room off in no time at all. The property is no smoking and I remember having to sign something stating we would abide by the rules. Being non smokers, this was welcomed. The carpet appeared newer and clean, clean and comfortable king beds, pillows and linens, flat screen tv, luggage rack, charging ports in the bedside lamps, and small refrigerator.

We will gladly use this ABVI again when traveling. It was a welcome surprise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Harshal P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ridgecrest North, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying at Americas Best Value Inn Ridgecrest; we hope you share your great experience at our hotel with your friends and family. Thank you for your comments and will look forward to seeing you again here soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Near Portsmouth, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

As an englishman three weeks into a tour of the western states I feel compelled to write my first review. Thus far, about 18 rooms into the tour, I have received great American hospitality and value for money both from small family motels, and chains, admittedly picking most with Trip Advisor reviews in mind.

But what mostly annoyed about this place was "breakfast". In England they would not get away with it, Warm coffee pot and a tiny plastic wrapped muffin. Yes, that was breakfast! Frankly, pathetic. No hot water on hand, no tea bags, no milk, etc etc (mostly these and more have come as the standard breakfast every where else). And whilst fully supporting no smoking I did not like almost having to give an oath that I would not smoke on the premises. It was the way it was handled - poorly. Dangerous electric socket, broken shower curtain fittings, fridge but no microwave (?), no coffee maker, room where no aircon on on arrival on a day when temp was 108, all added to our 1st disappointing stay in USA.

Room Tip: Try another motel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for taking to share with us your experience at our hotel. At Americas Best Value Inn Ridgecrest we do not advertise breakfast, as a complementary we have coffee and pastries for our guest, I am sorry that you were misinformed regarding breakfast. We like to take pride in our Brand new facility and enforce the no smoking on the property heavily as most new hotels are now doing so. We try to give all of our customers an affordable experience at our hotel as we are not a 5 star hotel, I am sorry that you felt that our hotel fell short of your expectations.
Pugwash, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I did not expect much not. I just needed a place to shower and sleep after doing some brush clearing on property in Lake Isabella Valley. I always bring my own coffee maker and coffee and like a Boy Scout I am well prepared. I am not a sissy lah-lah girl and put whiny demands to make my life a hassle nor anyone else. But I do love quality, cleanliness and real non-smoking rooms.
Let me tell you also I did not expect any food or treats, I wanted a place to rest. I was pleasantly impressed with my room, it was clean and their was no sick smell from other people, in fact through the night it smelled really nice! I have been to hotels and motels where it smells nice when you go in but in a few hours the nasty smell from others before or a poorly cleaned room soon dominate. I love animals/cats and dogs but I detest when people bring dogs in hotels because I know that dogs anal glands get full of yuk and they rub their bottoms or drag them on the carpet to itch. Thank God this place does not allow any anal gland gifted pets!!!

I love the decor, which is tasteful, the desk clerk ( I do not know if it is the owner) but I noticed he had a sense of humble pride and was very kind, it tells me he is the owner but I should not make assumptions. The manager/desk clerk seems to maintain the exterior of the premises nice and tidy. Yes I would come back here and if I had any relatives who were coming to this area I would also recommend this Inn. The total for one night was, including taxes was $50 mid week. I am not a needy person and had breakfast at a little hole in the wall, "Midway Cafe" but it accepts only cash.

All in all I made a hot work into a nice little vacation with ABVI, it helped me make lemonade out of lemons!!

Room Tip: During the Summer everyone is hot, be a positive traveler. Do not make it a mission to be a stinker...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. We are thrilled that you found the property to be so inviting. I will share your wonderful feedback with my staff including the housekeeping department. We look forward to having you as our guest on your return to Ridgecrest.
Antioch, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We didn't get any cookies on arrival or at any other time either. Room was pretty basic, but clean and the bedding was in good shape. The shower rod was poorly installed so water got all over the floor (a pet peeve of mine). Wi-Fi was weak; worked okay on laptop but not on cell phone. Much less expensive than other decent places in Ridgecrest, though, so if you are willing to settle for basic accomodations - good enough for enlisted men, as my father used to say - it will serve you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you soon.
LanaD_11
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Clean, spacious and great value. Excellent service. We were given cookies on arrival and the owner was very nice. I would stay here again if happened to be passing through Ridgecrest. Really good stop over to break up a long drive. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest at ABVI Ridgecrest, we are glad your liked our hotel. We hope you share your wonderful experience with your friends and family.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I got a special online prepaid weeknight rate of $53 and I knew that Ridgecrest was a military town, so I wasn't expecting anything too great. Was I wrong! My room was as nice as what I'd expect of a $100/night hotel. Each room has been completely renovated, with new electronic room key system, attractive modern furniture (including a pillow-top mattress), new carpet, new bedspread & pillows, a decent-sized plasma TV, desk & office chair, refrigerator, etc. On-site managers were super-friendly. A nice property and an incredible value.

The ABV Inn is very centrally located so there are several restaurants within walking distance. The hotel has no amenities and no breakfast, but that's not a problem for this traveler.

Only negative: the towels seem to be a carryover from the pre-renovation days; they are stiff and scratchy. I hope, like the rest of this property, they're updated soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Harshal P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Ridgecrest North, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you sharing your comments regarding your experience at the Americas Best Value Inn Ridgecrest. We are happy that you found our location so convenient and we hope to have you as our guest in the near future!
San diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This motel is centrally located in Ridgecrest and provided good basic accommodations. I would stay there again. Direct TV requires channel surfing to find your favorite channels. Wi-Fi was easy to log into and was used to locate the many eateries Ridgecrest has to offer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Ridgecrest North? Share your experiences!