“good food, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 240 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: Mexican
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

good food, good service

bay area
“Good Food and Good Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

Perfect spot to hang out with friends for lunch or dinner or after the movies. Restaurant is down the street from the movie theatres. My most recent visit was at 2pm on a Saturday and it was rather quiet. I was with a group of 6 and we ordered several combination plates (less than $10 for combo plate). One person ordered the burrito and it was huge. I split the combo with my spouse. I had the chicken burrito and my spouse had the carne asane burrito with rice and beans. My chicken was very tender and the burrito was just the right size. The server was very nice and continually checked to make sure we were ok. Restaurant has inside and outside dining. Decor is modern with a southwestern flare. We never felt rushed to order and the restaurant can hold a good number of large groups if the tables are put together. We had a great meal for a reasonable price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice colorful place. Live mariachis.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

Nice colorful place. Live mariachis.

“Good Margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

Good Margaritas

SF Bay Area
“Not the usual Mexican menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

This is a very friendly place in downtown Redwood City. I've been there a dozen times and have always had a good experience. If you really want standard Cal-Mex fare, you can get it here, but try the seafood enchiladas and the carnitas uruapan. Steamed veggies are available in place of rice and beans. The house margarita is so good that I've never ventured down the list of specialty margaritas. Entrees average about $10, and for that little money, they're very good indeed.