“Excellent value. Better than expected.” 5 of 5 stars

Edgewater Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1977 West Manning Avenue, Reedley, CA 93654   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
San Jose, CA
“Excellent value. Better than expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Must have been recently renovated. Carpet, love seat, bed covers look new. Lots of nice touches that I didn't expect in this price range -- love seat in addition to table/chair, curved shower rod to give more space, granite (or granite-look -- I'm not an expert) countertop, refrigerator (3' high), microwave, coffee maker, iron & board, wooden hangers - some with skirt/pants clips, hairdryer, portable luggage stand, curtains that actually black out the light so you can sleep in.

TV has 3 HBO channels including one showing family movies. WiFi is free and works fine. I was on for hours and only got bounced once.

Safe area. I'm a female traveling alone and felt very comfortable.

Would be great for families -- with largish refrigerator, micro, family HBO channel, extra seating and spacious room.

Highly recommended. I always intend to write reviews and never seem to get around to it. This one inspired me to actually do it, which is saying something!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, the location was exceptional! The cleanliness of the room was excellent. Furthermore, the beds were extremely comfortable. I was very satisfied with my stay and I would definitely reconmend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012
Marina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The room was clean and had been recently remodeled. Shortly after 10:00 PM, the bathroom ceiling vent started pouring water. We dressed and went to the office to get another room. The owner checked us into another room 2 doors over so moving all our stuff was easy. After we got settled, we found that the heater didn't work. We bundled up with the blankets from the 2nd bed and toughed it out. In the morning when I tried to tell the wner that the heater was broken, he acted like I was an idiot and didn't know how to operate a reverse cycle window unit.

Room Tip: You're not as likely to have the room above you flood your room if you book a room on the upper...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Redding
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The EdgeWater was exactly what we were looking for. Somewhere clean, spacious, safe, and friendly to stay while we were visiting family. Not to mention that the price was right since we were only sleeping there. The location was great for getting around the area. The pool, spa and playground are well kept and probably very useful in the summertime. Even though they are not pet friendly, I was able to get my kitty fix with the resident felines! Glad to hear of their renovation next year. This "older" property will really shine with some attention and upgrades. My strongest suggestion would be to add a breakfast buffet with some hot foods. They have a big beautiful lobby that would seat several people. We will definitly be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Palmdale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our second stay at this property which should tell you that it is a solid, clean, reasonably quiet place that provides a decent value for the price. It is an older property that is showing it's age. There some deferred maintenance items such as partially clogged sink faucet aeration screens, missing sink stopper and unpatched cracks in the ceiling. Nothing that detracted from a good nights sleep in a clean bed which is what we were after.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was really impressed with how clean our room was. Very polite people at the front desk, nice owners who offered us fresh fruit when we checked in. Coffee, pastry and OJ in the morning. Super convenient if you're floating the King's river or visiting people at Kelly's Beach. We stayed here to get out of the heat, but it's right across the street from the campground, so we could easily get to our room after our river float. Lots of parking and nice pool, too.

Room Tip: We reserved a king and they didn't have any so put us in a queen - didn't give us any discou...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Pros/Neutral:
- The hotel was older.
- It was not impressive, but it was functional and clean.
- We were on the first floor and there was no noise from any other rooms or the hallways.
- Parking was plentiful; we had no problem finding a spot near our room.
- Air conditioning worked REALLY well (I froze!).
- The room had a fridge and it worked fine.
- The pool looked clean and inviting.
- There was a little, gated-in playground area with lots of flowers next to the pool that my husband was able to let the kids play in while I repacked the car, which was kind of nice since we were on a rather long and somewhat kid-unfriendly road trip.
- Shower was okay; nothing to write home about (which is my general impression of the hotel overall).
- Short drive to King's Canyon/Sequoia National Park (which was our reason for staying there).

Cons/whatever:
- Wifi signal was present but weak, and not strong enough for me to download a movie to the Kindle for the kids.
- The woman on the night desk was somewhat rude, but I'm easy going and I guess I probably wouldn't want to be stuck there all night doing nothing in that tiny office, either.

Overall, the stay was underwhelming, but it was only a stopover on our destination, so I can't really complain. My only thought would be that it definitely wasn't worth $80 a night (which is what we paid after taxes).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!