“Great Motel in Reedley” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
Los Angeles, California
“Great Motel in Reedley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our first visit in Reedley’s Edge Water Inn. From what I’ve seen from the outside, years ago, they have really renovated the whole place. The rooms are comfortable, very clean and amazingly quiet. There’s a rather busy street behind the motel, something that I imaged would have been a sound hazard. But no, if not all, it looked like 95% of the rooms are facing off the busy street, no windows on that side, the walls are well insulated… you don’t even know that there’s any noise nearby.
I’d say that the only missing action in the otherwise very successful makeover, are the doors facing the rather quiet back yard (just as the one window). They, too, seem to be brand new, but they do not have much insulation – you see the sun shine through the cracks on the sides of the door. This seems to be a problem when there are noisy motel guests at the pool or walking into their rooms.
The staff is friendly; the included breakfast is very minimal… But we slept well through our two nights – and we will come back!

Room Tip: Make sure your room (window) is facing the back yard (not sure if the are any other ones..)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here once before and both times the staff was especially helpful. They have done renovations since the last time I stayed, and everything is nicer. There is a pool, but it wasn't heated, so I didn't go in. The breakfast includes muffins, danishes, fruit, juice and coffee. The newspaper is free. It's a good value for the quality of the Inn.

Room Tip: Always choose the second floor in motels, so you don't hear footsteps above you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family stayed here last Father's Day. At first it seemed nice. Rooms were adequate, nothing special.
Then during the afternoon, it was over 100 degrees outside, I was laying on the bed in my underwear when a stranger opened my door with a key card the front desk had given him and T's him to stay in MY room. I felt very unsafe and violated!

• Stayed June 2012

Travelers are raving about these Reedley hotels

El Dorado, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent the entire month of February at the Edgewater Inn while working in the area. We travel a lot for business and this was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are newly remodeled and are very comfortable and clean. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us with with our people coming and going. We do construction and big problem with the breakfast at most places is it opens at 7:30 or 8:00 and we are already gone. They open at 5:00 AM. I will stay here anythime I am in the Fresno area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Must have been recently renovated. Carpet, love seat, bed covers look new. Lots of nice touches that I didn't expect in this price range -- love seat in addition to table/chair, curved shower rod to give more space, granite (or granite-look -- I'm not an expert) countertop, refrigerator (3' high), microwave, coffee maker, iron & board, wooden hangers - some with skirt/pants clips, hairdryer, portable luggage stand, curtains that actually black out the light so you can sleep in.

TV has 3 HBO channels including one showing family movies. WiFi is free and works fine. I was on for hours and only got bounced once.

Safe area. I'm a female traveling alone and felt very comfortable.

Would be great for families -- with largish refrigerator, micro, family HBO channel, extra seating and spacious room.

Highly recommended. I always intend to write reviews and never seem to get around to it. This one inspired me to actually do it, which is saying something!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, the location was exceptional! The cleanliness of the room was excellent. Furthermore, the beds were extremely comfortable. I was very satisfied with my stay and I would definitely reconmend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012
Marina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The room was clean and had been recently remodeled. Shortly after 10:00 PM, the bathroom ceiling vent started pouring water. We dressed and went to the office to get another room. The owner checked us into another room 2 doors over so moving all our stuff was easy. After we got settled, we found that the heater didn't work. We bundled up with the blankets from the 2nd bed and toughed it out. In the morning when I tried to tell the wner that the heater was broken, he acted like I was an idiot and didn't know how to operate a reverse cycle window unit.

Room Tip: You're not as likely to have the room above you flood your room if you book a room on the upper...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!