“Pre-paid for 4 nights, left after 2. Poor.” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
London
“Pre-paid for 4 nights, left after 2. Poor.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

First, the good stuff: Room was large and clean, bed was comfortable. Free WiFi.

Now, the bad:

The room was at the front of the hotel, and the combined noise of the road outside plus the CalTrain tracks 50 yards away made sleep a near-impossibility.

The room also smelled slightly funny - couldn't identify it, but it wasn't pleasant.

The door didn't shut completely - it was secure, but still slightly open, which meant any noise in the corridor outside seemed very loud.

The breakfast (such as it was - bread, bagels, yoghurt, coffee and orange-flavoured-definitely-not-juice) was served on paper plates with plastic cutlery in the hotel lobby.

After the first night, the manager (I presume) asked how my room was. I told him it was very noisy, to which he replied "Yes, that's at the front of the hotel.". No offer to change rooms or an apology.

I pre-paid for 4 nights with lastminute.com. After the first, I rang them to see if there was any chance of getting my money refunded for the remaining nights. He spoke to Travelocity, who said no. Not surprising, given it was a non-refundable booking, but still a bit disappointing.

After the 2nd night, I decided I couldn't take any more, and left to stay in the Marriott in San Mateo, even though I couldn't get a refund for the final 2 nights.

Interestingly, the girl on reception said that Travelocity hadn't contacted them about a refund...

Anyway, if you can get a room at the back of the hotel, aren't fussed about breakfast and can get a very good rate, this place is probably OK. Otherwise, avoid.

Room Tip: Essential to get a room at the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Forgot my jacket in the room. They shipped it to me in Canada at their own expense. The hotel otherwise is nicely situated with lots of restaurants and amenities nearby. Only caveat is that the CAL trains are nearby.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Fresno, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Our room was quite nice, it was really clean, had 2 comfortable double beds, desk, tv, microwave, coffee, tea, fridge, free wi-fi, cable, iron, hair dryer, and all the bathroom amenities you would need. We also had a tub which we loved! Not a super fancy place but very comfortable.

They have a computer and fax/copy machine off the lobby for guest use.

Plenty of restaurants/shopping near by, Stacks, located adjacent to the hotel has wonderful breakfasts and lunches. (although parking is shared with the hotel, after 2pm there is plenty of parking) Although, the hotel also has a great continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30 am if you prefer. Pretty much something for everyone, make it yourself waffles, pastries, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit, juices, coffee, tea - all kept stocked and fresh!

The pool was sparkling, nice and clean... too bad the weather was so rainy :{ it looked very refreshing.

The soda machine had a different item to choose from- the very last choice was
"can't decide" - lol ( I was tempted to get it)
A short walk away is a 7-11 for other treats and needs

Even though we arrived quite early, (our reservation from a 3rd party (priceline) wrongly showed a 12 pm check in) Check in is actually at 3 pm, the staff graciously accomodated us and found us a ground floor room. From there we were headed to Stanford hospital to visit a close friends daughter who has been very ill, the staff gave us great directions that were super easy to follow. They also suggested some nice places that we could go relax , talk and eat with our friends afterward.
When we left to go back home, we were even given bottles of water and granola bar. What a great place to stay, we felt like part of the family!

The property doesn't wow you from the street, but once you set foot in the lobby the staff will. We would definitely stay here again!
The only not so great thing we saw was their snack machine-small countertop one with few selections off of the lobby

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

My father recently was a patient in Sequoia Hospital in Redwood City for nearly 2 weeks. During my father's previous hospitalization, my family and I had stayed at another extended stay hotel in the area and we again booked a stay at that hotel when my father needed to return to Redwood City for additional treatment. After only 2 nights at our previous hotel, we found the staff so unhelpful and inflexible that we asked the hospital for a new hotel recommendation. Guest services there recommended Best Western Inn and we are so glad they did! The staff at Best Western did everything they could to make our stay as comfortable and stress free as possible. They gave us a preferred hospital rate, accommodated our uncertain schedule through late check-out times and adding extra nights as needed, and were honestly concerned about my father's health. The continental breakfast had a wide variety of breakfast foods which saved us additional money and time. Whereas getting Kleenex at the other hotel was an impossibility, we were easily able at Best Western to get extra blankets and toiletries . They even had a basket of phone chargers for guests who had forgotten theirs.

Our visit was stressful due to my father's health issues. but our hosts at Best Western Inn gave us a safe, comfortable place to come back to each evening. For any other families of patients at Sequoia Hospital looking for a comfortable place to stay, I strongly recommend the Best Western Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel has recently been updated with new paint, carpeting,new bathroom fixtures . The bed is wonderful. Plenty of free parking. They have a free breakfast in the lobby area. There is a swimming pool, although it is not heated. I had forgotten my laptop power cord and the owner found one left by another customerand gave it to me at no charge.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I was impressed on how clean the hotel was when I came to visit Stanford University. The room was clean and spacious. I did not encounter any problems with this hotel everything worked fine. I slept well on the comfy beds; I also had the free continental breakfast . That too was was just fine as well. I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Nice hotel for short stay. Location is very nice and lot of restaurants near by. We stayed in hotel for a week and found it convenient for most of the things. Morning free included breakfast was nice.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!