“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City

You added Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City to your Saves list
Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2834 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94061 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Stockton, California
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very clean and modern room, clean breakfast area. Walked into our room and was greeted with soft music playing from the clock radio- very nice touch. Friendly staff- Betty is very welcoming and professional. Hotel is close to many restaurants, mall and Stanford Medical Center. Have stayed here several times and never disappointed!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Redwood City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am staying in Room 218 on level 2 and all of a sudden the air conditioner stopped working. When I approached front desk, they promised me that it will be fixed next day. I spent more than 4 nights without a/c in anticipation that it will be fixed. Every evening I am told that it was fixed but when I try, it don't work. Even the front desk executive fail to turn it on. When I said I want to speak to higher management then they said they are available only during business hours (don't know what are their business hours). When I left a note with my contact details to have a call back, though promised by front desk, nobody bothered to reach me.

I had far better experience of saying in a hotel priced 1/3 of the tariff charged by this hotel. Best advise is to avoid this hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

I had a brief business stay at the Atherton Park Inn. Though Atherton has a reputation as an expensive location, the area around the hotel wasn't the greatest - I arrived after an evening flight and ended up buying snacks through a bulletproof window at a nearby gas station because nothing was open nearby. The hotel itself seemed pretty worn down although nothing in particular was dirty or out of order. I wouldn't particularly enjoy staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sonora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here following surgery at Stanford Medical Center. We were unprepared for diet restrictions and sickness following the procedure. The staff could not have been more kind and attentive to our needs. They provide bananas and yogurt when we returned from the hospital, and other items we needed. We truly felt like their guests, and their concern was comforting. We are truly grateful.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

During a rather difficult period when my wife was in Stanford Hospital I spent a week at this hotel. I originally chose it because it had been recommended by an acquaintance, was near the hospital, and offered a special Stanford Hospital rate. To my delight it also turned out to be spacious, clean and very accommodating. From the front office staff to those cleaning the room or working in the breakfast dining area, everyone working there seemed to go out of their way to be helpful. I cannot think of a better place to have spent the week.

Room Tip: It is probably better to get a room near the rear of the property away from the busy El Camino Real...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Watsonville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

There is no excuse for a hotel charging these rates to have such terrible pillows. The staff was wonderful-super friendly and helpful so that is a plus. And the room was clean if a little shabby. But the pillows are really, really bad.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

When I arrived the power was out in the hotel, Housekeeping spoke no English and when they knocked and I told them "just a minute" they walked in anyway (twice). When I tried to hold a conversation with the ones who walked in they understood no English. When i reported the issue to the front desk and asked management to put a "do not disturb" on my room because I had a conference call, the housekeeping staff became vindictive by staging their carts outside my room behaving loud and disruptive to my meeting call. When I finally checked out early, I left my power charger behind by accident. I called the hotel later that day and was told "they would investigate". They never returned my call. I found the whole experience unpleasant and will never stay there again. This hotel may work fine for folks who have Spanish as a primary language and are not interested in reliable service.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City

Address: 2834 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94061 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)
Location: United States > California > Redwood City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City 2.5*
Atherton Park Inn & Suites is an extended-stay hotel in Redwood City, California for business travellers and family vacation with spacious guest rooms, onsite restaurants, fitness centre, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, and easy access to Stanford University, Stanford Medical Centre & Downtown Palo Alto. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Redwood City Hotel Redwood City
Holiday Inn Redwood City
Redwood City Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.