“Don't have a wedding event here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Reedley Country Bed and Breakfast

Reedley Country Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reedley
Reedley Country Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Reedley Country Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
43137 Road 52, Reedley, CA 93654   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Reedley B&B and Inns
Clovis, California
“Don't have a wedding event here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently attended a wedding and reception at the Reedley Country Bed and Breakfast and while there were aspects that were very nice, the not so nice outweighed my experience.

The Pros: Lovely gardens, gazebo, and what I assume to be buildings of the Inn, although I only happened to see the inside of one. Very nice Victorian charm, an air conditioned room that was greatly appreciated. Dinner tables were beautifully set, no problems with linens. Very nice dinner served, wait staff was competent.

The Cons: There were no plates provided for hors d'oeuvres, nor napkins. Someone finally got a roll of paper towels for guests to use and set it on the table. Wow - might expect to see that at a BBQ wedding, but not at this kind of affair.

The same thing happened when the wedding cake was served. Fortunately the MOB brought some paper plates, but when those ran out, the owner finally provided some that didn't come close to matching - and there were no forks provided - quite a back up for cut cake that was waiting for utensils, and when forks were brought out, they were brought in the big food service cardboard box. Again, not in keeping with the event.

There were other cons, but those above were things that should have been no-brainers and should have been prepared for.

The biggest con of all was the owner.

I don't know how she dealt with the families involved, I only speak of what I saw and heard, and working in the hospitality industry myself, I was completely taken aback by her behavior.

She seemed like she was put out at having an event like this at her establishment. I heard her speak rudely to guests. I witnessed her come into one of the house-like buildings where 2 women were speaking to one another. The owner walked in the door and barked "What are you doing in here?!" I don't believe the women thought she could possibly be talking to them that way, so again she barked "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!" At that point one of the women replied she was speaking with her friend and was told "THIS IS OFF LIMITS, NO ONE CAN BE IN HERE - WE HAVE TO CLEAN UP!" As far as I could tell, there were no signs anywhere that said ""STAFF ONLY, or NO GUESTS, PLEASE." But that would have been too polite for the owner..

Perhaps the owner prefers to run this as a bed and breakfast, but with her lack of people skills, she is clearly not a wedding planner, someone who caters to the wedding couple, guests,, and goes out of her way to make sure everyone has a more than pleasant experience. The owner would not last a day where I work, as guest service is of the utmost importance. She'd be fired before the end of her first shift.

Oh, and as a side note (and this is not a reflection on the Reedley Country Bed and Breakfast) do not consider that just because you are out in the country, your car is safer than in the city. I came out to my car after the reception to find my front passenger window was smashed in and someone had gone through the console of my car. Fortunately the only thing stolen was my GPS. Again, I don't hold the inn at all responsible, just saying: don't be lulled into a false sense of security.

The Tulare County Sheriff who came out for my report was much more pleasant then the owner of the inn. Maybe they should swap professions!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This will be our 3rd stay & 2nd venue rental with the Reedley Country B&B. What a picturesque weekend once again. The owner is always so warm and inviting and treats us like family. All of my guests where so pleased, they had the time of their lives. I received many compliments on the location and that is why we had our wedding and now our baby shower here. Any time we have something to celebrate and need to house our large family this is the place for us. Each room is unique and distinctive with stunning details. You can’t pick a wrong room to stay in, they’re all so comfortable and relaxing. Breakfast in the morning is fit for a King accompanied with satisfying service. This IS and ALWAYS will be our home away from home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I never actually got to stay because when I called and then asked if she had a website so I could look at the rooms she went nuts and said she is a wedding planner and I should know that her rooms are great and that I could stay at the Holiday Inn 5 miles away. I won't stay there just on the principle even though I'm flying into town for a baby shower at that very Inn.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Four of us decided to catch Fresno blossom at the last minute. It was a short trip. We stayed for just one night in the cottage house. There were 4 rooms with queen and king size beds which can easily accommodate up to 8 people. Kitchen is fully equipped even with single cup coffee machine but we didn't get to use it because we are not coffee drinkers. Rooms were clean, nice bedding, and decorated with Easter thyme. Breakfast was delicious. Linda and Berta cooked just what we liked. Light, healthy and tasty. They also did the dinner on Friday night which was a special treat for us because they don't usually do dinner.

The farm next to the house is about 20 acres of plum trees with white flowers. We took lots of pictures at the various lighting (morning, bright day, sunset, etc.). We decided we will come back in August for the fruit harvest.

Overall it's a very pleasant experience, We appreciate Linda's hospitality and warmth. Just one little thing, there are two Jacuzzi tubs and one shower in the house. No WIFI yet however, Linda is going to make it available soon.

Room Tip: This house is one level. There are two other upstairs rooms available on top of the main house.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

A nice change from the run of the mill motel experience. great breakfast and staff were very nice. One draw back? We had to suffer the owners constant conservative comments. No matter what side of the issue she took it was always the Democrates that were to blame.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

My husband and I have have traveled quite a bit during our retirement and have stayed at a variety of places. The Reedly Country Inn Bed and Breakfast was one of the most enjoyable stays we've ever had. The grounds are gorgeous with rose bushes too numerous to count. We stayed in the cottage which was perfect as I have mobility problems and it's on one level and easy to get to. The cottage is like a 3 bedroom home with each bedroom having a full bath. The living room has very nice furniture, a TV, and fireplace. The kitchen is fully equipped for guests who wish to fix a meal or just relax with a cup of coffee. We enjoyed Linda's company and, as a host, she's the best! We had a huge country breakfast out on the covered patio of the cottage which consisted of eggs, bacon, pancakes, sliced fresh peaches from the surrounding orchard, and lots of hot syrup and coffee. Additionally, Linda had whipped up a peach cobbler the night before for a special treat. We were also pleasanty surprised at the nightly rate which was most reasonable - especially for such a nice place. We wished we had stayed there longer instead of leaving Reedly and renting a cabin in the Pinehurst area further east on highway 245. The primary reason for our trip to California was to see Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Forest. In Pinehurst, we paid 3 times the rent for a cabin that was old, in need of repair, and not very clean despite being hit up for a $125 "cleaning fee". It would have been well worth the extra driving time to stay in Reedly. So, if you're visiting in that area and just want a place to stay that's close to the park/canyon and don't care about cleanliness or price, try staying at one of the park lodges or nearby cabins. But if comfort, luxury, great food, and reasonable prices are your primary concerns, stay in Reedly. You won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Forestville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

If you're tired of the cloned experience at chains in the Reedley, Dinuba, Sanger areas so. of Fresno, I'd recommend a stay at the Reedley Country Inn. It's still close to town and Hwy #99, but out of the traffic, noise and boxy buildings. This is our second stay in 7 mo's since we have relatives in the area. The inn has 2 historical houses and we stayed both times in the spacious and comfortable 2-rm. suite on the upper floor of "the White House" which used to be the Christian Bros. family home. Many of the orig. furnishings are in the suite. There are pretty gardens on the inn's large property inc. an extensive rose garden. The owner, Linda, a very energetic and sociable woman, can provide you with very interesting background info. on the area's agricultural history as well as info. on current events and activities. She also makes a delicious country-style breakfast that's served in the restored farmhouse.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Reedley Country Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!