“We loved it and we'll be back” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Pensilva, United Kingdom
“We loved it and we'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We loved this hotel everyone was really helpfull and nice to my family. We were trying to avoid this place because of the reviews but we got a really nice sorprise since everything was clean and people were helpfull. We will defenately be back when we come to the area.. Keep the great work up guys..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sebastopol, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

This place was clean enough and the room was large, but boy was it dreary. No amount of fake flowers can alleviate the darkness (decor in dark shades of brown, etc.) and dreariness of this place. It really gave me the creeps. I always have a hard time with hotel beds and almost never get any decent amount of sleep, but this mattress had me temporarily crippled by morning. I do a fair amount of traveling and only once did I have a worse experience bed-wise. This place is probably okay, but personally I couldnʻt wait to get out. The restaurant next door is excellent, though. That made up for a lot.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott near the San Mateo Convention Center if you need to stay south of S.F.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I travel a lot and I stay at this location about once a month while visiting the home office. The location is excellent -- it is just down the road from Caltrain, is within 2 minutes of Highway 101, and there are many food options nearby in San Carlos and Redwood City. The facility itself is clean, comfortable, and most importantly safe. The rooms aren't the types of rooms you might find at a place like the Westin or Fairmont, but they are clean and comfortable. The sink area, toilet, and shower (bath and shower combo) are clean and well maintained. They seem to refresh the carpets every year or two also (I have stayed here a long time! I know!), so those are nice as well. The pool is clean and well maintained with a nice grassy area to look at. I have never had any problem getting the room I want or good rates, both are trivial via their website.

Re the breakfast, it is standard motel muffins and toast, like most places in the US. There is a "Stacks" restaurant on the same property that is open for breakfast and early lunch should you want something more substantial. Their prices are good and the meals are large.

The management here are great as well. I'm one of "those" who is almost always late to check out and they are very polite when they ring me up to ask me to get out of the room and they are still polite once I get around to getting down to the office to check out. :-)

I came onto here to check some messages that a few other TripAdvisor people had left me and decided to review. I was interested and surprised to find a few negative comments about this place. There aren't many clean and nice places like this on the Peninsula (again, I've stayed at almost all of them) so that leads me to believe that some people are being overtly picky!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Merced, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Have to say this is my first time giving a two star, feel kind of bad but I truly didn't enjoy it much. So stayed here one night from bidding. Otherwise woulnd't have picked this hotel.

The area / location was fine, but inside the room wasn't. Step into the room and it was HOT! Thermostat wasn't working so have to turn on air-con manually. Room was dated too. Those were actually not the problem except, it's just not clean (to me).
Found hairs on the bed, and not just one but some. Just when I thought at least the bath looks spotless, hairs everywhere again. Those are not the ones that are very visible, true, but stil, I can see those without my glasses on so were visible, especailly to me. Also couldn't get on to the internet although password was provided. The only stronger signal had a network name called " starwar virus" (or something virus) - I wouldn't want to get connected to that!
There was not much of services exist except check-in and out.

Overall,will not stay again.

Room Tip: Don't get a 2nd floor room in summer - HOT
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

First, the good stuff: Room was large and clean, bed was comfortable. Free WiFi.

Now, the bad:

The room was at the front of the hotel, and the combined noise of the road outside plus the CalTrain tracks 50 yards away made sleep a near-impossibility.

The room also smelled slightly funny - couldn't identify it, but it wasn't pleasant.

The door didn't shut completely - it was secure, but still slightly open, which meant any noise in the corridor outside seemed very loud.

The breakfast (such as it was - bread, bagels, yoghurt, coffee and orange-flavoured-definitely-not-juice) was served on paper plates with plastic cutlery in the hotel lobby.

After the first night, the manager (I presume) asked how my room was. I told him it was very noisy, to which he replied "Yes, that's at the front of the hotel.". No offer to change rooms or an apology.

I pre-paid for 4 nights with lastminute.com. After the first, I rang them to see if there was any chance of getting my money refunded for the remaining nights. He spoke to Travelocity, who said no. Not surprising, given it was a non-refundable booking, but still a bit disappointing.

After the 2nd night, I decided I couldn't take any more, and left to stay in the Marriott in San Mateo, even though I couldn't get a refund for the final 2 nights.

Interestingly, the girl on reception said that Travelocity hadn't contacted them about a refund...

Anyway, if you can get a room at the back of the hotel, aren't fussed about breakfast and can get a very good rate, this place is probably OK. Otherwise, avoid.

Room Tip: Essential to get a room at the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Forgot my jacket in the room. They shipped it to me in Canada at their own expense. The hotel otherwise is nicely situated with lots of restaurants and amenities nearby. Only caveat is that the CAL trains are nearby.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Fresno, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Our room was quite nice, it was really clean, had 2 comfortable double beds, desk, tv, microwave, coffee, tea, fridge, free wi-fi, cable, iron, hair dryer, and all the bathroom amenities you would need. We also had a tub which we loved! Not a super fancy place but very comfortable.

They have a computer and fax/copy machine off the lobby for guest use.

Plenty of restaurants/shopping near by, Stacks, located adjacent to the hotel has wonderful breakfasts and lunches. (although parking is shared with the hotel, after 2pm there is plenty of parking) Although, the hotel also has a great continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30 am if you prefer. Pretty much something for everyone, make it yourself waffles, pastries, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit, juices, coffee, tea - all kept stocked and fresh!

The pool was sparkling, nice and clean... too bad the weather was so rainy :{ it looked very refreshing.

The soda machine had a different item to choose from- the very last choice was
"can't decide" - lol ( I was tempted to get it)
A short walk away is a 7-11 for other treats and needs

Even though we arrived quite early, (our reservation from a 3rd party (priceline) wrongly showed a 12 pm check in) Check in is actually at 3 pm, the staff graciously accomodated us and found us a ground floor room. From there we were headed to Stanford hospital to visit a close friends daughter who has been very ill, the staff gave us great directions that were super easy to follow. They also suggested some nice places that we could go relax , talk and eat with our friends afterward.
When we left to go back home, we were even given bottles of water and granola bar. What a great place to stay, we felt like part of the family!

The property doesn't wow you from the street, but once you set foot in the lobby the staff will. We would definitely stay here again!
The only not so great thing we saw was their snack machine-small countertop one with few selections off of the lobby

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!