“Great spot on Friday at 6” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 240 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: Mexican
Redwood City, California
“Great spot on Friday at 6”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Even though the place was too warm inside, it was nice to be seated and enjoying a good meal with the music playing on the square. The chips were very good but the salsa a little too hot for me. The food was nicely presented and the service was outstanding, from the waiter to the busboys. My dish of 2 enchiladas with the mole sauce and the cheesy sauce was like a beautiful picture. It could have used some greens on the plate though. The mole was good and the cheesy sauce was delicious. The sea bass on spinach was different, not great but a unique taste. Overall a busy place with a hustling crew and a pleasure to eat there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Redwood City, California
“A new good restaurant in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

10 of us went to dinner here last week, and all 10 were very happy with their meals. Good portions, nicely served,and the food was very good, I had the crab enchilada, and it was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We just happened in. Loved the space and beautiful bar. Wait staff was friendly and engaging. They knew how to serve a Margarita"up" and the mole was as good as I've had anywhere this side of Pueblo

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Redwood City, California
“"Delicious Mexican food, great location"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our second time eating here. We ate here not long after it first opened. Then the food was good but service was slow. Tried it again on a busy Friday night after the popular downtown "Music on the Square." We made a reservation this evening for a party of seven. Arrived and the place was bustling. We were seated within about 10 minutes of our reservation time. Our waiter promptly brought water, chips and salsa all around. The chips are very light, not salty. There are 3 different salsas presented and all are quite good. We did not order appetizers this evening. Our entree meals arrived very promptly. My husband had a mole poblano,chicken mole. The mole was very tasty, the chicken was a little dry though. I ordered the house tortilla soup as my entree. I was asked if I wanted a half surviving as this bowl is particularly huge. I ordered the regular size and it was too much so I brought half home. The soup had excellent flavor and included fresh avocado and tortilla strips inside. It was very good and also filling. All members in our party enjoyed our meal. If you come in the evening, especially If you have a group, then I would recommend making a reservation. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Nice atmosphere and a little on the loud side but still able to have a conversation.

Visited June 2013
Redwood City, California
“One of the best in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place one day and stopped in for lunch. The hostess warmly greeted us and we received water and chips and salsas almost immediately. Three salsas, all very good and of various heat levels but not too hot for us gringos. The restaurant had been open for one week only and was notably uncoordinated with its service. The servers were very friendly and proud to serve their local cuisine. My husband enjoyed his enchiladas, one with Verde sauce and the other with red. I had the flavorful shrimp enchiladas. In our opinion, if the enchiladas are this good, the rest of the menu is probably even better. The refried black beans were terrific. We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013