“Great value for location -- good for visits up to Bay Area” 5 of 5 stars

Pacific Euro Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   868 Main St., Redwood City, CA 94063   |
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Redwood City
Southern California
“Great value for location -- good for visits up to Bay Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I often have long distance commutes up to the Bay Area, and this place provides decent value for the price. Great location and conveniently located next to Caltrain. Looks like they're renovating some rooms.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I need to work at a job for weeks at a time. Rather than going to some extended-stay type hotel where you need a car and have to drive everywhere after work, I have found Pacific Euro Hotel to be perfect for my needs. When traveling, you are basically in your room to do late night email/work and sleep. Meals and entertainment are out. PEH right on Main a block or few away from Italian, Mexican, Thai, American, and Mediterraean food. Plus a cleaners, 20-plex movie theater, CVS drug store, Whole Foods, Post Office, and plenty of parking near by. Free WiFi and 'Al', the manager is great!

Room Tip: If you need sleep, do not take a room on the alley near Main street. A bit too much fun happening o...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Glad we can help accomadate you while you are in town for work I would also like to thank you for the review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011 via mobile

This place I's great for the price! The only thing that i did not like, I's the people that stand I'n front of the place.

• Stayed June 2011
It was nice having you here at the Pacific Euro Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank You for the review.
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

While the rooms were small, they were very clean (not sure how the previous reviewer found bed bugs) and had everything my girlfriend and I needed. It was a lot better than other places I've stayed and for almost half the price. The manager was great about letting us store some luggage and helping us with parking (there's a municipal lot right behind that only charges 25 cents per hour and you can pay for the whole day at once). It's near food, entertainment and really well connected to 101. Highly recommended for a cheap stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for your review. So glad you came and stayed with us hope to see you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is my first review for TripAdvisor and I'm doing this specifically for my August 2011 stay at Pacific Euro Hotel in Redwood City, CA.

Our hotel room definitely had bed bugs. My husband woke up at 3 am due to biting and itching sensations, shined a light on the mattress and saw the bugs. He squished one and it left blood marks, another tell tale sign of bed bugs. We also found bugs crawling in the towels. All together, we got 200 bites on our bodies.

We left the hotel around 4 or 5 am to head to the laundromat and there was no one at the front desk. We returned around 9am to check out and the clerk was very apologetic and said that this was the first he'd heard of bed bugs. I hope that's true and I hope that Pacific Euro Hotel takes all the necessary precautions with an exterminator, but I still felt obligated to share this with my fellow Trip Advisors since I use this service a lot.

If the bed bugs weren't an issue, I would say that the location, price, and management were above average.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you we have resolved the problem. Hope you give us another chance to make your stay pleasant..
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed here for 2 weeks and I must say it was well worth every bit. The room was clean and maintained. Fridge, microwave , shower, toilet and a sink. There are rooms their that do not have a toilet or a shower so you have to use the community ones down the hall. The Owner was a great guy and full of information about the surrounding area. Down town Redwood City is full of stuff to do. Friday nights there is concerts in the town square 2 blocks down and on wednesdays there is live jazz music right infront of the building for free. I saw 2 car shows there as well. Movies in the square too. Every thing you need all with in walking distance and the Cal train line is 2 blocks away so you could pay 5$ and get to san francisco in a hour or san jose. I highly recommend staying here if you a place that is reasonable and your not asking for too much. Parking was a breeze and super easy.

Room Tip: Best tip is to call and ask for a reservation then online. its easier to have your needs filled.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank You for staying with us and hope next time you are in town please come and stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011 via mobile

On our way to San Francisco with no hotel booked we stopped at the less intimidating Redwood City where we managed to find this great little overnight stay.$44 inc tax we had a double bed, sink, shower, microwave, fridge and internet connection! This room was without a toilet but the one we used was clean and only a few doors away. Extremely helpful service with a call to check we were happy with the room and if we needed anything was most appreciated. Great recommendation for food with the Thai restaurant across the road.
Overall cheap, friendly and clean which is all you need when a traveller on the go. Thank you Al.

• Stayed August 2011
I'm so glad you stayed with us and hope to see you next time you visit Redwood City just give us a call. Let all your friends know about this little gem.

Been to Pacific Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!