I travel a lot and I stay at this location about once a month while visiting the home office. The location is excellent -- it is just down the road from Caltrain, is within 2 minutes of Highway 101, and there are many food options nearby in San Carlos and Redwood City. The facility itself is clean, comfortable, and most importantly safe. The rooms aren't the types of rooms you might find at a place like the Westin or Fairmont, but they are clean and comfortable. The sink area, toilet, and shower (bath and shower combo) are clean and well maintained. They seem to refresh the carpets every year or two also (I have stayed here a long time! I know!), so those are nice as well. The pool is clean and well maintained with a nice grassy area to look at. I have never had any problem getting the room I want or good rates, both are trivial via their website.
Re the breakfast, it is standard motel muffins and toast, like most places in the US. There is a "Stacks" restaurant on the same property that is open for breakfast and early lunch should you want something more substantial. Their prices are good and the meals are large.
The management here are great as well. I'm one of "those" who is almost always late to check out and they are very polite when they ring me up to ask me to get out of the room and they are still polite once I get around to getting down to the office to check out. :-)
I came onto here to check some messages that a few other TripAdvisor people had left me and decided to review. I was interested and surprised to find a few negative comments about this place. There aren't many clean and nice places like this on the Peninsula (again, I've stayed at almost all of them) so that leads me to believe that some people are being overtly picky!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the peaceful environment of Redwood City. Twenty-five minutes from downtown San Francisco, this pleasant community lies on the Bay Area's West Peninsula, adjacent to Stanford University and Silicon Valley. Redwood City is home to the pine forest of Huddart Park, a mountainous preserve which offers visitors a relaxing and picturesque setting for hiking and picnicking. Walking down Redwood City's cobblestone Main Street, one is able to get a taste of San Francisco style, while actually being in a quaint and small town. Cafes, novelty shops, and fine restaurants coupled with beautiful natural surroundings are the elements of charming Redwood City that will truly enhance your stay here. Your stay at the BEST WESTERN Inn is sure to be a memorable one in this picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Redwood City
- Best Western Redwood City
- Redwood City Best Western