“This place has gone down hill. Practically a "flop" house” 1 of 5 stars

Good Nite Inn - Redwood City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   485 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City, CA 94063-1119   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Temecula, California
“This place has gone down hill. Practically a "flop" house”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I have been coming here since 1997. Back then the rooms were decent and well maintained. It was clean. I stayed here once or twice a year since then. My last stay, which will be my last, was like living in squaller. The rooms were dirty, ants in the bathroom, and two of the four nights I was here the beds weren't made and the floors not vacuumed. Twice I would come home and find drunks sleeping in the corridors. The walls are paper thin and our toilet over flowed in the middle of night. Don't be fooled by the cheap rates. Whatever the rates are it is not worth it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I booked this room for the price, which was great. It's not worth it. Dirty, sketchy. Tweaker in the lobby, hanging out with the person behind the desk. Called ahead specifically to ask about HBO (True Blood season premiere), which I was told they had. Got here, and found out NO HBO, really only about 10 channels total. No mini fridge. The first room I was given STILL HAD PEOPLE IN IT! I opened the door to find the room was still occupied, perhaps off the books by employee's friends? $5/day for WiFi. GO ELSEWHERE!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
St Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Stayed twice in a two week period, attractive property,well maintained , attentive front desk-
Nick even called to check if I was happy with room,high level of cleanliness, everything in
proper working order. Beautiful landscaping. Asked for extra pillow and male attendant
brought two-to be sure. Also I stayed at other Good Nite locations,Salinas,San Diego,
Camarillo, all were very good,no concerns,good values. I have developed a high level of
confidence for this chain, since my approximate 6 stays in a two week period. Also posted signs to motivate clients to use some of their green conservation ideas.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
just_the_doctor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

The first night I stayed, I found it to be worth the price, but woke up with a really sore back,a and I thought I felt things on me. The next night, I was watching a movie, and again, felt things, maybe a spider? Then something wandered into the light, looked like a big flea, tured on the light and tons of little bed bugs were everywhere. Some clear, some not so clear, some had popped, it was disgusting. I don't know how I can sleep again, going to take a while to get over that. I had to sanitize all of my clothes, clean everything top to bottom. Then, I told the staff, and their was no reaction, just gave me a 25% off coupon, had it right their like they write them constantly, like I want to stay somewhere for a discount that I know is infested.... I am not an expert, but I don't see how it can be kept to one room, so be very wary. I did search the bed in the daylight and only found one bug, which I photographed. Nothing is in plastic and the box springs looked pretty bad.

My tip.. go to the fremont location, clean rooms and polite staff. It is only 10-15 minutes out depending on how you drive.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
GNIRWC, general manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
we take these claims very seriously and have investigated this complaint from all angles. First the room has been inspected the last two days for any evidence of bed bugs, or any bugs None was found. The staff here is trained as am i in exactly what to look for and what procedures to follow in the event of an infestation.All hotels at one time or another will have an event and in most cases the problem is easily solved. I do not understand why this complaint was only brought to the attention of the staff at the time of check out on the second day! I would think a request to move would have been made after the first night? or when "tons" of bugs were discovered.Management was never even asked for and certainly was available.
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

We stayed in this hotel with other group members. We feel the service was good and hotel stuff gave us a lot of help. Rooms were all right and we had a good stay here.

• Stayed December 2009
GNIRWC, general manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. It is always nice to hear good things about our team members,I will share your comments with them and let them know we met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to northern Ca or any other Good Night Inn location. Again Thank You!
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

The rooms were accomodating and had comfortable beds. I requested two extra pillows and a housekeeper gave two pillows placed together one on top of the other. I seperated the two pillows, and I noticed large (6 inches)and wet blood stains on the undersides of the pillows. I took the pillows down to the front desk, and was given no apology from the woman behind the front desk, nor the housekeeper who had given my boyfriend and me the pillows. My boyfriend spoke to the manager, and the manager made several comments about how the housekeeper didn't know English, and gave my boyfriend no apology, nor any room comp. Do not go here.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
GNIRWC, manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this review, January 14, 2010
When I read this review today I was very surprised to say the least. an incident of this magnitude would have been brought to my attention and I certainly would have resolved the matter correctly.We have top quality pillows and linens on this property, wet blood stained pillows would be disposed of not put back in rooms!
idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

i have stayed at alot of hotels doing my job over the years. but this hotel was the best i have seen or had the pleasure of staying at.
the staff was relentless in providing info as to the area,to seee,do, visit and was great at directions to get where i was going.
the property was in great shape and the rooms were very cozy warm and comfortable.
if all the chain were as nie good nite inn would be a shinning spot of the hotel world.
thank you for helping and being the best i have seen

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Good Nite Inn - Redwood City? Share your experiences!