“Good value, convenient location in business area” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Good value, convenient location in business area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The "suites" are more like large rooms with a kitchenette area, but they're clean, well furnished and good value. The location has good access to 101 but there's not much of interest in the immediate vicinity. There's no restaurant on-site but there are a few choices in a nearby mall within a few minutes walk which also has a supermarket if you prefer. The hotel itself doesn't have a lot of facilities, but the staff were friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor can be overlooked. Higher floors offer better privacy
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for just over 3 months, was very pleased, beautiful location, clean rooms, and great staff. If you want to stay somewhere "homey" away from home this is the place for you. I actually hated to leave.

Room Tip: great safe walking/running path around inlet behind hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TPS-Redwood_City, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. It certainly was our pleasure to have you as our guest over the past 3-months. We hope you'll come back to see us again.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel from Apr 18th to May 8th in 2014. It is a very niec place. it is next to a small airport so i could see small planes landing , taking off from my room window. Trail behind the hotel is a heaven for morning walk.
I liked the room, its size and kitchen possibiilty to cook small food if required. very very friendly staff.
Highly recommended !...

Room Tip: Airport view room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

A fine place to stay. Feels very safe. Staff are friendly. Excellent access to the walk on redwood shore way. Rooms are clean and tidy. Housekeeping very efficient. Breakfast is adequate. Lots of parking. small on site gym but there is free access to a much bigger gym which is just next door. All in all a decent place to stay. I will return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

At first sight, the hotel looked good, but it's not suitable for a business trip. I stayed there for 4 days and I would not go there ever again.

Breakfast was terrible (it makes the Ibis hotel seem like a 5*): bad coffee, cold boiled eggs in plastic bags.. The only thing I could eventually eat in the morning were some cereal (I just ate them like snacks) and bananas. There is no restaurant at the hotel. This hotel is intended for long term stays and for people who want to cook for themselves in the room (there is a kitchen in the room), not for people who would like to stay for a week and enjoy a decent meal at the hotel restaurant.

The bathroom was not so clean or well maintained. The shower products were not such good quality.

The walls are so thin and crappy that you hear everything that is going on around you. It was good I was still jet-lagged and so I could fall asleep immediately in almost any condition.

After deciding to check out one day earlier (as I couldn't stand it anymore) I was informed that I had to pay an extra charge per day which brought the final invoice to the same value of the initially planned stay (they just charged one day extra). I was happy to pay and leave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TPS-Redwood_City, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello Ms. Ioana B.,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. While I would certainly rather hear that you enjoyed your stay, we definitely appreciate hearing about any disappointments as well, so we may strive to improve our guest experience.

I understand that you were disappointed with our breakfast, and that we do not have a restaurant. You are correct, in that our brand was designed to offer more residential style accommodations for extended-stay travelers (i.e. a kitchen in each room so guests may do their own cooking versus offering a restaurant). With that in mind, our breakfast offering is admittedly limited; cereals, hard boiled eggs, Greek and regular yogurts, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, apples, bananas, coffee/tea/hot chocolate, juices, etc.

You mentioned that your bathroom was not cleaned or maintained well, so I would definitely like to review the matter with the appropriate staff but could not find a reservation with your name in our records. May I ask if your reservation was under another name or if you could tell me your arrival/departure dates and what your room number was?

I regret that you did not enjoy the Paul Mitchell bath amenities. I would be happy to pass on any suggestions you may have for alternate products to our brand leaders.

I am very sorry you were able to hear excessive noise from other guests. If given the opportunity to serve you again as our guest, I will do my best to provide a top floor room to eliminate noise from anyone above as well a room in a more quiet location (i.e. end of hallway, corner room) to minimize noise from guests beside you.

Lastly, regarding the early departure and applicable rate change... our rates are discounted based on length of stay (i.e. 1-4 nights, 5-11 nights, 12-29 nights and 30+ nights). So while it is true that shortening one’s length of stay may result in a higher nightly rate to reflect the actual length of stay, I would be happy to review your account just to be certain that any adjustments were done correctly.

As I mentioned, if given the opportunity to serve you again I will do my best to ensure a better experience and would be happy to have you contact me directly so I may personally assist with your accommodations.

At the same time, I realize we may not be the hotel best suited to meet your needs, as we do not have a restaurant for example. Thankfully, Marriott does offer a variety of hotel brands designed to meet the needs of different types of travelers. So if TownePlace Suites is not your hotel of choice, I hope we may be able to serve you at another Marriott property the next time your travels bring you to Redwood Shores.

Bridgette C. Burns
bridgette.burns@marriott.com
Delta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The front desk staff seemed disinterested in his job. I requested a hotel on an upper level, but was given a room on the ground floor. When I asked if it could be changed, he said no they were full up. I know that people checked in after we did.

This is is an older hotel that has been remodeled. Some of the décor is out-dated, for example the carpeting is red and gold pattern, but the walls were painted a soft yellow and green. (Think about 1955) That said, everything appeared to be clean. The kitchenette had apartment sized appliances which we found convenient. (fridge, dishwasher, stove, microwave.) There were four of everything in the cupboards and drawers (i.e. plates, cutlery, etc.) There were lots of cupboards and drawers for storing our things. The desk was well-lit, but I found the chair a little uncomfortable. (Probably because it was designed for a taller man and I am a petite lady.)

I found the bed to be rather uncomfortable. It is much too soft and should be replaced!

All in all...this place was okay. I've slept in worse hotels, but it still wasn't my favourite place to stay. If you are looking for clean and relatively inexpensive, this suits the bill okay. Just don't expect anything fancy or a warm welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor, but no guarantees that you will get it. We didn't.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

A fine place to stay. Very clean. Friendly staff. Felt very safe. Had a standard room but it was a good size. Nice breakfast -self service but fine to get going. Beds very comfortable. Very nice walk behind the hotel. Walking distance to some restaurants. A better than average place to stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores? Share your experiences!