“Very good for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Sequoia Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   526 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94063   |
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Redwood City
Palo Alto, California
“Very good for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This place is very good for the price. The room is large. The bathroom was clean. Everything was working. The only problem was that I had to turn on six lamps to get adequate lighting. The cable TV worked fine. The bed was comfortable. I had to turn on the heater which worked OK. The place was clean and the shower had nice and strong flow. The owner was kind and he let me stay for an extra day without any problem. It has a convenient location. Starbucks and convenience store almost next door. Fedex Office also almost next door. Bus stop a few meters away. It's on the main road-El Camino Real, and Safeway is about 15-20 minutes walk and so is Caltrain station Redwood City (at back of Safeway). The only other problem was I was cold at night as the blankets were a bit thin and I had to wear a parka to bed. The sink plug is a bit tight and it takes a while for water to drain. Really recommend it for the solo lady traveler who doesn't have a car. The internet connection worked most of the time but was slow (1 MBPS) even though I got the hotel's username and password. Today for some reason it was fast (5MBPS). You can also go to Starbucks nearby for Internet but the cafe closes at 7pm. I liked it so much I canceled my booking at another nearby hotel and extended it for another six days. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I think the second floor rooms are nicer. They get more light. The TV remote control doesn't wor...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly. However, I wouldn't consider that it offers the same value as others on my trip.

I had seen rooms on the internet the day before for $45+tax but when I arrived I was told the only room left was $55+tax and that the price difference was because it was a "different type" of room. This meant the total cost was more than $60. I could not see any difference between my room and the ones on the internet but there were signs in reception next day stating that the hotel was full. The Comfort Inn nearby would have been less expensive even with the extra fee for internet, but it was late and I did not know whether there were rooms there.

The price included "free internet" but it was very unreliable. The connection would only last for about 10 minutes before dropping out and it took up to an hour to get a connection again. I was disappointed that the internet was not really usable when I was paying quite a lot for the room.

There were also trains passing by (quite loudly) until at least 1:30am and the hotel is a little in the middle of nowhere with only a few fast-food restaurants nearby - perhaps I was not walking in the right direction. When I consider that I paid less for a hotel in San Francisco - in a good location with lots of restaurants and attractions nearby, and reliable internet - I question the value of this one.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Sequoia Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sequoia Inn

Address: 526 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94063
Location: United States > California > Redwood City
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Redwood City
Hotel Class:2 star — Sequoia Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sequoia Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sequoia Hotel Redwood City

If you own or manage Sequoia Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.