“Awesome club sandwich with a fried egg - OMNOMNOM” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Assemble

Assemble
1414 Harbour Way S, Richmond, CA 94804-3694 (Formerly BoilerHouse)
510-215-6000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Assemble is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hall
Transit: AC transit No. 74 comes here from Richmond BART station.
Description: Located in the magnificent former power plant of a Ford automobile factory, the Boilerhouse serves fresh, fast, local, delicious food on the waterfront. Enjoy exceptional value, great tastes and, of course, our amazing view of the San Francisco skyline and the Bay. Most simply, our concept is Slow food flavor at fast food prices. We invite guests to grab a quick healthy meal on the go when they’re hiking the Bay Trail or taking a break from the office--or to stay as long as they like and enjoy our waterfront setting while they linger over a meal and drinks. Boilerhouse recipes change frequently to reflect the season and the plentiful local markets. We use local, all-natural ingredients, and organic when possible. We serve lunch, pub, dinner and brunch, all under $10. We welcome your feedback as we are constantly developing and improving. It's wonderful to be part of the Bay Area community, and to be bringing new crowds to the historic Craneway, the birthplace of Rosie the Riveter.
Sonoma, California
“Awesome club sandwich with a fried egg - OMNOMNOM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Ok, I admit: I walked in and I knew the bartender. I sat at the bar, solo, and had good attentive service. Julia Child cooking potatoes on the TV, and great Glenn Miller on the stereo.

What a cool space, even if I parked in the wrong parking lot and was forced to enjoy the landscape around me as I searched out Assemble. It's a really amazing space.

I had one of the messiest and best club sandwiches ever. Messy because it had a fried egg on it. Mmmmmmmm!!!!

Mama Lil' Pils on tap - so good I had two.

American comfort food. I look forward to a second visit !

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Delicious food, wonderful views, historic building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The restaurant is right on the Bay trail, next to the Rosie the Riveter visitor center and was the boiler room for the Ford factory next door which is now an event center. The restaurant has a lot of the machinery still there and the original multipane windows looking over the bay.
I originally ate here in March 2013 soon after it opened when they just served lunch. Now it is open for lunch, dinner and brunch and over a long weekend I ate all three meals.
The food is delicious, they grow a lot of the produce in their own Victory garden so it is very fresh. The sliders were perfect for lunch, french toast hit the spot for brunch and the roasted vegetables and quinoa salad was the perfect dinner.
The service was excellent each time - casual, never rushed but not too slow. Edward was my waiter for lunch and he recognized me when we came back a few days later for brunch. Tony served us for dinner and he was great as well.
With the patio overlooking the bay, I am sure it will be really nice outside in the summer and with the trail right by Assemble there is no excuse not to indulge in dessert!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Great location. Food is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a great place to visit by the Ford factory. The atmosphere is really cool and the service is very good. I wasn't blown away by the food though. My chicken pot pie was begging for some salt and pepper but alas none was on the table. Still a fun place to visit and see a bit of history.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
El Sobrante, California
“Great Food in Historic Setting - was the "Boiler"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really wanted some fish, and saw someone else's plate of fish and chips looked good. I usually peel off the greasy coating...but this batter had wonderful seasoning, and wasn't greasy - I ate it all. The fries and coleslaw were fresh made and well seasoned. Staff was very pleasant.
Location is great - The view is inside = You are in a beautifully restored Historic industrial building, with the boilers and pipes. On the SF Bay next to the new "Rosie the Riveter" National Park Visitor Center, and right on the SF Bay and Bay Trail. Historic buildings, ships, and nearby Richmond Marina.
I rode my bike from Pt Isabel park (Central Ave, Richmond) and locked it up at the Visitor Center. The trail is ADA accessible - flat paved; follows the shoreline (www.baytrail.org) lots of people walking, jogging, and bike riding.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
El Cerrito
“old times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The restraunt is in the boiler room of the old Ford plant in Richmond lots to look at food is good I had the cobb salid which was good and lots of good view of the bay and a great area to walk off your meal

Visited October 2013