I travel from Phoenix to Palo Alto every three weeks for treatment at Stanford University Medical Center. All that traveling is pretty pricey, so I'm always trying to find places that are inexpensive, yet not totally grungy; I was beginning to think that was an impossibility within the 10-mile radius of Stanford. Believe me, this is my 8th trip out here since April and I've never stayed at the same place twice. I have experience in cheap motels... ha ha
The location - right down the street from Downtown Redwood City, which has a ton of cute restaurants and shops. Whole Foods and Trader Joes are close, too.
The bed and bedding - there was no janky bed spread to be thrown on the floor, but a nice sheet/duvet/sheet combo, with nice pillows.
The coffee machine at the free continental breakfast makes espresso!
The room smelled a little bit, but i'm beginning to think that's a cheap motel necessity.
Gosh, I can't think of anything else. I was pleasantly surprised.
I think I've finally found the hotel for me! The price-to-quality ratio is pretty balanced and I'm not running to get out of the room in the morning hoping the smell doesn't stick to me. I recommend this hotel if you are on a budget, but still like comfortable lodgings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the peaceful environment of Redwood City. Twenty-five minutes from downtown San Francisco, this pleasant community lies on the Bay Area's West Peninsula, adjacent to Stanford University and Silicon Valley. Redwood City is home to the pine forest of Huddart Park, a mountainous preserve which offers visitors a relaxing and picturesque setting for hiking and picnicking. Walking down Redwood City's cobblestone Main Street, one is able to get a taste of San Francisco style, while actually being in a quaint and small town. Cafes, novelty shops, and fine restaurants coupled with beautiful natural surroundings are the elements of charming Redwood City that will truly enhance your stay here. Your stay at the BEST WESTERN Inn is sure to be a memorable one in this picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Redwood City
- Best Western Redwood City
- Redwood City Best Western