“Very Friendly staff ,safe neighborhood serves a full hot breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Inn of Redwood City

You added Pacific Inn of Redwood City to your Saves list
Pacific Inn of Redwood City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2610 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94061   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Anaheim, California
“Very Friendly staff ,safe neighborhood serves a full hot breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very nice place. Very Friendly Staff. Nice neighborhood with store in walking distance like Target and Chuck E Cheese. Breakfast was quite surprising consisted of Bacon,Eggs,sausage, Pancakes ,waffles, fresh fruit, so much to choose from.We stayed for 2 days and did not eat the same breakfast twice. This place is a good place if you have kids. Rooms have all the amenities like ironing board and iron,hair dryer, coffee maker, electric stove,midrowave, fridge, this wood be an excellent place for a person on a business trip needing to stay for more than a few days. It even has a huge jacuzzi tub in room. Closest place to Stanford without having to pay Palo Alto prcing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let other travelers know about our hotel. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Many guests stay with us again and again because they enjoy all the amenities we have for the price.

We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pecatonica, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

And I do not mean like a church pew. Look at my pic. We looked down at the porta potties from the construction site. When we opened the windows the noise and smell were a problem. When we closed them, the AC could not keep up.
I know, a property cannot control what their neighbors are doing. I do not expect them to, but they were hardly trying hard on other counts. Their carpet in the halls should have been replaced years ago. The stairs were the worst and the hand rails were perpetually slimy. All the furniture was way past replacement. The breakfast selection was good but completely tasteless and cold. The exterior looks good, but the interior needs a total renovation.
It seems that the other reviews gave the staff high marks and thus the high rating. The staff was nice, but I did not spend my days with them. I spent them in the substandard room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
From my understanding, you are with the same party as the guest who wrote the previous comment. We take our guests' comments very seriously and took action immediately. We contacted the construction company with both reviews and they will be changing the location of the portable restrooms. We also had the janitor deep clean the railings in the interior hallway. The AC units were inspected and work great. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your concerns.
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

After searching the web for a cheaper place to stay near San Francisco, My husband found this place that had good reviews and was reasonable. Well, the exterior is very nice! Then we got our keys and went up one of the dirtiest semi-interior stairway. The rails were filthy! I HAD to wash my hand as soon as I got into the room. The room was decent. It had a king bed - (it was double sheeted - sheet, blanket, sheet!) but the carpet was dirty. I kept my flip flops on! There was a whirlpool in the bathroom. The toilet looked clean until you looked under the rim - mold was growing!! Since we were near the coast we were excited to open the windows and enjoy a real breeze. That is when the smell started. There was a construction site right up against our wall - we were on the second floor - the pot-a-potties were just below our window!!! And the NOISE all day long...so we closed the windows and the AC (on max) could not cool off the room. So disappointed!!!
There was a breakfast each morning. You had to get tickets at the front desk and hand them in before entering. So glad there were tables outside under a little tent - with lovely roses around. Wish our room could have been as nice!
Sad! Will NOt be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how we are doing. On behalf of the entire staff, we apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us. We know the construction site next door is unappealing and loud at times, however it is out of our control. As we all know, people are always building and repairing and there is little we can to stop this. The faulty AC unit could have been fixed or replaced had it been reported to our staff when you experienced it. We assure you if given another chance, we can make your stay a lot more pleasing.
Surat, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2-3 days and i enjoyed n had lot of fun. The service was excellent n the rooms were neat n clean and even the rooms were huge n big.Breakfast was gud n the most important part is Jacuzzi i love it....

Room Tip: i recommend to stay at this hotel n on the second floor......
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
It is terrific to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our guests seem to love the in-room Jacuzzi and the full hot breakfast as these amenities are rare to find for such a good price. Thank you so much for taking the time to let other travelers know about your positive experience at our hotel, and we hope to serve you again in the near future.
Tallinn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The personnel there was very rude and tried to secretly bill me for an extra day. They tried to hide the fact at first. When I asked to talk to the manager, they said that he is on vacation. I sent an e-mail but the staff must have deleted my complaint from the e-mail system as there was no answer.

In addition to that the staff constantly overpromised and was rude. Do not believe any verbal agreement there. They do not take responsibility of their mistakes, are rude with customers and are not suitable to work in this line of business. I overheard other clients with similar problems. The rooms are OK for the price if you do not mind the risk of getting cheated.

I strongly do not reccommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I apologize for the negative experience you had. Unfortunately, I was out of town and for some reason did not receive your e-mail even though no one else has access to my email except for me. If you would like we can still resolve this matter please contact me at pi.redwoodcity@gmail.com.

We do have a 24 hour cancellation policy as do most hotels in the world, this was the reason for the extra night's charge. However, there is no explanation for the way you were treated by our front desk personnel and I assure you proper action will be taken. As you may have noticed from other reviews, we strive to make our customers happy through cleanliness, maintaining affordable prices, and giving the guest the most for their money. Customer service certainly plays a big role in all of this, and again I apologize and hope to hear from you soon.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed it very well. The rooms were very clean and the staff were friendly and professional. Prices were very affordable and the stay was overall excellent. My family absolutely fell in love with the Jacuzzi in the room, and the rooms were absolutely wonderful. My entire family enjoyed the stay and we are definitely going to stay here again soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with other travelers. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything about your stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs again.
Atherton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had to move out of our house for a few days so that we could have our house fumigated for termites. This place was close an the price was right. It was a shame that we could not bring our dog but they do not allow pets. Poor guy had to be boarded.

The room that I had was huge and in the far back corner of the complex. The room was clean and had a full kitchen - although there are no pots and pans to cook with - so really can't use it unless you know in advance and bring your own. The Jacuzzi tub was nice to soak in after a long day at work.

The front desk rating ranged from very nice to sort of curt. It depends on who you end up dealing with. I never had the time to eat the free breakfast but my roommate did. He went one day at the end of the serving time and was told he needed to take his food to go so she could start cleaning, even though there were still be eating.

The place was very crowed with construction workers and the room next to my mom was very loud the first night with drinking and playing cards. Other than that, it was quite.

I'd stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PacificInn, General Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
It is wonderful of you to tell other travelers about your experience. Because our rates are so affordable, we cannot provide pots and pans with the kitchenette. However, as you saw we do have other wonderful amenities like the full hot breakfast and Jacuzzi tubs. Once in awhile we have guests who get a little noisy and we do all in our control to take care of the issue. If no one reports the noise, there is no way for our staff to know about it, so next time please call the front desk and we will take care of the issue. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Been to Pacific Inn of Redwood City? Share your experiences!