“Good not-expensive hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   868 Main St., Redwood City, CA 94063   |
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
“Good not-expensive hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've stayed in the hotel in twice in March 2012 and in March 2013 and found it not expensive with great location right near downtown and close to the train station with very good personnel.
Rooms are clean with tv and wifi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thanks so much for your positive review - I am happy you found the location convenient and the rooms clean. We look forward to your next visits.

Al

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Pros:
1. Not expensive.
2. Good location - right in the downtown area and close to the train station.
3. Clean.

Cons:
1. It's pretty close to being a hostel. Many of the rooms seem to be shared bath, and even the ones with private bath seem to be very small. It seems pretty old, and the door key is not sensitive.
2. The wall seem to be very thin - I can hear the people in the next door talking and singing (!) all the time...
3. Only offers a thin blanket for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pacificeuro, Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hua G. -
Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay in our hotel. You are correct that in many ways we resemble a hostel type environment - one of the reasons we are able to offer such low rates. Please contact me personally next time you visit - we can certainly supply you with more blankets if you are chilly at night.

Regards,
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I really enjoy staying here during the week (working in Menlo Park). The staff is very gracious and it's a perfect little cozy place if you're in the area.

Lots of restaurants in the area. Fairly convenient to the freeway (101 or 208). Great staff!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
So happy you found our hotel convenient and cozy during your recent stay in Menlo Park - we appreciate the positive review and kind words and look forward to your return visit!

Placerville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

in the bay area with a friend, just tagging along, she found The Pacific Euro Hotel Redwood City. It just a sweet little place, nothing fancy, very clean rooms, yes its shared baths but you can spend more for your own bath... but the shared worked just fine for me. Cost was the real key. I will definitely use this hotel again when visiting the area. I did wake up a bit late and missed the coffee in the lobby, had I been more prepared I would have utilized the microwave and fridge. But location and cost just a real plus for this very costly area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
pacificeuro, Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words - so happy you found us and hope you will visit us again next time you are in the Bay Area!

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was hosted during 3 months in this hotel, everything was very good. I recommend take a room with bathroom. They are more expensive but are also bigger.
Recomiendo este hotel estuve tres meses, limpian dos veces a la semana, tienen internet gratis, frigorífico y microondas.

• Stayed December 2012
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Huerty - thanks so much for your kind review - we look forward to having you back on your next visit to the area.

Highland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

It was my pleasure to stay at this hotel the first week of the year 2013. I can say that all the previous reviews are indeed true, and the hotel lives up to expectations. I am a frequent traveler working for the airlines, and stay at hotels months out of the year. In all my travels, I can truly say that I had the best nights rest that I have had at any hotel. I will be a frequent return customer, and highly recommend this hotel. It is also in a great location as well with good food and entertainment close at hand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
DWHontheroad -
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good night's rest. Travelling on a regular basis and sleeping in different places and different time zones gets tiring, i'm sure! Please be sure to ask for me personally when you book your next reservation so i can make sure everything is to your expectations. We look forward to your return visit.

Al Patel
san francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I spent one night here and would return. My room was clean though small. My room was quiet and though not a place I would spend a lot of time, it was fine for my purposes (which was primarily a place to sleep) The bathroom had been updated with granite slab walls. The towels were pretty worn and the shampoo/soap amenities pretty minimal. The room had a microwave, old-style television, small refrigerator/freezer. There is no thermostatic control (that I could find,) which was a bit of an inconvenience since I would have liked the room to be a bit warmer during the night. I've been in much worse economy hotels.
The front desk person was friendly and helpful. I must admit when you first enter the hotel and see that there is protective glass/acrylic blocking off the lobby desk from where the customer stands, made me wonder. Also the front door is locked at 9pm (requiring your room key to enter) and no guests are allowed after 9 pm. Still, if this keeps things safe, that's okay.
The magnetic keycards are very finicky. The first card I was given did not work, the second one was fine and I was careful to make sure I kept it separate from my cell phone/credit cards. I asked for a second card so in case one card did not work, hopefully the second one would.
There is no elevator, but its only a two story hotel so not a big deal.
I enjoyed walking and finding a great restaurant right across the street. You are also within walking distance of a movie theater and a generally lively scene. Parking was a big hassle. There is a lot behind the building, 25 cents an hour between 10am and 6pm, free at other times, but it was packed and it took me 20 minutes to get a space.
Biggest concern for me was what if the key did not work when I got back to the hotel after dinner. But, my key did work so all was good.
Probably best for one person (and I am glad I got a room with a bathroom) but I think this is a good place to stay when you are trying to economize (the holiday inn express, for example, was twice the price.)

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room. I did and was happy with the room I received.