“stay elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Sacramento, California
“stay elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Overpriced, rundown, lousy breakfast, slow internet. Yuck. Go somewhere else. I tried to add a little time to check out and the manager wanted to charge me 20 dollars just to stay one hour later. Coffee was awful. Sheets threadbare. For 159.00 it should be much nicer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The manager is a creep and people live at this hotel full time. We checked in and the manager wanted me to pay $20 a night cash to park there, he would not take my credit card. Also he kept asking me and my party personal questions. Once we got our keys we walked in the room and right back out. None of us felt safe at this hotel. We paid for 3 nights and were not even in the room for 2 mins. He refused to give us our money back.

Room Tip: Read reviews before you book a hotel, I wish I would have. This hotel has a ton of bad reviews.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Orange, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Do not stay here, this hotel is filthy, customer service is miserable. We had plumbing issues and were told "we don't have maintenance you have to come to the office and get a plunger". We fixed our own toilet.

The next morning we found BED BUGS!!!!! The owners attitude was "we had people from New York stay here a couple of months ago that's probably where they came from".

DO NOT STAY HERE, DON'T GIVE THIS OWNER ANOTHER DIME!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jefferson, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had a horrible experience with this hotel the night of Sunday, July 29, 2012...and the next morning, Monday, July 30, 2012.

I had called Wyndam Rewards to transfer some of my points for a night at this hotel Sunday morning. In the middle of the call, the agent said her computer system had went down for maintenance and that I would have to call in a couple hours to redo the point transfer. Called a couple hours later, explained situation and genteman took me through the process to tansfer points for a room. We arrived at approximately 8:30pm and front desk agent Sheila greets us warmly and said "so you are the ones that booked two rooms..." I said NO, that obviouosly Wyndam Rewards accidentally double booked us. She was apologetic about the situation, but of course Wyndam Rewards was closed and the problem would have to get taken care of in the morning...

Morning after, Monday morning July 30th I call Wyndam Rewards first thing. They tell me that they would have to call the hotel would have to agree to release my points back to me, on the 2nd room that they had accidentally booked for me... I went to check out a short while later and spoke with manager Sam Parigi, who was very friendly and cordial, and told me that Wyndam Rewards had called him...and he had told them "give this customer his points back...and asked me to give his hotel a positive review on Trip Advisor.

TODAY: I called Wyndam Rewards to check and see if my points had been redeposited into my account. They told me a quite different story than what manager Sam Parigi told me. Wyndam Rewards says they called the manager Sam, and that Sam told Wyndam Rewards that he was busy, didn't want to talk with them and would not release my points back to me, that he wants the money for the double booked room. So Sam is guilty of lying to me and is attempting to rob me of a night's worth of points. This is highly unethical behavior, and I am shocked.

I am on the road with my work this morning, and trying to get this problem resolved is taking a huge amount of time. Wyndam Rewards says I have to contact Days Inn Customer Care to file a case to try and get my points back. I've been on hold with them for about 30 min so far... This has been an incredibly frustrating experience.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My two sons and I spent five nights at the Days Inn during July of 2012. There were three things that really stood out for me: 1) The room smelled good; 2) it was HUGE; 3) even though it is right on a major road and was filled to capacity while we were there, it was QUIET. The property is surrounded on three sides by a large hedge, with a wooden privacy fence at the back, blocking out city noises. The rooms must be sound-proofed, because I never heard a peep from the ones above and beside ours. The manager, Sam Parigi, was very friendly. I discovered in the course of our conversations that he has only been managing this facility for about a year, and it is apparent that he is intent on making improvements. Our bathroom had recently been remodeled, and most of the furnishings in our room were new. We got the last available room, which I have to assume was the worst unit they had, and it was still great. The driveway/parking lot had been redone recently, as well, and it looked like the lobby was also redecorated. It was a great value, and a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Enjoyed the spacious room. The refrigerator didn't work but management let me use the office refrigerator, so no problem there. The swimming pool looked like it would have been nice, though I didn't bring a swimsuit and thus couldn't use it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a comfortable stay in a couple of rooms which I don't believe could have been refurbished as the paint was peeling off the bathroom wall ,shower mixer tap was missing a portion, the carpets were wrinkly and there were gaps in the underlay making for an uneven floor covering.
On the plus side:
1) It was cheap for the location,
2) the beds were very comfortable, there was a range of pillows on the bed so I could choose a flat one which I like,
3) the room cleaning service was unobtrusive and the room was clean (though shabby as mentioned above)
4) the location is great and set back down a drive from El Camino Real (a major road) so that the whole facility was surprisingly peaceful. There didn't seem to be a lot of other guests, so that also contributed to the peace.
5) The pool is centrally located and little used.
6) Approx 200m walk away is a Target (clothes and food).
7) The streets to the southwest are tree-lined and leafy and good for going for a run.
On the minus side:
1) The breakfast is extremely basic (Pastries, bread/toast, coffee/tea/juice cocktail, cornflakes and another cereal and some microwave porridge sachets). There was fruit on only one day of five that we stayed. The bowls are not microwave safe (they melt and distort) so it's not possible to microwave the porridge.
2) The front desk has rather unsmiling people on duty at times and the atmosphere is sometimes not the usual American helpfulness and 'can-do' attitude but rather a faint antagonism to guests (It is difficult to like a place when you feel the staff dislike you!).
3) The pool has no lock on the gate, and the door handle on the pool gate was taped up with sellotape. The pool itself is pleasant, but closes at 6pm so that the pool can be treated with chemicals, this means that the pool can't be used at the time of day when it is most pleasant to be there.(I don't know why the management can't change the time it is treated to 9pm or later). 4) The facility has two levels. We were on a lower level and the footsteps of the person in the room above transmitted loudly through their wooden floor.
5) The facility was not well cared for - there were cigarette butts on the pathway by the gym which didn't get cleared up the whole time we were there and the gardens, especially near the street, looked neglected.

Overall I was disappointed that a facility with so much potential in terms of location was not better presented and that the reception staff were not more of an asset to the place, but we slept well and stayed quite cheaply for the area and the kids were happy with the pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Redwood City? Share your experiences!