“Honest Folks” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   485 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City, CA 94063-1119   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
“Honest Folks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have been at the Good Nite Inn every two weeks for a while now. It's not a new hotel and there is some wear and tear, but it's clean and is a great value for the price. The staff is outstanding: very friendly and helpful. Silly me - I left my Amazon Kindle tucked under the bed cover last time I was here as I rushed out the door to a customer meeting. It was waiting here for me when I came back this week!

Room Tip: Its right off of Highway 101. Ask for a room away from the wall that faces the freeway. No hair dr...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The service people were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is clean, even the construction has seen the better days.
The hotel is embedded between industrial area and the highway, easy to find, lots of parking available.
They have a 24/7 restaurant next door, which give 10% discount for hotel guests.

Room Tip: If you like silent nights, avoid rooms on the west facing highway 101, the hotel faces directly the...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
GoodNiteInn, Manager at Good Nite Inn - Redwood City, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for the review.

Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The reception and support data was very good and friendly. Athena was very kind and calls at all. The business manager Weera Wass CHA was also very attentive. Congratulations to these as good employees.

Room Tip: Ground flor rooms are bether.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to do the review.
We appreciate it very much.

Hope we see you here soon.

Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been travelling 400 miles round trip to Stanford for chemotherapy for the last two years and I always stay at the Good Nite Inn in Redwood City. It may not be the fanciest accommodations, but for the price it can't be beat! It's easy to get to and centrally located to everything I need. What keeps me coming back, though, are the people. Andrea, Athena, Robert, and Justin have all bent over backwards to make reserving my room - and my stay - pleasant and pain-free. I'm always greeted with a smile and since I'm such a frequent visitor, we're on a first-name basis! They even recognize my voice on the phone and always ask how I'm feeling! I can't tell you how refreshing it is, after a long drive, to get out of the car and be greeted with a friendly, "Hi, Lori! Welcome back!". My service dog, Eli, thinks they are awesome, too and it appears the feeling is mutual! He gets so excited when we pull up to the lobby!

I'm happy to say that I no longer need chemotherapy, so my long and frequent drives to Redwood City are coming to an end. I WILL miss these people, though. I've grown quite fond of them all and any time I'm in the area, I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for second-story room towards the IHOP. They're the quietest! (Room 227 is the best!)
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
We shared your nice comments with the staff and they loved it.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed with a family of 4. Very friendly staff and clean room. The room could have more storage furniture and outlets. A clock and more lights would also be nice to have. The ac unit was loud but works well and I'm a heavy sleeper. There were occasional loud guests passing in the hall and you hear planes fly by from time to time. Again I'm a heavy sleeper but others might find this a problem. The are balconies with view to the pool and to the back yard. Room was spacious and the bathroom was clean. Parking was full after 3pm but almost empty in the morning. Overall it was a good stay for the price you get. As a precaution for first timers watch the signs and road because a few times we went to wrong way and drive into the highway.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was happy with my stay there they also helped me with my job faxing stuff and not charging me anything. I would come back again I seen the staff working on helping a man that lost his gps and they where going crazy to help the man I was very impressed with the staff I travel for work and there is a lot of hotels that will not fax without charging me.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
Our staff loved your comments.

Hope to see you soon.
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you like cockroaches, frayed furniture and carpet, peeled-off backsplash, industrial area immediately adjacent to the 101 (major freeway) ~ then this place is for you. A friend talked me into booking this through Hotwire.com, which sight-unseen locks you into a "discount" rate depending on the star rating selected. HUGE MISTAKE! Picked "2 star" level, and paid $83 + tax/fees = $100/night (low end for San Fran peninsula) . . . learned later this was only $10 off regular rate. Not worth it!

When we arrived and looked at our room, it was totally unacceptable (see photos). We asked the manager to move us, and he graciously did, but the second "upgraded' room was not much better.

Room Tip: We were told that the rooms around the pool were "upgraded" and in better shape, but even...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.
However, we are happy to let you know that we are in the middle of making multiple upgrades
in the rooms.
We hope you get a chance to visit us again to see the changes we are making.

Thank you.
Management.

Been to Good Nite Inn - Redwood City? Share your experiences!