“Loudest pipes ever.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn

You added Travel Inn to your Saves list
Travel Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   131 W. Upjohn ave, Ridgecrest, CA 93555 (Formerly Travelodge Ridgecrest)   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

As one person put it; this place needs an overhaul. Furniture and dingy drapes were circa 1970 and the walls, ceiling (a couple dust bunnies in the stucco) are just screaming for a new paint job. My king size bed was so damn uncomfortable because you lay trenches, especially in the spot directly in front of the TV. Knob on air console was broke. Whole over all atmosphere was like a "no tell motel". I guess it's OK if one isn't overly picky, but I won't stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I guess the first thing to say is that I have visited this motel in the height of the summer months for long stretches of time. I always stay here. The motel is definitely outdated but then the price was right. I cannot speak to some of the other reviewers experiences but mine were always good. The rooms were relatively clean, it had a nice mixture of mini-fridge, flat screen (sometimes), etc. It has cable and internet which both worked perfectly.

Yes the furniture is old - I've seen a lot of those in a lot of motels. And I have to admit that things aren't sparkling clean outside... again.... I've seen a lot of those in motels. What made me really like this place was that I really enjoyed the service. It is obviously family run and they do their best to see to your needs. I don't know what people mean when they say "foreign run" but given the warm welcome I received each time I came - I'd say let them all be foreign run.

Let me also say that one has to judge the place you stay by the price and the places around it. I realize that not everyone is going to see it my way - but I really enjoyed this place but perhaps that is because I enjoyed the family/staff. Either way - I always felt safe and the air condition always worked.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the office - the better internet works. Also - the hot water always works, som...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Gardnerville, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was an awful motel. It needs a complete overall. It needs paint. It had a huge crack in the vanity, the drain the the sink was broken. Stains in the bathtub and cigarette burns on the furniture. Very limited hot water. The last straw was when my husband had to kill the cockroach. The bed , however, was comfortable. We would never stay here again and would think twice about staying at a travelodge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
san diego, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I definitely agree with all the other negative reviews~ This place was terrible for a supposenly nice mid quality motel chain! It doesn't even deserve a "Travelodge" name! Another foreign run motel that's outdated and run down (inside and out)! The temp. was 100 when we got there and the room felt about the same! The old air conditioner barely worked. The "high/low" control was broke off so you couldn't adjust it. Had to stuff the bottom of the drapes in the window sill so air would blow in. Room did not cool off for hours!!! The bathtub was stained. The shower was built for a 3-4 foot tall person and the ridiculous water faucet knobs were a joke that could not hardly be adjusted to get warm water. Coffee maker was badly stained but worked if you wanted "Arabica" coffee only! Group of Young adults in the next room were loud and noicey!! I relunctedly gave this place one star only because the bed was halfway comfortable. It should have been half that! ......Should have known by the low price it wasn't going to be good, but just assumed prices were lower in Ridgecrest because of the location! Boy was I wrong!.......(ps: don't go by what you see in the pic's of this old place on the internet either)!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this place!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Travelodge brand usually grants medium/high quality in the motel accomodation field. Travelodge Ridgecrest is definitely far from even approaching it, placing itself in the lowest rank of the Travelodge world I've seen up to now. The motel is outdated but that's not the main reason why I rated it negatively. I asked for a non smoking room and officially I was offered one but as soon as I opened the door I was struck by an overwhelming smoke smell like if any previous guest had been smooking all the time during his/her stay.(Maybe I should have listened to a family I met in the parking lot who told me they were not checkin in because of the smoke stink) I decided to try and ventilate the room and I discovered that the window lock was broken and a simple wood stick worked as a block.Very unsafe. The room was provided with a fridge, microwave and a coffee maker, sad to say this latter appliance was unusable since the only coffee available was a partially open torn and damaged by water pack. The wi fi connection was not working despite I was granted it was available and I had to use a computer in the lobby to ckeck my e mail. Last but not least as it often happens in the motels run by foreign people I'm still missing my Wyndham Rewards poins. At the ckeck in they told me to show my card when checking out (??) and at check out time they said their computer was not working. I wonder how Travelodge and Wyndham can rely on someone who's clearly trying to cheat its guests. Before leaving the motel I had a complimentary very poor breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Council Bluffs, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Understand older motel trying to upgrade. But they need to learn the business first. Yet ANOTHER foreign owned motel. They can speak n understand English pretty well. But had NO NETWORK STATIONS!!! Said cable told them needed new tvs. Mediacom????? TV specialist??? Should have stayed @ Motel 6 would had good cable tv, paid for daily internet, and no micro/refrigerator!! LOL. BUT here I had a BATHTUB. :-)

• Stayed February 2012