“Great Value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
Redding
“Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The EdgeWater was exactly what we were looking for. Somewhere clean, spacious, safe, and friendly to stay while we were visiting family. Not to mention that the price was right since we were only sleeping there. The location was great for getting around the area. The pool, spa and playground are well kept and probably very useful in the summertime. Even though they are not pet friendly, I was able to get my kitty fix with the resident felines! Glad to hear of their renovation next year. This "older" property will really shine with some attention and upgrades. My strongest suggestion would be to add a breakfast buffet with some hot foods. They have a big beautiful lobby that would seat several people. We will definitly be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Palmdale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our second stay at this property which should tell you that it is a solid, clean, reasonably quiet place that provides a decent value for the price. It is an older property that is showing it's age. There some deferred maintenance items such as partially clogged sink faucet aeration screens, missing sink stopper and unpatched cracks in the ceiling. Nothing that detracted from a good nights sleep in a clean bed which is what we were after.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was really impressed with how clean our room was. Very polite people at the front desk, nice owners who offered us fresh fruit when we checked in. Coffee, pastry and OJ in the morning. Super convenient if you're floating the King's river or visiting people at Kelly's Beach. We stayed here to get out of the heat, but it's right across the street from the campground, so we could easily get to our room after our river float. Lots of parking and nice pool, too.

Room Tip: We reserved a king and they didn't have any so put us in a queen - didn't give us any discou...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Pros/Neutral:
- The hotel was older.
- It was not impressive, but it was functional and clean.
- We were on the first floor and there was no noise from any other rooms or the hallways.
- Parking was plentiful; we had no problem finding a spot near our room.
- Air conditioning worked REALLY well (I froze!).
- The room had a fridge and it worked fine.
- The pool looked clean and inviting.
- There was a little, gated-in playground area with lots of flowers next to the pool that my husband was able to let the kids play in while I repacked the car, which was kind of nice since we were on a rather long and somewhat kid-unfriendly road trip.
- Shower was okay; nothing to write home about (which is my general impression of the hotel overall).
- Short drive to King's Canyon/Sequoia National Park (which was our reason for staying there).

Cons/whatever:
- Wifi signal was present but weak, and not strong enough for me to download a movie to the Kindle for the kids.
- The woman on the night desk was somewhat rude, but I'm easy going and I guess I probably wouldn't want to be stuck there all night doing nothing in that tiny office, either.

Overall, the stay was underwhelming, but it was only a stopover on our destination, so I can't really complain. My only thought would be that it definitely wasn't worth $80 a night (which is what we paid after taxes).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was so hot in Central California 4th of July, 2012 but this hotel gave us the respite from the environment. The air conditioning was just right for the room 3 days and 3 nights that we stayed there. The location is also perfect if you want to float down the King river on inner tube or raft on your own because it is right next to the river. You can also go to Kelley's Beach restaurant next door where they can take you up the river on a reservation schedule for $22 - 4 hours in a group just floating down the river. I think Kelley's Beach also owns the campground where you can stay for a minimum fee if you like roughing it up instead of staying in a comfortable bed in this hotel. The hotel has a nice swimming pool. My 11 yr. old son enjoyed swimming there in the evening when the sun is not directly on you.

The only problem I had there was their towel. It was like sandpaper. Funny my son noticed it first when he wiped his face. But it's not so bad for the price of $55 a night, I think you can live with that. They had complimentary breakfast pastries, apples, oranges and coffee. They also have a mini refrigerator and a microwave in the room. Oh, the TV has HBO and other cable channels but was so hard to get signal on the major network channels. They have internet but it's in and out. So if you are going to use your laptop for a major deal of work, you will get frustrated. But if you want to just google stuff, emailing, facebook it is workable. The internet signal is not consistent so you have to refresh every now and then.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Whittier, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

my husband & I stayed here on a recommendation from my mother-in-law. I'm used to staying in a reliable chain hotel but we gave it a shot. We made reservations through an on-line company that Edgewater Inn works with. We got a heck of a deal. The rooms were immaculate!! Smelled very nice too. It's right off the main highway and 1/4 mile from reedley city limits.
The staff was kind & very nice. There is someone working the front desk 24/7. I discovered this when the battery in the remote died. I called the front desk on a whim & she came and brought the batteries, & put them in my remote. It was 3a.m.!!! Very friendly gal. free wifi, & great continental breakfast. within walking distance to a restaurant/bar & the kings river. we got into the jacuzzi. very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
The Valley, L.A. Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The room was nice but expensive and I'm not sure why. The room keys didn't work we had to go back 4 different times and it was raining so having to trot back and forth to the front desk wasn't pleasant. The beds were comfortable and the a/c/ heater worked well. The remote to the tv was broken and held together with tape lol oh well when it wasnt falling apart it worked.
The young lady working the front desk was nice so thats a plus...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedley
Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
4.0 of 5 stars 298 reviews
Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg
BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!