“Great for Extended Stay and Low Budgets” 4 of 5 stars

Pacific Euro Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   868 Main St., Redwood City, CA 94063   |
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Redwood City
Davis, California United States
“Great for Extended Stay and Low Budgets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My experience here has been good. I have stayed 5 nights a week for the past 5 weeks and am about to finish my 6th and final week.

I got an internship in Redwood City and needed affordable housing because the commute is too far from Davis where I go to school. I spent months on craigslist looking for subleases and other options and scoured the internet for extended stay hotels. This has been THE BEST OPTION.

I reserved my first week on booking.com and explained my 6 week plan. The original price was $54 per night for their simplest room. I ended up upgrading to a room with a shower, which became $61 per night but so worth it. Going down the hall to use a toilet is a minor inconvenience.

I found the staff was very friendly and helpful. They locked in my original low price, helped with my luggage, and allowed me to have the same room week after week. The level of security is comforting, and most of the time I can park close by if I do so before 530 or after 11. The place is pretty well kept, and I have noticed improvements since I have been here.

It certainly isn't fancy, but you get what you pay for and the deal is amazing! Most extended stay hotels in this area are $1000 per week! Here, I pay a little under $350 per week and am only about 10 minutes from the big corporate area where I work. I actually get to keep some of my paycheck instead of spending double what I earn just to live here. Without this hotel, my internship would not have been affordable.

Room Tip: Lock in good prices early, use booking.com and other similar websites.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Audrey -

Thanks so much for the positive review and so happy Pacific Euro Hotel met your needs when staying longterm in Redwood City. Cleanliness, Safety, and a Friendly Staff are all areas we strive to exceed expectations and it sounds like we met our goal!

Should you have future travel plans in the Bay Area, we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Due to festivals and other events, rooms in both SF and Monterey were very expensive. We found this hotel in between for a normal price.
The room (I believe #228) was pretty small, with a queen size bed. Sat TV, Refridgerator and microwave present in room. Nice shower, all with clean marble walls.
A point of attention for guest and management: the matrass(es) need to be replaced soon. They are outworn; we rolled towards eachother and since it can get pretty warm/stuffy in the room, it's unconvenient. The A/C is centrally operated; the room itself has a silent fan.
It's easy to go to SF by train. The trainstation is just a 7 minute walk from the hotel and the train brings you in SF in about 40 minutes. Trains do not run very frequently though! In the evening, just once an hour.
Restaurant nearby that is not on TA but very notable is 'Downtown'. It's just 40 meter away from the very popular 'Vesta' restaurant which usually has long waiting times.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Masebok -

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review about your recent visit. So happy that you found Pacific Euro Hotel a nice alternative when travelling to the Bay Area. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Newhall, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Excellent accommodations and service with convenient access to numerous restaurants, shops and cafes, and free parking nearby. The very friendly staff made great suggestions for places to go and the best ways to get there. The room was clean, nicely designed and appointed, and quiet. Will definitely stay here again when I'm next in town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
JTAdvice -
So happy you found the Pacific Euro Hotel clean and convenient for your needs while you were in Redwood City. We look forward to your return visit.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Loved the Pacific Euro Hotel! My husband and I were in town looking for housing (already an expensive proposition in the Bay Area), and needed budget accommodations where we could rest up and plan our days of apartment hunting. The Pacific Euro Hotel was the perfect thing for us.

We chose an economy room with a shared bathroom -- ostensibly "hostel"-style, but much nicer than any youth hostel I've ever experienced. The private room was clean and well-furnished, with beautiful stone countertops, a its own sink (no need to walk down the hall to brush your teeth or wash your face), and strategically placed floor-to-ceiling mirrors that made it seem (almost) spacious. We loved the free wi-fi (it was plenty fast and reliable for Padmapper, Craigslist, and email, which were all we needed). We experienced a little bit of street and hallway noise, but it was not a big problem. (Maybe bring earplugs if you're a very light sleeper.)

Shared bathrooms were kept very clean and outfitted with beautiful marble and granite floors and walls. Key cards allowed 24 hour access to the hostel, and the proprietor was always friendly and helpful. Free coffee and orange juice were available at the front desk every morning. We loved this place, and will be recommending it to family and friends!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura - Thank you so much for the kind words in your review. We are happy your stay with us exceeded your expectations and hope you found the perfect apartment while staying with us - welcome to the Bay Area!

Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been staying here for one week and it is such a lovely place that you can ask whatever you wonder about the hotel or about the area. Staffs are very friendly and helpful, they always find a way to make you comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Yavuz - We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the glowing review and please be our guest in the future should your travels bring you to the area.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had to stay 1 month because of an internship and I chose this hotel because of the cheap price and the reviews and honestly it didn't disappoint.

The room aren't huge but very comfortable and efficient, very clean and the marble counters are really nice.

The staff is hands down the best I've seen in an hotel so far, Al the manager is very friendly and helpful and the rest of the employees are really nice too.

It is in a great location, the caltrain is at less than 10 minutes on foot, bars and really good restaurant all around, and a safeway just near the caltrain open until midnight. The room are surprisingly quiet given the location.

The internet is decent, not the high speed you would have at home but you can do most things you would do at home on an hotel's internet wich is rare.

This is a great hotel, not a luxurious one but a simple, efficient and friendly one, I wouldn't ask more for the price.

Cyril.

Room Tip: Get a room with a private bathroom
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cyril -
Thanks for choosing Pacific Euro Hotel on your recent stay in the area for an internship. So happy you found the accommodations met your budget and expectations. We appreciate the positive review and hope you will choose us in the future should your travels bring you to the area.

Athens, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me and my friend have stayed in this hotel for about a week, if you are expecting fancy rooms big rooms then look somewhere else, and you'll be back for this hotel for having a cheap and good rooms. San Francisco is expensive so if you want to have fun like me and my friend, we took all our cash on trip and adventures!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Freddy -
Thanks for the review. We try our best to keep the rates low, the rooms clean, and the staff friendly so cost-minded adventure travelers like yourself can enjoy their stay. So happy we were able to exceed your expectations.

Regards,

A. Patel

Been to Pacific Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!