“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Conway, Arkansas
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were really impressed with the value of this hotel. It is a short drive from San Francisco and is close to some great restaurants and downtown shopping in Redwood City. We were looking for an affordable place to stay but weren't spending much time in our room. It met our needs well! The guy at the front desk was friendly and helpful and our room was very clean. There is a parking lot right behind the hotel in which free parking is offered for hotel guests. The rooms are small and there is no air conditioning, but we were only looking for a place to crash, so it suited our needs well. The weather is cool enough at night to where we could open the window and be totally comfortable. Our first night's stay was a Saturday night, which was rather noisy because the hotel is located downtown and there were a lot of people out and music playing loudly across the street. That is to be expected in the city and we were able to sleep well in spite of it. Because of the size of the rooms, I wouldn't recommend this location for a family with children. I also wouldn't have wanted to honeymoon there, but for a couple or individual that is looking for an easy place to sleep, this is a great choice! If we are able to visit San Francisco again, we will definitely look at staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Mandy -
I really appreciate your taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay at Pacific Euro Hotel. Your feedback helps others learn about our little "gem"! We hope you're be back soon.

Al

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I made this reservation on a gamble from Hotwire which would not show hotel info until after it was booked. I have been by this area several times and never noticed it. The manager was pleasant and informative. The rooms are smaller than chain hotels but very well appointed with granite and cherry wood surfaces. The room has no climate control but air is ducted in above the door. Very good value for a very clean room. No designated parking, but public lot behind is free after 6PM. I wished there was somewhere to lock up my bicycle.

Room Tip: check for room with own bath. Some rooms have community bath like dorms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I needed a place to stay close to my place of work for the last 10 days of my internship and I decided on Pacific Euro Hotel based on a friends stay earlier that summer. This is more or less a hostel so I'm not sure about the name but my stay was great.

The location of the hostel was excellent, it is right next to downtown and about a 10 minute walk to the Caltrain, SamTrams, and about a 5 minute drive to highway 101. There is also a large parking lot right behind the hostel, the parking lot only needs to be paid for between 10am and 6pm; outside of these times parking is free.

Once you have your room key, you have access to the hostel at any time during the day. The hostel is in a good part of town but still has excellent security - I felt safe staying there. There is also a bar/club or two nearby but I didn't have time to check them out.

Rooms come in two types, with or without a bathroom. I chose the latter and was a little apprehensive about the shared bathroom/shower on my floor but was pleasantly surprised at their availability and cleanliness. Regardless of type, each room comes with its own sink which is definitely helpful as you don't have to step out if you need water.

My room came furnished with a bed, tv, microwave, mini-fridge, and some shelves. All things were in great working order and the bed was extremely comfortable with different types of pillows available. The bed also can be flipped up and hidden to make more space if needed. Room service comes round once a week to clean up and change the sheets. Towels are also provided and more can be requested from the front desk.

Since the hostel is close to a main road, there can be some noise but it didn't bother me.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and definitely would stay again if I needed to. My only complaint was that my room smelled like buttered popcorn but this was easily remedied by opening the window for a bit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked this hotel for a week, hoping that i would find a place to stay in san francisco by then. After a week of no luck, i decided to book a different hotel close to SF to save some gas. After checking in at that hotel (much more expensive than pacific euro hotel), i just couldnt compare all the luxury i had at pacific euro to it. I quickly checked out and came back to Pacific euro hotel for another 4 days. Pacific euro came with a fridge, microwave, a tv, none of which are provided at other hotels. On top of all that, the staff is really friendly, and the price, you really cant find anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Redwood City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a summer internship, and I would definitely recommend it for future interns or anyone planning on staying for an extended stay. There were some slight hiccups along the way (ex. fridge needed cleaning, internet was slow at times), but Al, the manager, was accommodating and made sure things were taken care of in a timely manner. I had a European style room, which means you have your own bathroom, and it was very affordable. Also, the hotel is located very close to Caltrain, Safeway, restaurants, etc. After doing lots of searching for extended stay places in the Bay Area, I would say It's hard to find a place in a better location at a cheaper price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you very much for the rave review the hotel and myself thank you very much. Hope to see you again it was our pleasure to make your stay memorable.
Glendale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My fiance and I needed a reasonably priced hotel for the weekend for a concert we were seeing. The room was great. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It was a great place to stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I thank you and my staff thank's you it was our pleasure to make your stay enjoyable. Please don't forget to tell your friends about us.
Petersboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and in that time our room wasn't cleaned once by the maids. We had to keep using the same 2 towels every day. The bottom sheet of the bed wasn't fitted, and it would invariably come off no matter how I tucked it in, so I always spent the night sleeping on the bare mattress. There is no place to hang your clothes, and our room had a big hole in the middle of the floor where someone had dug up some tiles. The room was hot, the AC was supposed to come in from the hall through a little grill over the door, but it didn't work very well to keep the room cool. The first night we opened the window to cool it down, and a group of teenagers were talking loudly outside our room until 2 in the morning. Between the hot room and sleeping on a bare, saggy mattress, I didn't get much sleep. We would have gone to different hotel but everything was booked up for graduation. On the plus side, the room was clean and it was very inexpensive (55). If minor details don't bother you, and you want a cheap place, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Although we have housekeeping services every three days I'm sorry that this happened the matter has been addressed with the housekeeping staff. Please next time you are in town give us another chance to change your opinion.

Been to Pacific Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!