“I'd definitely stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Redwood City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2650 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94061   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Houston, Texas
“I'd definitely stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I lived here for more than six weeks during a work assignment. We were surprised that such an affordable place in an otherwise expensive part of the Bay area could be so comfortable. It’s not fancy, certainly, but it is tidy and comfortable. The motel employees were helpful, and Sam and Kumar at the front desk were professional and very kind. Next time I need a place to stay on the peninsula, I will be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

Tv not working, hot as hell. If I wasn't working up here I would leave right away. Parking lot empty but no other rooms are available. This sucks

• Stayed June 2011
Oroville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have never stayed at a hotel where you can see MOLD growing all over. This place was dirty,smelled very bad....He would not refund our money, so the lady gave us another room,guess what MOLD.....I had to sleep at my other son hospital room....Dont risk your life...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Redwood City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Unbelievably bad experience here. I live local to this place and thought it might work out for some family members that were coming in from out of town. I booked the room a month ahead of time. Being local, rather than book online or over the phone I decided to book in person. I asked for a confirmation number but was told I didnt need one. The trip goers wound up having to cancel, so I called the hotel to cancel the stay. I again asked for some kind of confirmation, but was again told that I did not need one.

Fast forward to me getting my credit card statement. Surprise! Even after canceling more than a month ahead of the actual booking date, they still want to charge me. I call to complain and they can't even find a record of me having a reservation! The next thing you know the guy is blaming everyone else under the sun for the problem. It's even my fault at one point! The guy starts quoting "Motel Laws" in regards to cancellations. Yeah buddy, I know the drill. I read the website: 24 hours notice is required. You had over a months notice. I turn up to complain further and am given another list of terrible, rude excuses.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps this was an unintentional mishap. I would be more than willing to believe this if they had given me my money back on the spot. But rather than do that, they now have another terrible review.

All I want is my money back, and guess what? They have to look into this and it's going to be 5-10 business days! Not good enough.

Oh dear, oh dear. How can you even run a business this way in this day and age?

Please, for the sake of your sanity, do not book into this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Modesto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Went to check out and no one was there to give receipt. They tried to charge more than was quoted for our pet and insisted it be cash. Got home and found a charge for an extra night on my credit card. Called about the over-charge and was told I had to get it from the travel agency. The travel agency was put on hold and disconnected several times. They were put on hold for over an hour at one point, at which time I was also on hold with the travel agency for that same period of time. Travel agency was told I would have to go to the bank to get charges reversed from my card.
The room was not up to par, by my standards by a long shot---little hot water, toilet needed to be unplugged, the carpet was dirty, the coffee pot had not been cleaned. It was a very unpleasant experience, to say the least!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Salinas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Don't stay here..plain and simple. The bathroom toilet came equipped with a plunger and I soon found out why. The toilet constantly stopped up. The water was barely lukewarm out of the sink. The bed was hard and the AC worked on a part time basis. Sleep was difficult as there was an obviously drunk man screaming at his wife down the hall. Last but not least the coffee pot wasn't cleaned from the last guest. Dried grinds were in the urn and coffee was still in the pot. There was barely any toilet tissue on the roll and the cleaning personnel didn't put out a new one. Last, the online price said $5 a night pet fee. That was also the price quoted by the desk clerk upon checking in, and I was told it would be paid in cash upon checking out. I brought my 9lb dog along and when I checked out the guy told me it would be $10 for my dog. I told him both the internet price and the desk clerk's price was $5. He smiled sarcastically and said "she just works here...she doesn't know. My family owns this place." I told him I was not going to pay the extra money, plain and simple. And that I'd definitely warn others with my review of the place. He shrugged casually, and as I turned to walk out said in a loud voice "see you next time" with the same sarcastic grin. I believe that the ownership of this place will stop at nothing to get an extra 5 or 10 bucks from people upon checking out. They care nothing about repeat business. Please don't waste your money here. I'm a very frugal person indeed. But cheap isn't always good. Do yourself a favor and pay a few extra dollars to stay somewhere decent. You'll regret staying here.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

The owner welcomed us like we were valued repeat customers even though it was a first time. The location was set well back from the street and was a quiet haven for some weary travelers. The room was extra large and very clean and comfortable. The price was also very reasonable especially in the Bay area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Redwood City? Share your experiences!