“Older, but clean.” 3 of 5 stars

“Older, but clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Pros/Neutral:
- The hotel was older.
- It was not impressive, but it was functional and clean.
- We were on the first floor and there was no noise from any other rooms or the hallways.
- Parking was plentiful; we had no problem finding a spot near our room.
- Air conditioning worked REALLY well (I froze!).
- The room had a fridge and it worked fine.
- The pool looked clean and inviting.
- There was a little, gated-in playground area with lots of flowers next to the pool that my husband was able to let the kids play in while I repacked the car, which was kind of nice since we were on a rather long and somewhat kid-unfriendly road trip.
- Shower was okay; nothing to write home about (which is my general impression of the hotel overall).
- Short drive to King's Canyon/Sequoia National Park (which was our reason for staying there).

Cons/whatever:
- Wifi signal was present but weak, and not strong enough for me to download a movie to the Kindle for the kids.
- The woman on the night desk was somewhat rude, but I'm easy going and I guess I probably wouldn't want to be stuck there all night doing nothing in that tiny office, either.

Overall, the stay was underwhelming, but it was only a stopover on our destination, so I can't really complain. My only thought would be that it definitely wasn't worth $80 a night (which is what we paid after taxes).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was so hot in Central California 4th of July, 2012 but this hotel gave us the respite from the environment. The air conditioning was just right for the room 3 days and 3 nights that we stayed there. The location is also perfect if you want to float down the King river on inner tube or raft on your own because it is right next to the river. You can also go to Kelley's Beach restaurant next door where they can take you up the river on a reservation schedule for $22 - 4 hours in a group just floating down the river. I think Kelley's Beach also owns the campground where you can stay for a minimum fee if you like roughing it up instead of staying in a comfortable bed in this hotel. The hotel has a nice swimming pool. My 11 yr. old son enjoyed swimming there in the evening when the sun is not directly on you.

The only problem I had there was their towel. It was like sandpaper. Funny my son noticed it first when he wiped his face. But it's not so bad for the price of $55 a night, I think you can live with that. They had complimentary breakfast pastries, apples, oranges and coffee. They also have a mini refrigerator and a microwave in the room. Oh, the TV has HBO and other cable channels but was so hard to get signal on the major network channels. They have internet but it's in and out. So if you are going to use your laptop for a major deal of work, you will get frustrated. But if you want to just google stuff, emailing, facebook it is workable. The internet signal is not consistent so you have to refresh every now and then.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Whittier, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

my husband & I stayed here on a recommendation from my mother-in-law. I'm used to staying in a reliable chain hotel but we gave it a shot. We made reservations through an on-line company that Edgewater Inn works with. We got a heck of a deal. The rooms were immaculate!! Smelled very nice too. It's right off the main highway and 1/4 mile from reedley city limits.
The staff was kind & very nice. There is someone working the front desk 24/7. I discovered this when the battery in the remote died. I called the front desk on a whim & she came and brought the batteries, & put them in my remote. It was 3a.m.!!! Very friendly gal. free wifi, & great continental breakfast. within walking distance to a restaurant/bar & the kings river. we got into the jacuzzi. very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
The Valley, L.A. Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The room was nice but expensive and I'm not sure why. The room keys didn't work we had to go back 4 different times and it was raining so having to trot back and forth to the front desk wasn't pleasant. The beds were comfortable and the a/c/ heater worked well. The remote to the tv was broken and held together with tape lol oh well when it wasnt falling apart it worked.
The young lady working the front desk was nice so thats a plus...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Costa Mesa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I came up to Reedly for a wedding and chose Edgwater basically for the price. Did not expect much, but when I arrived, I was greeted by the manager. I was traveling with my ederly grandmother and they put us on the 2nd floor. But when i asked to be moved, they did so on the spot. For the price, the breakfast was good. But the only thing wrong with this place is the Wifi. Every 20-30 minutes it cut out and I needed it to do homework for college. But other than that, I would definatly come back because it is located about 5 minutes from the center of town.

Room Tip: There is no difference with the rooms, just how many beds you need...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Reading the reviews here, we chose to stay at the Edgewater because it was close to family. On arrival, the 'manager' greeted us, got us to a quiet room promptly.
The only two things I can mention are that we weren't advised about breakfast and the WiFi was not working. We found out about breakfast by accident and it turned out to be better than we hoped, with fresh fruit and pastries. Wifi, while not critical, was an annoyance.
The manager apologized for not telling us about breakfast but was also helpful about another unrelated matter, later in our stay. he location, this is a
For the price, the conditions and the location, I can absolutely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I was attending a reunion at Kelly's Beach, which is across the street from the hotel. I appreciated the proximity to the reunion activities. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only drawback was the early morning noise from bikers revving up their motorcycle engines in the motel's parking lot.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!