“Very relaxing and comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Good Nite Inn - Redwood City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   485 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City, CA 94063-1119   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
San Francisco, California
“Very relaxing and comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We stayed in a room with a King size bed and it was very comfortable. So much so that we actually stayed in bed resting for a whole day, and then ended up staying a second night.

Actually pretty friendly people working there too, didn't get anything but great energy from the staff, plus their local cabby was really fun.

The only thing that went wrong in the stay was the horrible cork screw that the liquor store down the street sold us. Ended up having to push the corks through.

Definitely a comfortable and happy place to stay. For some reason that's not something I generally feel from most inns.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Warrington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011 via mobile

Absolutely dreadful! I don't usually bother with comments on tripadvisor but this establishment is not worthy of being open to animals let alone human beings!

First night- ants crawling on our toothbrushes, in our underwear and in our shoes, spiders in our bed and clumps of dust behind the bed.

Second night- prank phonecalls in the early hours from a man claiming to be a taxi driver, luckily when my husband answered the phone it scared him off for a bit but then the calls returned resorting in us disconnecting the phone.

A complaint was made to reception and all we received was a blank expression, I strongly recommend this hotel be investigated by health and safety and to also improve their security system. Expedia will lose business if they continue to recommend this fleepit!

• Stayed January 2011
Temecula, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I have been coming here since 1997. Back then the rooms were decent and well maintained. It was clean. I stayed here once or twice a year since then. My last stay, which will be my last, was like living in squaller. The rooms were dirty, ants in the bathroom, and two of the four nights I was here the beds weren't made and the floors not vacuumed. Twice I would come home and find drunks sleeping in the corridors. The walls are paper thin and our toilet over flowed in the middle of night. Don't be fooled by the cheap rates. Whatever the rates are it is not worth it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I booked this room for the price, which was great. It's not worth it. Dirty, sketchy. Tweaker in the lobby, hanging out with the person behind the desk. Called ahead specifically to ask about HBO (True Blood season premiere), which I was told they had. Got here, and found out NO HBO, really only about 10 channels total. No mini fridge. The first room I was given STILL HAD PEOPLE IN IT! I opened the door to find the room was still occupied, perhaps off the books by employee's friends? $5/day for WiFi. GO ELSEWHERE!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
St Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Stayed twice in a two week period, attractive property,well maintained , attentive front desk-
Nick even called to check if I was happy with room,high level of cleanliness, everything in
proper working order. Beautiful landscaping. Asked for extra pillow and male attendant
brought two-to be sure. Also I stayed at other Good Nite locations,Salinas,San Diego,
Camarillo, all were very good,no concerns,good values. I have developed a high level of
confidence for this chain, since my approximate 6 stays in a two week period. Also posted signs to motivate clients to use some of their green conservation ideas.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
just_the_doctor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

The first night I stayed, I found it to be worth the price, but woke up with a really sore back,a and I thought I felt things on me. The next night, I was watching a movie, and again, felt things, maybe a spider? Then something wandered into the light, looked like a big flea, tured on the light and tons of little bed bugs were everywhere. Some clear, some not so clear, some had popped, it was disgusting. I don't know how I can sleep again, going to take a while to get over that. I had to sanitize all of my clothes, clean everything top to bottom. Then, I told the staff, and their was no reaction, just gave me a 25% off coupon, had it right their like they write them constantly, like I want to stay somewhere for a discount that I know is infested.... I am not an expert, but I don't see how it can be kept to one room, so be very wary. I did search the bed in the daylight and only found one bug, which I photographed. Nothing is in plastic and the box springs looked pretty bad.

My tip.. go to the fremont location, clean rooms and polite staff. It is only 10-15 minutes out depending on how you drive.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
GNIRWC, general manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
we take these claims very seriously and have investigated this complaint from all angles. First the room has been inspected the last two days for any evidence of bed bugs, or any bugs None was found. The staff here is trained as am i in exactly what to look for and what procedures to follow in the event of an infestation.All hotels at one time or another will have an event and in most cases the problem is easily solved. I do not understand why this complaint was only brought to the attention of the staff at the time of check out on the second day! I would think a request to move would have been made after the first night? or when "tons" of bugs were discovered.Management was never even asked for and certainly was available.
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

We stayed in this hotel with other group members. We feel the service was good and hotel stuff gave us a lot of help. Rooms were all right and we had a good stay here.

• Stayed December 2009
GNIRWC, general manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. It is always nice to hear good things about our team members,I will share your comments with them and let them know we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to northern Ca or any other Good Night Inn location. Again Thank You!

Been to Good Nite Inn - Redwood City? Share your experiences!