“Clean and comfortable - but” 3 of 5 stars

Sequoia Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   526 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94063   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
London, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable - but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly. However, I wouldn't consider that it offers the same value as others on my trip.

I had seen rooms on the internet the day before for $45+tax but when I arrived I was told the only room left was $55+tax and that the price difference was because it was a "different type" of room. This meant the total cost was more than $60. I could not see any difference between my room and the ones on the internet but there were signs in reception next day stating that the hotel was full. The Comfort Inn nearby would have been less expensive even with the extra fee for internet, but it was late and I did not know whether there were rooms there.

The price included "free internet" but it was very unreliable. The connection would only last for about 10 minutes before dropping out and it took up to an hour to get a connection again. I was disappointed that the internet was not really usable when I was paying quite a lot for the room.

There were also trains passing by (quite loudly) until at least 1:30am and the hotel is a little in the middle of nowhere with only a few fast-food restaurants nearby - perhaps I was not walking in the right direction. When I consider that I paid less for a hotel in San Francisco - in a good location with lots of restaurants and attractions nearby, and reliable internet - I question the value of this one.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)

Been to Sequoia Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sequoia Inn

Address: 526 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94063
Location: United States > California > Redwood City
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Hotel Class:2 star — Sequoia Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sequoia Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sequoia Hotel Redwood City

If you own or manage Sequoia Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.