“Don't believe the pictures” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Ridgecrest
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Don't believe the pictures”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was an awful motel. It needs a complete overall. It needs paint. It had a huge crack in the vanity, the drain the the sink was broken. Stains in the bathtub and cigarette burns on the furniture. Very limited hot water. The last straw was when my husband had to kill the cockroach. The bed , however, was comfortable. We would never stay here again and would think twice about staying at a travelodge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
san diego, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I definitely agree with all the other negative reviews~ This place was terrible for a supposenly nice mid quality motel chain! It doesn't even deserve a "Travelodge" name! Another foreign run motel that's outdated and run down (inside and out)! The temp. was 100 when we got there and the room felt about the same! The old air conditioner barely worked. The "high/low" control was broke off so you couldn't adjust it. Had to stuff the bottom of the drapes in the window sill so air would blow in. Room did not cool off for hours!!! The bathtub was stained. The shower was built for a 3-4 foot tall person and the ridiculous water faucet knobs were a joke that could not hardly be adjusted to get warm water. Coffee maker was badly stained but worked if you wanted "Arabica" coffee only! Group of Young adults in the next room were loud and noicey!! I relunctedly gave this place one star only because the bed was halfway comfortable. It should have been half that! ......Should have known by the low price it wasn't going to be good, but just assumed prices were lower in Ridgecrest because of the location! Boy was I wrong!.......(ps: don't go by what you see in the pic's of this old place on the internet either)!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this place!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Travelodge brand usually grants medium/high quality in the motel accomodation field. Travelodge Ridgecrest is definitely far from even approaching it, placing itself in the lowest rank of the Travelodge world I've seen up to now. The motel is outdated but that's not the main reason why I rated it negatively. I asked for a non smoking room and officially I was offered one but as soon as I opened the door I was struck by an overwhelming smoke smell like if any previous guest had been smooking all the time during his/her stay.(Maybe I should have listened to a family I met in the parking lot who told me they were not checkin in because of the smoke stink) I decided to try and ventilate the room and I discovered that the window lock was broken and a simple wood stick worked as a block.Very unsafe. The room was provided with a fridge, microwave and a coffee maker, sad to say this latter appliance was unusable since the only coffee available was a partially open torn and damaged by water pack. The wi fi connection was not working despite I was granted it was available and I had to use a computer in the lobby to ckeck my e mail. Last but not least as it often happens in the motels run by foreign people I'm still missing my Wyndham Rewards poins. At the ckeck in they told me to show my card when checking out (??) and at check out time they said their computer was not working. I wonder how Travelodge and Wyndham can rely on someone who's clearly trying to cheat its guests. Before leaving the motel I had a complimentary very poor breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Council Bluffs, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012 via mobile

Understand older motel trying to upgrade. But they need to learn the business first. Yet ANOTHER foreign owned motel. They can speak n understand English pretty well. But had NO NETWORK STATIONS!!! Said cable told them needed new tvs. Mediacom????? TV specialist??? Should have stayed @ Motel 6 would had good cable tv, paid for daily internet, and no micro/refrigerator!! LOL. BUT here I had a BATHTUB. :-)

• Stayed February 2012
Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night while traveling to Death Valley NP, which is about 3 hours drive. The room was nice and clean, so was the hotel, the staffs were good too. I guess the breakfast could have been better. But looking at the price they charged me (45$), I don't have complain.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was due to arrive late so I made reservations and paid for a Single Queen Room. When I arrived at 1000 PM the lady at the desk said "we changed your room preference to a Double Queen Room please do not bother the bed you do not use so we don't have to remake it tommorow."
I travel with a Pug, and told her I would not touch it but I couldn't vouch for my dog. As I was unloading my car she was rushing into the room to take the linens off one of the beds.

All night I thought about who may have been in the room before me and used only one of the beds!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

OK, this is an older property, and it ain't the Ritz Carlton. But that being said, all the *important* stuff (fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, satellite TV, wi-fi) was there, and worked well. Bed was comfortable, and as clean as I could expect, given the price. A/C worked wonderful, runs continuously so you don't get those start-up and shut-down noises. I noticed my slipper-socks did NOT get dirty walking about the room, unlike at most Motel 6 and other "economy" motels. Bathroom area, like everything else, was older but reasonably clean, and again, everything worked well, including the shower and toilet. One peculiarity about my room: being the furthest from the front, I had to run my bath for about 5 full minutes before the hot water got back to my room, no big deal except I hate to waste the water. I really think this facility got a few unfortunate reviews, if your expectations are high, then you should be staying at a higher-end motel. This is my 2nd stay here (on business), and I'll return.

Room Tip: I stayed in #214, on the end, upstairs
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Ridgecrest? Share your experiences!