“Hidden Treasure” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest
Ridgecrest, California
“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is Ridgecrest's hidden treasure. Off the beaten path, clean, quiet, great staff, attentive to the needs of the guest. Professionally managed by the warm staff. Traveodge is the only hotel I will stay at when in Ridgecrest and they have completely earn my loyalty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Buellton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here to explore the Trona Pinnicles and Walker Pass/PCT (highly recommended for mild winter activity). I was pleasently surprized given some of the negative ratings I had seen earlier. The room was clean though dated and everything worked well. The heater seemed weak. That was not a problem because the room was warm and we had plenty of blankets that wern't needed. Breakfast was ok with cereals, pastries, OJ, milk. Coffee was ok. Price was lower than most and the family that ran the motel were very friendly and helpful. They wanted to charge $10 more than our prepaid price for the dog though the Hotels.com guy assured me that pets stayed for free. They let Clover stay for free.. I think our good experience was due to the low occupancy in February.

Room Tip: Go during low occupancy times. The family that runs it could get overwelmed by a crowd. Try to get...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were "walk ins" ~ 6pm after catching the Trona Pinnacles at sunset (highly recommended). Not many others there. Friendly folks at the desk. Nice pizza place in walking distance. Nice breakfast. Quiet (mid-week). Great price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

As one person put it; this place needs an overhaul. Furniture and dingy drapes were circa 1970 and the walls, ceiling (a couple dust bunnies in the stucco) are just screaming for a new paint job. My king size bed was so damn uncomfortable because you lay trenches, especially in the spot directly in front of the TV. Knob on air console was broke. Whole over all atmosphere was like a "no tell motel". I guess it's OK if one isn't overly picky, but I won't stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I guess the first thing to say is that I have visited this motel in the height of the summer months for long stretches of time. I always stay here. The motel is definitely outdated but then the price was right. I cannot speak to some of the other reviewers experiences but mine were always good. The rooms were relatively clean, it had a nice mixture of mini-fridge, flat screen (sometimes), etc. It has cable and internet which both worked perfectly.

Yes the furniture is old - I've seen a lot of those in a lot of motels. And I have to admit that things aren't sparkling clean outside... again.... I've seen a lot of those in motels. What made me really like this place was that I really enjoyed the service. It is obviously family run and they do their best to see to your needs. I don't know what people mean when they say "foreign run" but given the warm welcome I received each time I came - I'd say let them all be foreign run.

Let me also say that one has to judge the place you stay by the price and the places around it. I realize that not everyone is going to see it my way - but I really enjoyed this place but perhaps that is because I enjoyed the family/staff. Either way - I always felt safe and the air condition always worked.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the office - the better internet works. Also - the hot water always works, som...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Gardnerville, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was an awful motel. It needs a complete overall. It needs paint. It had a huge crack in the vanity, the drain the the sink was broken. Stains in the bathtub and cigarette burns on the furniture. Very limited hot water. The last straw was when my husband had to kill the cockroach. The bed , however, was comfortable. We would never stay here again and would think twice about staying at a travelodge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Ridgecrest? Share your experiences!