“good value for area” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Porterville
“good value for area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

this is one of the better Comfort Inns I've stayed at. rooms are clean and comfortable, staff is pleasant and helpful.
Food is within walking distance,
Hot breakfast provided.
the building does not have a first floor, that's parking rooms start on the 2cd floor. the elevator has been out of service once or twice, if you can't handle stairs I'd call ahead and make sure the elevator is in service.
the rooms smell really heavy of air freshener when you walk in, and that's not pleasant.
but, the price for rooms is well below the average for the area, and its a good value.
if you're on a budget you'll be satisfied with a stay here.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you much for taking the time out for placing a survey on this website. I know that we were having some issues with the elevator for some time. The elevator is fully operational. This particular problem did take 2 weeks to solve since it envolved the computer boards to be sent to Southern California for servicing. I know that it was not ideal for the guests and staff, but I am happy to say that the elevator is finally completely operational.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. Hopefully you we will see you soon.

Alpa Bhas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is pretty dated, but it was nice to have a kitchenette in my room. It was kind of funny how I almost needed a step stool to reach inside the microwave. My husband and I found it pretty amusing. I was happy that the Internet worked well. However I was hoping for a workout room, but no luck there. The breakfast was ok, just the basics. The staff were friendly and responsive, which was good. There is very few hotels in this area under 150$ so this one is not so bad.

Room Tip: Top floor due to creaking in the floor. Old building.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time out to fill out this survey. We are going to use the your insight for renovations that we are scheduling for the fall.

There unfortunately will not be a fitness center on premise, however we have worked a deal for our guests with a local fitness center. There is just no place that I can fit a fitness center in the hotel.

My staff is truly the best asset that I have and I thank you for the positive feedback on them. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon when travels bring you back to Redwood City.

Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

It's a long story, but we wound up at this Comfort Inn about 1 am. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I've never been to a hotel like this one - parking is under the rooms, the building we were in is on piers. When we entered the elevator area in our building I was a little apprehensive about what the room would be like. The elevator area and hall in this building was not exactly pleasant, just kind of blah, had a funky kind of smell and looked liked the carpet needs replaced. However, the room was nice and clean and the cleaning people even tied a bow in the toilet paper (that little bow put a smile on my face). It was awfully hot in the room since there was no ac on, but it cooled off fairly quickly. The bed was way too hard for me, but that's my preference and nothing to do with the hotel itself. The directions to the hotel are a little hard to follow and it is a little difficult to get to but I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to comlete a survey on our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations regarding the entry way and appearance of the elevator. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have ordered carpet to replace those specific areas.

Manteca, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

Stayed here while my Mom had surgery at Stanford. Had a fire alarm go off at 2am in the morning, we all piled out in our PJ's & no one was in the office it wasn't until the alarm stopped then someone came out of office & said that someone turned on their heater & it triggered the alarm. All they said was SORRY & the fire dept was on their way. Good luck trying to go back to sleep. The free breakfast was good, coffe was terrible. We had a problem with our door key lock, it would flash green but wouldn't open the door took multi times each time we tried to get in, even called office once because I was so tired of this problem. He just gave us new keys that didn't help, said he would have maintance look at it, we were their 4 nights & still had problems. My main issue was the bathrooms, the floor was pulled away from tub mold in the tub & on walls. The sink vanitity was also pulled away from the wall. I asked to change rooms to another with a better bathroom & they showed me one that was in the same shape. We stayed as long as we could tolerate before changing hotels.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Alpa B, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Comfort Inn Redwood City
650-599-9636
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My family accidentally booked this hotel during their stay in California (they meant to be farther south on El Camino), but ended up staying all four nights. The room was fine and the cleaning staff also did a good job. However, every time we walked into our room we were hit with a very strong smell. It is hard to describe but seemed as if it had formerly been a smoking room and then the smoker smell had been masked by some other agent.

I cannot speak for the breakfast as I never had any.

It was difficult to navigate to the hotel as well, pay close attention to your GPS or be prepared to drive an extra mile before finding an intersection where U turns are legal.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thanks again for completing the survey. We are a 100% non smoking hotel, however there are some people that do break the rules. After these guest leave we do take several steps to clean throughly after they leave. I do apologize for the strong scent that was in room.

I do understand that we are a little tough to get to. I have made several attempts with the city to increase our signage however, have been denied every time.

I again want to thank you for your feedback. I will use this information to make improvements in the future.
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We arrived in Redwood City and needed to check in before noon. The hotel manager was very helpful and kind. The hotel is recently renovated, very clean, with super comfortable beds. There is a complimentary breakfast. Great value for the money, too!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. I really appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to fill out a survey. I am truly blessed with the staff that I have.

We look forward to seeing you soon. If there is anything that I could do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable please do not hestiate to ask. You may contact me at 650-599-9636.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am a frequent business traveller and on this specific occasion I was sent to redwood city for a last minute work event. The hotels in the area were booked due to a local event however I was able to snag a room at the Comfort Inn after someone cancelled a reservation. After having travelled from the East coast and being in a long flight I was greated and provided excellent customer service while staying with Comfort Inn in Redwood City. The front desk staff asked me if I needed any recommendations for resturant delivery as they knew I had just landed from a long flight and it was late at night when I checked in. The front desk clerk also asked me if they could do anything to make my stay more pleasant or smoother which made me feel like someone actually took a second to consider my stress but were willing to go above and beyond to make my stay more pleasant. I would deffinitely come back and stay with this hotel because of their excellent customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how your stay was. We really appreciate the nice things that you have said about us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

If there is anything that I can help out with here and please contact me at 650-599-9636. I will be happy to assist.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!