“A bit disappointed.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
ChesapeakeVA
“A bit disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The location is fine, close to downtown. The hotel does not have its own parking area, so you have to park your car at Public Parking area. This means you need to remember what the sign posted says...like what time you have to move the car for street or parking lot cleaning, or the car will be towed. The room was clean but it was just too small/tight for 2 persons. We reserved for 2 nights, but left after one night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Valerie -
Thanks you for taking the time to post your candid review about your recent stay (December) at the Pacific Euro Hotel. I am sorry you found the accommodations a bit small and the parking inconvenient. I hope that if you choose to try us again in the future you ask for me personally so we can try to get you in one of our larger rooms.

Ish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rolla, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 4 nights, my husband had some companies to visit in Palo Alto and Cupertino area and this was just under 20 minutes of a drive from each location. This was our first time living in a shared bathroom/restroom setting but there was no inconvenience there. We stayed in room 105 and the ladies room was right next to it. I only found it busy once and I used the bathroom down the hall. They were kept quite clean all the time. Rooms were quite clean as well. They were equipped with everything that one needs really, microwave, fridge, a study desk and chair, TV with great selection of channels, free wi-fi, lots of storage space. Bed was smaller than what you usually find in hotels but it would do for 2 medium built people. Perfect for a single person, 2 could adjust. It was very comfortable though. We used the maid service once and the maid was very thorough in cleaning - bed wasn't just made up, bed sheets and pillow covers were changed as well. They had good quality shampoo, conditioner, bathing gel in the bathrooms and smaller travel size bottles in the room as well. This is a perfect setting if you don't intend to spend much time in the room, I was mostly in the room working online during the daytime and felt quite comfortable.

There could be a couple of improvements though - it would be better to have curtains or curtain style blinds instead of the cheap roll up blinds. The carpet was very old and though it only covered a very small portions of the room but carpets always have that feel of being dirty and musty, doing away with it or replacing it will make people a lot more happier.

The manager was quite helpful, check in was fast, we just dropped the key cards while checking out since we left early in the morning.

They serve coffee, tea, orange juice in the morning (tea bags, creamer, sugar etc. is always there, fresh coffee and juice are served at 9).

Parking was not an issue, there is a huge public parking lot right at the back of the hotel. The parking is free from 6:00 PM - 10:00 AM and just 25 cents an hour for the rest of the time. It might be a bit tricky to find a parking spot if you arrive during 6-8 PM since there are loads of good restaurants around there and people tend to park their cars and walk to the restaurants. But all other times, there was no problem at all.

As I mentioned before, loads of good restaurants around - Italian, Mediterranean, Japanese, Indian, Thai, pubs, sandwich shops, pizza places. CVS pharmacy is walking distance for breads and cereal etc. A couple of really good bakeries are just a 5 minutes walk for breakfast or brunch. The old spaghetti factory was a real deal and a nice romantic place for dinner- 4 course meal for 2 for $32.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Amy - thank you very much for the glowing review. We really appreciate your taking the time to help other travelers make a decision. We also appreciate the candid feedback on areas where you think we could improve and we will certainly take those into consideration.

Willmar, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I needed a place for only 1 night and picked the right place! My room was small with a bathroom. It was all I needed. The place was quiet, neat and clean. It had a comfy bed, flat screen tv and internet access. There was a fridge in the room but I didn't need it. In the morning there was coffee in the office area. The manger was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There are rooms with or without bathrooms. Just make sure you have a room with a private bathroom i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the kind review. Happy we exceeded your expectations and we hope you will visit Pacific Euro Hotel in the future.

Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

As I entered the room, I thought it is so small that I can't even change my mind here. With two big bags and jetlag I dumped everything and dozed off too sleep and it is perhaps then I realised the firm mattress on a decent bed. Temperature controlled shower rejuvenated and I traipsed around the luggage and found my way outside the room to get some dinner. Though this place is surrounded by a variety of restaurants, almost every restaurant closes by 21:00 hrs, a pizza place at the nearby Fox theatre redeemed me.
Back to Hotel, beyond the small room and anochronistic looks, I started to appreciate the finer points.
First: Cost. Perhaps this is the only decent place availble in $ double figures.
Second: Location: Walking distance from Museum, Caltrain statiion, Wholefood and several great restaurants
Third: Great Wifi

Not a spoiler but an irritant: Motion controlled room lights. I had to work on desk and the motion controller, which was away from desk, would switch off the lights and I had to go til door, waive my hand and say hello to the detector before it would start again. And I must compliment Mr. Patel, manager, who as a roundabout, offered me a flashlight. Not much of help but the helpful attitude certainly helped me live through this irritant.

Probably would stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RGAAN - thank you for taking a moment to leave a review about your recent stay in Redwood City at the Pacific Euro Hotel. So happy you found the price and accommodations to meet or exceed your expectations. We certainly do hope you will choose us again in the future.

Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in a room with a bathroom. Very small room good for 1 but not for 2 IMHO, very comfy bed, clean, secure, close to restaurants. Thin walls, so bring earplugs. Room lights are on motion detectors, so night runs to bathroom can be blinding. Wifi, flat screen TV, adequate desk and chair; refrig too I think. Storage - minimal, with most of it over bed in awkward position. Great manager, very helpful and friendly. Large city parking lot in rear, $.25/hour; pay til 6pm and can leave car overnight. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Worth it to get a room with bathroom. Otherwise share a hallway bathroom with others on the floor. N...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Jeff -
Thanks for taking a minute to leave a review - we are so pleased you found the accommodations clean and comfortable during your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

A. Patel
Round Hill, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Okay, so you have to overcome some first impressions with this hotel. It is old, small, and can appear a bit sketchy at first. Don't let that fool you. The rooms are clean, the bed is comfy, and the staff are very friendly.

If you're looking for a budget price (i.e. within federal per diem) in the Bay Area; want a convenient location between SFO and San Jose; and don't want to stay in a Motel 6, then this is the place for you.

Redwood City seems to be undergoing a "rejuvenation" project. At first glance, it seems a bit run down. However, there are lots of good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and you have easy access to San Jose and San Francisco. (Under 30 minutes to San Jose; 15 minutes without traffic to SFO or Milbrae BART station.)

The only complaint I have is that the walls are paper thin - no question as to what the neighbors are doing ;-) I would certainly stay here again, though.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thanks for the extensive review of your recent stay. We appreciate you taking the time. You are right - Redwood City is in fact going through a rejuvenation of sorts and i think you will be pleased with what you see over the next few years. I am happy you found the location and price so convenient. We hope to see you again in the future!

A. Patel
San Mateo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was inexpensive for the area, but the room was extremely small with a Murphy bed for sleeping. The room smelled strongly of the deoderizer you smell in bathrooms; my clothes stored in a duffle bag near the floor ended up smelling the same way with just one overnight. On the plus side the location is great for Redwood City restaurants, theaters and movie theaters.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We will check the room for the strong smell you mentioned. Some of our rooms are smaller than others - on your next visit, please ask for the manager so I can help you with the different types available. I am happy you found the location to be convenient.

A. Patek

Been to Pacific Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!